Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

All I have is a crappy Aurora :(
*snipped pics for thread size*

I am thinking about getting a Freelancer, but don't know if I can justify the extra cost to myself.

I'm actually really happy with the way this little ship turned out. It was my least favorite of all the ships so far until getting to run around it and get in it tonight. Reminds me a lot of a helicopter now and it's grown a lot on me.

I was surprised at how meh I turned out to be n the 300's when I was really jazzed about them before tonight.

Couple more Freelancer SS in the business hanger

qNI6IQs.jpg

G8TYIxv.jpg

Hmmm I think the business class actually has the most work into it currently. I think I like it over the Deluxe hangers at least at this point.

Adding some Freelancer shots in a second for comparison to the Connie

The business definitely looks more upscale than the deluxe, that's for sure but the deluxe looks like a working space. Different aesthetics. I wonder if they will go back and put more work into the deluxe, I'm fine with it the way it is actually other than obvious stuff. Just interesting directions they took with them.

The business definitely looks more upscale than the deluxe, that's for sure but the deluxe looks like a working space. Different aesthetics. I wonder if they will go back and put more work into the deluxe, I'm fine with it the way it is actually other than obvious stuff. Just interesting directions they took with them.

I am sure they will continue to work on these a lot more since this is the alpha of the alpha. Maybe add features unique to each or something would be a nice touch IMO.

I also think that the majority of backers got the Business class hanger so they probably spent the most time spiffing that one up and getting it as clean as possible before the Hanger module that way it could be the "flagship" in enticing more people.

I am sure they will continue to work on these a lot more since this is the alpha of the alpha. Maybe add features unique to each or something would be a nice touch IMO.

I also think that the majority of backers got the Business class hanger so they probably spent the most time spiffing that one up and getting it as clean as possible before the Hanger module that way it could be the "flagship" in enticing more people.

I just wonder if people will get bummed that have the business and upgrade into the deluxe. It's a pretty different stylistic direction. There's already tons of images and video out though so it shouldn't be too big a surprise but still, people are people.

I actually like all three of them so far but I can see people favoring the business style in the majority.

I just wonder if people will get bummed that have the business and upgrade into the deluxe. It's a pretty different stylistic direction. There's already tons of images and video out though so it shouldn't be too big a surprise but still, people are people.

I actually like all three of them so far but I can see people favoring the business style in the majority.

I am betting they aren't done with the hangers by a long shot so it is pretty early to tell what they will be like later. I do like the Deluxe class because it is nice and open but the lighting on the Business is what I like the most. Besides who knows how many other types of hangers they will come out with in the next two years.

Keep getting "account login timed out" errors. Gonna reboot and see what happens.

Been happening to folks all night. Don't worry. Just keep trying. It's their servers being hit too often by log in attempts. You'll get through eventually. All part of stressing the system out.

I guess I'll have to try to tomorrow to do the hanger since I keep getting the account login timed out error.

been at it for nearly a day and I still get timed out when trying to launch.

I'm actually really happy with the way this little ship turned out. It was my least favorite of all the ships so far until getting to run around it and get in it tonight. Reminds me a lot of a helicopter now and it's grown a lot on me.

I was surprised at how meh I turned out to be n the 300's when I was really jazzed about them before tonight.

ya i am quite pleased with the aurora. one of my favorite looking ships, it has a very unique look to it.

and ya the 300i series looks very bland. Not a big fan

Files size too big and takes too long to encode but ok I'll make some in HD. Taking requests by the way.

I'm trying to decide if I want the 300i package, 315a or just sticking with the Aurora... I think my girlfriend is going to be playing it with me as well, she's very interested.

I dunno if it has been mentioned yet but you can hit Tab to go into mouse mode to navigate around the store terminal menu. I haven't tested it in the cockpit yet to see if it does anything.

I don't see him not supporting it later. It's super early.

Yeah I am pretty sure they will support multi monitor resolutions later. This is a PC game that is meaning to push the envelope. I loved how it looked though, for Pre Alpha, mother of god this game is pretty.

this game has the potential to be the greatest game on PC ever. its incredibly ambitious, and I have never seen so much detail in a game let alone a space sim

Hey can some one post a link to wingmans hanger and wingmans hangover. my phone is being a bitch right now and i can't get the site to work

this game has the potential to be the greatest game on PC ever. its incredibly ambitious, and I have never seen so much detail in a game let alone a space sim

Agreed. I love how they have living quarters in ships. It is how they should be.

Surprised how much I like the Aurora, and love everything about the Freelancer except the godawful front windows. but I have to think that will get changed in the future, or the 'lancer will be a sitting duck (lame duck?) that can't see to dodge, shoot, or even more importantly land. The Corsair model looks great, and I really want to see the M50!

I really loved sitting in the cockpit of the constellation. Thing looks intense.

I cannot wait to take her for a spin!!!!

Have they said if they are going to start slowing increasing functionality of the hanger and what we can do it between now and dogfighting? I would assume so but assumptions always get me in trouble :p

Another thing I am really liking about this game being first person you really get the scope of what size ship you really have. It is pretty kickass.

Back