Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

At the end of the day, whether it's open or not or Linux or not doesn't really phase me. I just want it to play well with whatever GPU I have at the time, be it AMD or nvidia. I've already spent more on SC than a new copy of Windows would cost me and frankly I don't care if it's open or not as long as it's well implemented on both AMD and nvidia cards, it's gonna suck balls if you buy an nvidia card 6 months before SC comes out and then end up having it play like shit compared to an AMD card.

well, 6 months from release we should know enough by then about mantle that people could make an educated decision on what gpu to buy, and by then Mantle might be in the cryengine and already working in the alpha/beta phases of Star Citizen

So just how long do we have to wait for this game? 2014 or 15? Both are way to damn far out.....been way too long since we had an epic casual space sim.......Eve doesn't count as you have to be a jobless recluse playing it 24/7 to enjoy it.

So just how long do we have to wait for this game? 2014 or 15? Both are way to damn far out.....been way too long since we had an epic casual space sim.......Eve doesn't count as you have to be a jobless recluse playing it 24/7 to enjoy it.

We are getting modules for it up until its "unofficial" release in 2014, we are, if I remember right, supposed to have a dog-fight module relatively soon.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Love me some Star Citizen fun stuff, just upgraded to business class hanger, payed the extra $20 for it, but now I'm looking at the Freelancer package atm, hmmmmm I might melt my upgrade and my bounty hunter package which will take off $55 off the freelancer package since I get the business hanger with that.

I so agree about the hanger upgrade- I picked up the Corsair package and my jaw hit the floor when I checked in to my new (Deluxe?) hangar! So much nicer than the basic, and the elevator is a nice touch. Now I want to know what's behind the door in that walkway!

And I spent way to much time inspecting my Corsair statue...

I so agree about the hanger upgrade- I picked up the Corsair package and my jaw hit the floor when I checked in to my new (Deluxe?) hangar! So much nicer than the basic, and the elevator is a nice touch. Now I want to know what's behind the door in that walkway!

And I spent way to much time inspecting my Corsair statue...

You mean Cutlass, right? You have the business hangar, at some point it will turn into the asteroid hangar when they have it ready.

Rather humorous that Drake Interplanetary names most of their ships pirate-y names like Cutlass, Corsair, Buccaneer. Privateer, Marauder etc... and then there's the "fearsome'... Caterpillar! Inching along the space lanes filled to the brim with booty!

Rather humorous that Drake Interplanetary names most of their ships pirate-y names like Cutlass, Corsair, Buccaneer. Privateer, Marauder etc... and then there's the "fearsome'... Caterpillar! Inching along the space lanes filled to the brim with booty!

Many caterpillars are poisonous :)

I can see it now, people start freaking out at seeing caterpillar's from long distance, they turn, there's more from the other side, person starts flipping and trying to turn on their long distance ranged weapons, mean time this little lone avenger swoops in from past the caterpillar's and wipes the poor bugger off the planet at high speeds than takes all the metal and runs, mwahahahahahahahahaha..... I love it.

Sudden visions of a [h]orde of tent caterpillars chugging through an asteroid field...

Nah- I'm with you, speed is good.

Very good.

And weapons.

Lots of weapons.

Im gonna only use that one cannon on the front of my ship, plan on a tractor beam purchase and A LOT of engine upgrades, needless to say, it WILL pay to be the [H]orde Scavenger

You guys scared of caterpillar''s? lol, every summer there was a tree in front of my house that would have a huge web on it where they'd come out of and I'd play with them.

nah, caterpillars are cuddly :D
gammasquadmoth1.jpg

A lot of the people I've helped and mentioned the [H] group to already belonged to a group :/

I could convert my caterpillar into a diner. oh oh and we could do the thing where the chefs cook right at your table. :D

My guess is the big announcement they've hinted at will be around that time. I should probably ask them.

Back