Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Woot Woot

i am rather interested to see if they have a big stretch goal for 20 mil.

Last edited:
Woot Woot

I was wondering the same, we have a 18M and a 19M stretch goal, I want a 20M stretch goal.

Streaming went surprisingly smooth, and it was kinda fun. I should've done this for all the giveaways but I was too lazy to spend time configuring crap
Will test other games later night

Lorien, is that a milspec Hornet? Will it persist in final game? If so, am I hallucinating that you are giving one away? If not, are you open to bribery and or coersion?

...goes back to hacking Lorien's personal info...

edit...Am I watching you play Diablo right now? Odd. Um, is that a webcam feed...wait, what are those hamsters doing...about that hornet...

LOL. I just edited the xml files to give myself that hornet i don't actually own one. I did an hour's worth of run throughs with every ship, just watch the VOD http://www.twitch.tv/lorien_hocp/b/456905619

And yeah I was testing D3, streaming that shit is horrendous. Went from 200fps to barely 20...
If I figure out how to fix the framerate while streaming I'll carry anyone farming through MP10 lol.

Heading out to Home depot just now tho, will be away for a while

Bought in, bitches. Connie for me :) Will DL once I get home and see what's up so far - on the road at the moment, and I didn't see a mac client

These guys aren't going to sell out right? The whole idea is to stay independent? I am a bit nervous by how well things are going......

These guys aren't going to sell out right? The whole idea is to stay independent? I am a bit nervous by how well things are going......

The are about 3-5 million away from completely crowd funding the game. If they sell out, they will have 240,000+ people pissed off at them.

Bought in, bitches. Connie for me :) Will DL once I get home and see what's up so far - on the road at the moment, and I didn't see a mac client
Great! Thanks for supporting the game.
If you bought the Rear Admiral package I can convert that to have Lifetime Insurance added to it, plus you'll have an extra $25 in store credit to spend for addons or maybe another ship.

Great! Thanks for supporting the game.
If you bought the Rear Admiral package I can convert that to have Lifetime Insurance added to it, plus you'll have an extra $25 in store credit to spend for addons or maybe another ship.

I did! That'd be awesome if you could - what do you need to know?

i am going to need a new computer. at 2560x1600 this game CHUGS. i did the cheats to unlock the constellation and the deluxe hangar and it all worked fine, so thanks lorien! looks awesome. any idea what happens if you unlock the connie with the discount hangar? im afraid to try it. :p anyway there are definitely a lot of bugs to work out, and hopefully a lot of options to add. im keeping the res at 1680x1050 for now since full res makes my psu chirp and the game lag pretty bad.

i did find a lot of bugs such as noclipping, controls going inverted when you get in the captain's chair, i was missing my head when i looked at my reflection in a window, and of course the hanger wall missing etc. im sure someone's already mentioned all these on the forums and they're working on them, just my personal observations. also are anyone's controls lagging? it might just be the lag from my screen upconverting since i turned the res down, just checking. ok time for bed, gonna check out the other ships tomorrow. just to save myself some time, what other ships are accessible through editing the files like this and which ones should i skip?

EDIT: also, i think the lighting inside the ships is really weird, i hope they fix it. just weird lines stick out really well lit where it doesnt seem like they should be and it doesn't look right.

Last edited:
You can give yourself all the initial 5 pledge ships. All the Aurora variants, the 2 Hornets, all 4 models of the 300 series, Freelancer and Constellation. It won't work with the Cutlas obviously cause it's a mini model not an actual ship mesh nor the Vanduul Scythe or the Bengal carrier.

The Connie will be there if you put it in the discount hangar but it'll clip through the walls lol. Don't know if the interactive elements will work either. https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/43929/constellation-in-the-discount-hangar

Last edited:
I don't know, it's probably about time they gave up. There's obviously no demand for an online space-sim. Hope no publisher invested in such a silly idea >.>

Actually, with so much funding, I'm almost worried that other companies will start giving us space-sim shovelware in the hopes of grabbing easy cash.

Actually, with so much funding, I'm almost worried that other companies will start giving us space-sim shovelware in the hopes of grabbing easy cash.

But theres one thing other companies dont have, that RSI does.... Roberts himself.

I would pay for any game that guy comes up with!

Woot Woot

How does planet based FPS combat work for you?

Personally I don't care about having any FPS combat in this game. I want a space sim and I would rather they concentrate all of their efforts on making and expanding that. I won't turn down some limited FPS for the boarding party aspect, I just find the prospect of planet based FPS very meh and very much a sidebar and distraction to what the core of the game is. I hope they aren't spreading themselves too thin.

How does planet based FPS combat work for you?

Personally I don't care about having any FPS combat in this game. I want a space sim and I would rather they concentrate all of their efforts on making and expanding that. I won't turn down some limited FPS for the boarding party aspect, I just find the prospect of planet based FPS very meh and very much a sidebar and distraction to what the core of the game is. I hope they aren't spreading themselves too thin.

why not if they can provide it? its not gonna be battlefield or anytihng

if you board my ship though i should be able to defend it by shooting you and those mechanics should be decent

theyre going to end up with over 30 million if they continue at this rate. its likely they will get a few more million ATLEAST when the dogfighter module comes out. they'll have plenty of resources to put into FPS to make it decent. but CR has already said it will be second best, especially when compared to modern FPS games. its just not their main focus.

can anyone direct me to the info to get access to all the ships in hanger?

hey'll have plenty of resources to put into FPS to make it decent. but CR has already said it will be second best, especially when compared to modern FPS games. its just not their main focus.

If they go with a counterstrike mechanicd shooter I'd be stoked. If they tried taking it back to basics kind of setup.

Does anyone have their Cutlass yet? I noticed the following on RSI's bug fix list:

CUTLASS
TWEAK: Geometry, Texture and lighting changes

honestly the only reason i am so excited about this SC is because of the fps aspect. not that I want to run around cod style shooting up the place. but with out it its just another meh space ship game.

fps ads worlds of depth from exploring huge derelicts to boarding to just social interaction. with out fps I would never have pledge anywhere near what I have.

that being said i don't give a rats ass about planetary fps stuff unless it ties in to the actual game like capturing/raiding factories. or capturing the player owned space stations.

also that buggy bowling video was badass:D

Star Citizen has the special sauce for a funding snowball other titles won't have. Plus Chris Roberts is a rock star for people that grew up in space combat games. Now those people have decent jobs and money to spend after years of being starved with no good space combat games.

Star Citizen has the special sauce for a funding snowball other titles won't have. Plus Chris Roberts is a rock star for people that grew up in space combat games. Now those people have decent jobs and money to spend after years of being starved with no good space combat games.

+1. Especially on those who cut their teeth on wing commander.. and now have legit jobs.

Back