Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

No they didn't say anything about that. I had the same idea. We could seed the galaxy with all the hangars we own. I'll ask around

Can't wait till they add in my khartu and racing, I think its gonna be an awesome racer and dog fighter

No patch 13 today. Looks they are going to be working the weekend to get it done.

Nice there is a picture of David Ladyman and George RR Martin in the jumpoint. Now I'm just waiting for someone to make a post saying that GRRM is wasting time with Star Citizen rather than finishing his books lol..

*edit, just read the post about the delay. I feel kind of bad for the guys having to stay over the holiday weekend, although I don't know why I'm doing the same thing :(

I've never done software dev, but I hope they don't get to burned out with all these small pushes for pre alpha stuff.

Last edited:
So AC v0.9 Status Update was released:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14111-Arena-Commander-V9-Status-Update

And the new Jump Point featuring the Constellation, which subscribers can't seem to access right now.

But most interesting, the vultures of StarCitizen Trading seem to have bought every single AMD NSF Gold coupon out there and are now selling them for an inflated price which makes me very glad I bought mine the minute I had the idea.

That sux, especially for those of us who wanted to actually HAVE the pack, that one Ive been waiting for for my son.

http://www.reddit.com/r/RSIsubscriber/comments/2ez9kv/jump_point_21_request/ck4epkb
2Z73K42.jpg

i did not read the whole jump point only skimmed it, but even the jump point mentions the Aquarius connie variant. which looks to be the taurus.

man i wana see a JP on the tali its got a 1700+ post thread, by far the most about any one ship, and they dont tell us shit about it. hell, they even had a JP on that stupid contest ship (no offence if you liked it), but still, the tali gets no love. I mean even the stats page has basically no info. I get the feeling that their original tali pitch of super awesome death machine IN SPACE! is getting morphed into armored transport. :(

IDK Shifty I think the Banu Merchanman and Starfarer are more important at the moment in time ;) /s

But yeah I was kind of looking for a something a bit different myself, I think they will end up doing one in a 3-4 months though since that is suppose to be the player chosen commercial and I would assume variants to work on after they finished the batch of ships they are on now.

Dont get me wrong I im on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about the banu. its just the tali has been out for so long with nary a peep to be heard.

Dont get me wrong I im on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about the banu. its just the tali has been out for so long with nary a peep to be heard.

I'm sure you'll get a virtual hot tub too. As well as a bar.

huh well see what the deal is i just picked up Elite so can compare the directly

Ok, I backed this game way back during the Kickstarter era, haven't really looked into the official website until today. Seems like I have $40 store credit and 7,000 United Earth Credits, what can I actually do with this? Do I have alpha access or do I have to buy into that as well?

The website isn't very intuitive for a first-timer.

Haven't really followed this thread much lately, but how is development shaping up? When are the planning final release?

Ok, I backed this game way back during the Kickstarter era, haven't really looked into the official website until today. Seems like I have $40 store credit and 7,000 United Earth Credits, what can I actually do with this? Do I have alpha access or do I have to buy into that as well?

The website isn't very intuitive for a first-timer.

If you are logged in mouse over "My RSI" and click on the "My Hangar" link. That will list whatever packages/ships you own. If you have store credit it sounds like you melted/reclaimed your original package. Unfortunately that will mean you won't have access to the Alpha content since that's no longer available. But customer support can actually unmelt it for you if you are lucky.

Haven't really followed this thread much lately, but how is development shaping up? When are the planning final release?
Final release is not for another year, maybe longer.

There's far too much to list so here's some of the closest things that are lined up. In a few days they'll be releasing v0.9 which will add:
- Brand new Asteroid hangar plus upgraded/reskined hangars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPspFrsuJCo
- Murray Cup racing module (time trial, 3-lap race, death race) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hN-0TrdUR0
- 350R and M50 flyable in game
- In October they'll be revealing the FPS module https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUvwba4DMLY

Last edited:
That's weird since I never did anything besides link the pledge to my account. I guess what happened is I linked my pledge so late, they forgot what package I even had, since this was my KS tier:

MERCENARY: A digital copy of the finished game for your PC with your RSI Aurora spaceship ready to fly + 1,000 Galactic Credits + Exclusive access to the Alpha and Beta + White Citizen's Card (physical reward)

Guess I'll email them and see if I can get anything done.

huh well see what the deal is i just picked up Elite so can compare the directly

Since 0.9 was delayed I've been playing Elite: Dangerous this weekend, its a blast. I was flying around anarchy space for a while with no weapons, then I got weapons, but hadn't set my power priorities so I would have killed my self if I would have tried to use them. Only thing I'm missing right now is chaff, I'll pick that up next time I'm in port.

The AMD Mustang is showing on the Never Settle rewards page now, for gold and silver tiers.
http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/never-settle.aspx

Although people had trouble redeeming so far(site is under maintenance)
Redeemed my AMD Gold code just now.
Congratulations on reserving Star Citizen! The code will be delivered closer to the game release. We will update your account and notify you as soon as the game code is available.
Can't wait to tool around in the Mustang.

Just used my 2 gold keys everything went smooth for me. I used them on different accounts, I don't know if you can use multiple keys on a single account or not.

Now I wished I would have bought all those gold and silver keys on ebay lol

lol, the guy who sold AMD codes on the Reddit trade was selling bronze codes at $50 a pop. WTF

Last edited:
Now I wished I would have bought all those gold and silver keys on ebay lol

lol, the guy who sold AMD codes on the Reddit trade was selling bronze codes at $50 a pop. WTF

LOL wow...

Redeeming mine now.

It's funny when I saw him selling, I saw ebay ones still up for $20 "buy it now" for silver and $30 for gold.

I thought it was pretty well known that SC was a gold for sure and possibly silver also. On top of that we weren't even 100% sure that our codes would work lol. People are crazy I guess, I was getting worried that my $25 gold code I grabbed may not work, maybe I'm just overly cautious idk haha.

So I activated the Star Citizen redemption from the AMD Gold package, but I'm assuming this package doesn't enable qualification for the different Kickstarter milestones as they are met? (don't even have the key yet from the AMD redemption)

So I activated the Star Citizen redemption from the AMD Gold package, but I'm assuming this package doesn't enable qualification for the different Kickstarter milestones as they are met? (don't even have the key yet from the AMD redemption)

right, it is likely a considered a gift so you are not a real backer, if you want the backer stuff for each milestone you will need to spend $5 on a ship skin.

right, it is likely a considered a gift so you are not a real backer, if you want the backer stuff for each milestone you will need to spend $5 on a ship skin.

So the $5 skin will give qualification for the backings and then once I get the key from the AMD package I'll be able to gain access to the game? (I think I saw something that the AMD package did enable beta access?)

So the $5 skin will give qualification for the backings and then once I get the key from the AMD package I'll be able to gain access to the game? (I think I saw something that the AMD package did enable beta access?)

yes, i do not believe anything has changed, you should only need to spend $5 to get access to backer rewards.

Sweet, the code I got worked too. Hope I don't have to wait to long to see the Mustang in my hangar. I just realized that I have a pretty big collection of one off ships, Aurora LX, 350R, Super Hornet, Phoenix and now the Mustang Omega...I must see about getting a MIS upgrade for my Freelancer.

EDIT: I believe that gifted package accounts were eligible for backer rewards, but if you wanna be on the safe side get a ship skin or somethings. There are still gold codes popping up on ebay for $30 and I saw some silver under the week for $20.

Last edited:
I guess the better option would be to drop $5 on the Arena Commander pass to make sure you qualify for the backing milestones? Then apply it to the AMD package once the keys are issued?

Unless it's changed, I had gifted my friend a package last year. He never got any of the stretch goal items though until he put down $5 for a skin on the account. After he bought the skin he would only get the items from the date of the purchase and not the date the account was created and package gifted.

So you still need to buy something on the account for you to get the stretch goal stuff, $5 was all it took.

Back