Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

i doubt the ship can move with anything docked to the hatches unless there are massive clamps to hold what ever is hooked to them in place, i think they are just boarding and transfer hatches would be my guess.

https://www.facebook.com/2154754385...37977409588881/?type=1&theater&_fb_noscript=1

It appears that the TNGS 3rd place team, Shimapan, might be working for CIG.
w8xf9My.jpg

I call Shimapan's ship the Ugly Duck, cause it looks like an ugly duck with weak back legs taking a shit (the animations for landing and the backdoor opening don't help). I guess you could say it has personality, but it needs better landing gear.

Glad to see the next great starship did more than just bring a new ship to the game. They basically had an internship at the company during the contest and are picking up the cream of the crop, which is an excellent use of the fund money.

Do you guys think that v0.9 will slip to next week? I have a feeling that it will.

i like how they have a goal for space flight, and a later goal is combat so if they only get 1mill they will only let you fly around and not shoot each other.

edit, this is going to get good i can feel it, they already removed the post where they said they licensed the designs from cig from their forums but that blatant lie is already out there in wild lol

535530876d.png

rawr2.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't piranha games the ones that made that mech warrior game and burned a lot of early backers?

Best advertisement these guys could be asking for, the pledge count has been going up since people stopped getting there posts deleted. I think I'll sit back and watch this, because if one of these crowd funding efforts fails and it tries to drag CIG into it, it could be very bad.

Edit: looks like IGN posted a trailer, http://youtu.be/1vy14mJrkWk

Last edited:
Best advertisement these guys could be asking for, the pledge count has been going up since people stopped getting there posts deleted. I think I'll sit back and watch this, because if one of these crowd funding efforts fails and it tries to drag CIG into it, it could be very bad.

huh wonder how much of that was just CGI render (im betting most of it)
but looks like Freelancer meets Tachyon

Looks like garbage. Plus the website (and even the pledge package names!) are a total ripoff of Star Citizen.

OMG, Ben confirmed that Transvrse is in fact a real project, but it was almost EA backed Wing Commander Online.

2lNoBH7.jpg

Edit: And I just noticed Ben mention M50 commercial sometime this week.

Well since I started checking their web page they did manage to pick up 28 backers, how many of those are devs is another question. I did spend some time with a lot of scorned "Founder" members of MWO and am surprised they developed this under their name. The other amazing thing is how many MWO ppl were willing to come over to SC and give it another go.

Aren't piranha games the ones that made that mech warrior game and burned a lot of early backers?

Yes. 1 year after "launch", the game is still not anywhere near feature complete and the developers lied about many things. No content has been released in months, except for mechs that can only be bought with real money. Keep in mind, there is absolutely nothing you can do in the game beyond instanced deathmatch. The CEO also used to regularly mock customers that expressed any criticism for the game.

Now imagine what will happen when they try to develop an MMO.

Dumb question, but I was thinking of getting into this game, but its a bit over "information overload" on everything - can you even play the game and do space combat right now?

Dumb question, but I was thinking of getting into this game, but its a bit over "information overload" on everything - can you even play the game and do space combat right now?
The two things you can do currently are, Arena Commander and tool around your hangar. AC allows you to fly your ship (currently only base Aurora, 300i, and Hornet) either by yourself, against bots or versus other random players on small maps. The only other thing is walking around your hangar to gawk at your ship.

Other than that, the next update (0.9) is supposed to be bringing racing as well as allowing you to invite your friends to an online match.

The complete game is still a long ways off. So, if you want any sort of substance, you'll be waiting for that or the upcoming updates that will give you points to unlock things.

Im cracking up at all the people posting about transverse being a space mmo for transgender people. :D

AHahahahahha. the pgi moderators on the transverse sub redit banned every one because they were getting so much shit. then redit found out about it and banned all the pgi accounts, Priceless.

next thing you know the war z people will be doing a space mmo lol:p

I lol'd. I have no doubts that Sergei Titov the scammer-developer of such hits as Big Rigs Over The Road Racing would make a space-sim if he thought he could get away with it and pull enough money out of early "backers" before Valve dropped the hammer and kicked the game out of greenlight.

But then it remains to be seen if Chris Roberts can even make one. I have some serious doubts about the no-name studio that he tasked with the FPS portion for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcCi6_jTLw
Video from anything fps of the connie getting aged. Looks bloody good.

That is an excellent immersion aspect. I hope things age with use not with time though. The age that the ship shows is like a badge of honor. A scratched up cargo hold due to repeated loading and unloading of tons of material shows many credits the vessel made for you by carrying tons of load across systems, or missing paint on armor panels showing how many times they saved your skin let that be against heat while entering atmospheres or preventing blasters from making a hole in the hull.

one the one hand i hate that they are spending what must be a buttload of time on these aging effects and other small stuff like that when there is still work to be done on more significant features. on the other hand, that is so fucking cool. i love how much effort they are spending on every minute detail.

one the one hand i hate that they are spending what must be a buttload of time on these aging effects and other small stuff like that when there is still work to be done on more significant features. on the other hand, that is so fucking cool. i love how much effort they are spending on every minute detail.

It just seems like a distraction, to be honest. When all they've managed to deliver is a hangar you can walk in and a light dogfight module, they really need to be more forthcoming about deliverables at a macro level rather than "check out this cool 3d modeling effect".

well i think those are cry engine effects, not effects that CiG made. anythingFPS does not work for CiG

It just seems like a distraction, to be honest. When all they've managed to deliver is a hangar you can walk in and a light dogfight module, they really need to be more forthcoming about deliverables at a macro level rather than "check out this cool 3d modeling effect".

CIG has nothing to do with the modeling effects from anythingFPS as noted by the above comment, however, I too wish we could get at least 0.9 out than get me the FPS module.

Got the short notes of the good stuff? Don't have time to read it lol

"YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO US!"

EDIT: You monies belongs to us with no expectation of a product. Your opinion does not matter and we have the right to censor if we so chose and terminate your account and anything we promised you without giving back your (*cough* our) monies. Let me know if I missed anything else.

"YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO US!"

EDIT: You monies belongs to us with no expectation of a product. Your opinion does not matter and we have the right to censor if we so chose and terminate your account and anything we promised you without giving back your (*cough* our) monies. Let me know if I missed anything else.

Scam confirmed.

They need to cover their bases and last I check that is the basic EULA of kickstarter (hence I keep saying crowd funding needs to have lawmakers have a good hard look at it).

Back