Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Is Dokazon the in game [H] corp? If that is the case, why there is no [H] in the name?

Less than $20k away from $46M. The E3 demo on gamespot seemed to have helped quite a bit.

At this point more money raised falls under the "so what?" rubric. It's not like another million will create something radically different, or that the stretch goals are actually reflecting 1 million dollars worth of effort (yes yes, more money makes the game better overall, yawn). If anything another million will make people wonder why the progress is as slow as it is while millions are being collected.

All of this is one great experiment. Front-loading revenue by this much has never been done before so there's no way to know how this will play out in 1 year (unless the game is still not done, and they are still raising additional millions), or in 2 years, or in 3.

SC is a niche game, it will never be a CoD scale game (yes yes, hold you "I don't want it to be a mass market game!" posts). So when you saturate the market ahead of release you seriously diminish your ability to obtain additional operating funds as time goes on.

Is Dokazon the in game [H] corp? If that is the case, why there is no [H] in the name?

Wanted something a bit more unique.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of organizations with the words Hard core in it.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...?sort=default&search=hard&pagesize=12&page=1&

I am sure we could of gotten it if we wanted too but i think something unique and less obvious will be good long term. and we are not limiting members to only people that use the hard forums, granted that is where the majority of our members are from.

With the Dokazon Corporation we are free to have complete creativity when it comes to fleshing out organization details like back story ect.

Instead of it being something more generic sounding.

If you want to know where the name Dokazon comes from it is a combination of the Twin Gods of Death Dogar and Kazon that the Alien race the Ilwrath worshiped from the Star Control series.

46 million wooooo!

i am at work so can some one post a link to the letter from the chairman when it comes out, or better yet copy and paste it.

How is this game so far? I've never played a space flight game. Should wait til its more far along?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How is this game so far? I've never played a space flight game. Should wait til its more far along?

the DFM is rather kick ass, and it will be even better once they implement the mp part (first wave starts this week). so if you have 40 bucks you wouldn't mind parting with then, ya, i would say its worth picking up.

But if you don't feel like spending the money right now its not a big deal you can always pledge later.

bought a cheap Logitech 3d stick at best buy yesterday for $19.99

MUCH easier to fly around compared to mouse/keyboard.

it's a lot more fun now.

Thats the one I've been using, much better than I expected for the price and I paid $27. I did notice yesterday it has a small amount of play near center but doesnt appear to be affecting the ship in game.

bought a cheap Logitech 3d stick at best buy yesterday for $19.99

MUCH easier to fly around compared to mouse/keyboard.

it's a lot more fun now.

will probably hand this down to my son once I get a better hotas setup in the future.

I would recommend everyone go out and get a flight stick, for $20, there is no reason not to.

Eh, I recently bought the exact same joystick. I still find keyboard/mouse easier to use given I can't remap the joystick right now. Aka: I want to flip around twist and left/right on the joystick. Right now twist turns the ship and left/right rotates. Utterly backwards vs. what i'm used to.

shifty68: not sure what dfm is. Are there any videos of what your referring to? Any videos yet of the mp part you mentioned?

shifty68: not sure what dfm is. Are there any videos of what your referring to? Any videos yet of the mp part you mentioned?

DFM is in reference to the Dog Fighting Module, essentially it will allow you to free fly ships or run vanduul swarm mode (think Gears of war, different waves of enemies) and finally (if your in the right allotment) full on Death Match mode.

Aka: I want to flip around twist and left/right on the joystick. Right now twist turns the ship and left/right rotates. Utterly backwards vs. what i'm used to.

Whaaauuut?

For as far back as I can remember using a joystick: Foward = Down, Back = Up, Left = Roll Left, Right = Roll Right, Twist(if available)/Pedals = rudder
Which I belive is the typical flight setup IRL

Last edited:
You can remap the controls (including joysticks) but you have to use an XML file to do it. There is a stickied thread on how to do it in the AC forum. No link as I'm at work. Not that hard to do and greatly improves the game if your controller's default setup isn't what you like.

Whaaauuut?

For as far back as I can remember using a joystick: Foward = Down, Back = Up, Left = Roll Left, Right = Roll Right, Twist(if available)/Pedals = rudder

This is no typical flight setup..... That is a space station!!
Obiwan

This is no typical flight setup....THIS......IS......SPARTAAA!! I mean Star Citizen!!!
Bearded dude from 300.

looks like retaliator is going to win the first commercial vote.

why is the m50 not getting votes, that needs to win one of the rounds!

Multi-player is starting to be rolled out:
Greetings Citizens,

We have issued a patch for Arena Commander! This patch helps prepare the game for the multiplayer roll-out, adds several control-related features and fixes a number of bugs. You can find further details and a list of other known issues in the Patch Notes.

Please note one change that may be confusing: you must press tab in order to see the cursor while accessing the Arena Commander menu in the cockpit. This is a result of ongoing updates to the controller setups, and will be altered in future builds.

Also with the retaliator winning a commercial release, that likely means when ever that commercial comes out they will be back up for sale.

Prep your wallets, if it has variants too...

it is likely a long ways off tho. Connie, and Cutlass commercials need to come out first. it would be nice if we started to get a commercial once a month now tho.

12.2 is live!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13945-Arena-Commander-Patch-Available

Greetings Citizens,

We have issued a patch for Arena Commander! This patch helps prepare the game for the multiplayer roll-out, adds several control-related features and fixes a number of bugs. You can find further details and a list of other known issues in the Patch Notes.

Please note one change that may be confusing: you must press tab in order to see the cursor while accessing the Arena Commander menu in the cockpit. This is a result of ongoing updates to the controller setups, and will be altered in future builds.

PLEASE NOTE: You must now press tab to show the cursor when the Arena Commander menu is open in the cockpit.
New Features/Fixes
Vanduul no longer show as committing suicide when defeating them with missiles
Added “Invert Flight Mouse” and “Invert Flight Controller” options to game settings screen
Helmet animation plays when putting on the helmet now
Ejection now counts towards player death
Added an expanded X52 mapping
Lighting fixes for AMD machines
Improved Aurora mount/dismount/idle animation
Increased fuel tank capacity to allow for longer afterburner use
Improved Thruster Animations
Improved Holoship destruction
Player is now able to access the scoreboard whilst waiting on respawn
Improvements on overlapping ship audio SFX
Fixed crashes when match round ends
300i seat animations now added and improved
Entering 300i and Aurora with your helmet now displays the HUD on the helmet
Removed debug text from X55 HOTAS in key binding menu
Known Issues
Hangar:
Buggy can only move when using boost in the business hangar
Audio missing from legacy Aurora control panels when sit/standing in pilot seat
CF-117 Badger repeater geometry becomes offset when fired from firing range
Red replace me ball shown beneath DFM Trainer Hornet
Texture z-fighting appearing in DFM Trainer Aurora cockpit
Third person camera view can roll using Q and E
Vanduul swarm
Aurora boost level decreases when not using boost
Boost level not shown while flying 300i
Multiplayer
Aurora boost level only shown as decreasing after first death
Other ships can appear to rotate when they actually are not
Scoreboard info not shown if round ends while outside of ship

Last edited:
Wow LTI sells for lots. Have now sold my cutlass and khartu LTI for a combined $460. Only payed 265 for them. Rebought my cutlass and now I have enough left over I can afford to buy another khartu and now a merchamnan when they resell them

Last edited:
yeah i am working on selling my LTI weekend warrior after selling the digital pirate for 220.

selling off my LTI ships is going to pay for a retaliator when they re-release.

i might keep my lti m50 just in case i want to make sure i have 1 ship with lti but if m50's go up for sale again and the lti ones are still going for almost 200 i might let it go for that and just pick up a non lti m50 lol.

if my weekend warrior sells and after getting a non lti super hornet back and cutlass back, i should end up with around 270 in store credit to go into a cutlass variant upgrade and get the retaliator, and if the tali gets variants ill just pay the difference or i can do the m50 lti to non lti transition to cover it.

Yup, I'm thinking about offloading my LTI stuff also, what was the wait time for someone to buy Ragenrok?

Although I'm hesitant to let my LTI Banu Merchantman and Xi'an Scout go since I I figure alien insurance may be more expensive.

I think alien insurance won't be bad as their not hostile races. Pirate pack and khartu took 1 day when I hit the right price. Had to relist cutlass from $225 to $220 and khartu from $250 to $240

My Digital Pirate - LTI pack sold within an hour or 2 at 220, for RSI credit. went with credit since i knew id be using it on another cutlass and or for a retaliator

I just put my Weekend Warrior - LTI up for $330 paypal not including fees, or for bitcoin/litecoin since i need to rebuy another non lti hornet + super hornet upgrade so i want to have actual money to make it easier to get, then what ever is left over will be putting back into RSI credits to make sure its all going to CIG.

Did they change something to LTI recently? Why is everyone selling their stuff?

I don't really feel i need LTI, and if i can make some more money for CiG while at the same time getting some more ships in my hangar then it seems like a good move for me.

Wow LTI sells for lots. Have now sold my cutlass and khartu LTI for a combined $460. Only payed 265 for them. Rebought my cutlass and now I have enough left over I can afford to buy another khartu and now a merchamnan when they resell them

I would guess that when all the economics gets fully flushed out in game, paying that much for LTI isn't going to make financial sense. I.e. for the 200 buck difference you could buy 200,000 UEC which would be enough to pay for the insurance for many years. So smart move on your part, I would say.

=chineseman;1040893924]Did they change something to LTI recently? Why is everyone selling their stuff?

LTI is not that important the developers of already stated that it is going to be fairly cheap anyways and was nothing more than a Perk to make you happy. I'd rather have the spare $200 to play with than some things that cost next to nothing in the game. I don't think LTI is worth the premium but people are willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for IT so ima take advantage of it lol

Last edited:
Whaaauuut?

This is how it is. I can't imagine it being any other way. Typically you use pedals though. Twist is rather uncommon in the real world.

i like how so many clueless people voted no to more stretch/milestone goals lol.

it just shows how clueless some people are about what is going on with the funding for star citizen.

so many comments about not wanting to increase the workload on the project blah blah. haha.

$46M letter from the chairman: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13944-Letter-From-The-Chairman-46-Million

Z_soon.jpg

Greetings Citizens,

In my last letter, just a few days ago, I wrote that the Freelancer seems to be a hit. Let’s modify that: at $46 million, we have solid proof that our “interstellar pickup truck” is a superstar! Thank you for your support. It’s especially gratifying to see that backers are interested in roles beyond traditional space combat; the success of the trading and exploration-oriented Freelancer is a good reminder that Arena Commander is just our first step into building a living universe!

The $46 million stretch goal is one of the player-voted in-game rewards. Here are the details:

Updated Scanning Software – Chimera Communications unveiled the latest version of their SBit scanning software, also announcing a one-time free upgrade for their current and long-standing customers. The new SBit upgrade offers advanced scanning capabilities for prospecting asteroids above and beyond their baseline systems. SBit is a FIB-based system that floods the scan-zone with energy then processes the frequency of the energy reflected back, providing the operator with a composite sketch of potential ore deposits. With the new version, Chimera included an updated library of searchable frequencies as well as variable scan sizes, allowing smaller surface, higher-resolution scans. The general public will be able to purchase the update when SBit is officially released.

The winner of the last letter’s commercial poll is the Retaliator! (It was neck and neck with the Avenger until pulling away at the last minute.) As a result, it will be the next commercial we put into production following the Constellation and Cutlass. Our writers are already busy imagining how to put together a cool and different commercial for the bomber!

In honor of the poll, I’d like to share a couple of images of the Retaliator. You’re looking at an in-engine shot of an early model and a view of the internal weapons bay. These images are actually a few weeks old; I’ve asked the team in the UK to put together a small Retaliator gallery to show you the current status. That will be available tomorrow.

This brings me to the topic of stretch goals. When we started the Star Citizen campaign, the purpose of the stretch goals was to make things we had imagined but didn’t think we could afford possible: adding capital ship systems, studying procedural generation, hiring additional artists to build more ships at once and the like. The additional funding continues to expand the scope of the game and make what we’re doing possible… but it’s becoming more and more difficult to quantify that with more stretch goals (and to explain that to the rest of the world, which likes to focus only on how much money we’ve made.)

My preference would be to use these letters going forward to update you on what we’re already doing with the money; sharing additional parts of Star Citizen’s development. We would also continue to award flare and other extras to our backers as we hit milestones, whether they’re funding or schedule-related. If we discover additional technologies or come up with new elements to the game’s design we want to incorporate, we’ll let you know about those as they happen. But this is a decision for the community: let me know what you think in the poll below.

— Chris Roberts

Back