Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

About that Hornet black paintjob: I believe you'll be able to get that look with the Blackbeard Stealth skin

P.S: Did anyone catch the Hangover?. I couldn't get away and I missed it. I'm just about to start watching WMH.

Because people have been spending money early with an expectation they were getting something special (LTI), and if that something special never ends, it is no longer special.

Yes, I'm sure the majority of everyone who pledged early, did so soley for the LTI. Nevermind the fact that most of them did so to support the development of said game.

Yes, I'm sure the majority of everyone who pledged early, did so soley for the LTI. Nevermind the fact that most of them did so to support the development of said game.

And now the only way to get LTI as a new backer is to buy the $2700 or $5000 pledges...or know a veteran backer and get a package LTI deal that way. I don't get why people are complaining like "everyone" can get LTI right now....you either are a massive 4-figures donor and get it, or you know someone like Lorien. Those are the only ways to get LTI, now.

Have they even said they are extending lti?

No but Lorien commented on how we should be asking for it to be extended and then a couple people spoke up saying it should just be ended. Hence our bickering back and forth :p

No but Lorien commented on how we should be asking for it to be extended and then a couple people spoke up saying it should just be ended. Hence our bickering back and forth :p

Ahh ok that explains it. Lol for a second i though i was in the SC forums.

In some ways I think it should be extended for OB/VBs.. Simply because they have access to it now anyway.

It really should be available when all the connie/freelancer variants drop and possibly shortly into the dogfighting module. I mean if you find out you fucking hate one of the ships you pledged a lot for...and you'd prefer something else.. finding it with LTI might be hard.

That's all I've been asking them, extend it 'til all the ship variants have been released.

I personally don't care if LTI is extended or not.

Its been extended so long now that its no longer "special". CIG has already stated that its going to be so cheap ingame anyways that its not really even a perk, its just 1 less thing you have to worry about really.

i coughed up the last $35 i need to hit Vice Admiral on my account today. got a bunch of skins i dont really need so i will likely melt them once we can buy character slots maybe get a couple character slots with it.

i coughed up the last $35 i need to hit Vice Admiral on my account today. got a bunch of skins i dont really need so i will likely melt them once we can buy character slots maybe get a couple character slots with it.

Didn't they say you could use additional character slots as an AI crew? I might be buying a crew...

Didn't they say you could use additional character slots as an AI crew? I might be buying a crew...

yes, thats the only reason i would want some character slots. im expecting them to cost 15$ no less per slot.

because a character slot is basically full entry into the PU, you just start with nothing if you dont have a ship and have to start as a crew member or what ever to make your way through the game until you can afford a ship.

or you can convert a character slot into an NPC that you can change the look of.

so if someone wants to be a cheap ass with no assets or access to the single player game they can buy a character slot for 15$ and play in the PU and truly start from the bottom.

my goal is to have 5-7 extra character slots, but i want to know just how many npc's they are going to let us hire before spending the money on them all. there has to be a limit, is it 4 or 6 or 13 so you can full crew an idris and its 3 hornet pilots, what...

atm i have my main character slot in the weekend warrior package and another from an extra digital colonel and super upgrade.

my ideal npc crew if i had to be solo for what ever reason would be, me flying retaliator + 5 gunners and 2 more for super hornet wingmen.

but to me that seems like a lot of power under 1 persons control. so im not sure what they will decide on for crew and wingman limits

yes, thats the only reason i would want some character slots. im expecting them to cost 15$ no less per slot.

Unless we get like 5+ slots by default, there is no way I would be paying $15 for a character slot. That is absurd.

Unless we get like 5+ slots by default, there is no way I would be paying $15 for a character slot. That is absurd.

you only get 1 character slot per game package.

and a character slot is much more than just an npc slot or your own character slot.

you can gift character slots to people just like ships, and someone that hasn't spent any money on the game can play in a completely unlocked persistent universe thanks to being given one of those slots by someone.

a character slot is full PU access.

so you can either make a new character with another chacter slot, or make a custom npc, or give it away to someone that wants to play and you essentially give them the full game minus SP content.

$15 tends to be the price difference most packages that have a ship and game access'

so it stands to reason that should be what a character slot costs. who knows it could be $10 if it doesnt include SP but i guess if it did include SP minimum $15 otherwise you would have people that spent $125 on digital colonel/freelancer bitching that it basically cost them $15 for a character slot if they could of just bought the ship as an addon and the character slot by itself and saved $5

price too high and you get the same problem people bitching its a money grab.

CiG said they are losing going with the character slot route because you get the game cheaper that way.

but also keep in mind you dont need to pay for a character slot to get an npc, its just to change how they look if you want to pick what they look like, so its a purely cosmetic thing if you buy a character slot for and npc, and chances are you will still need to pay your character slot npc's just like a normal npc i doubt CiG would let them be a free ride crew.

Dudes in here paid upwards of $130 for a ship, $15 ain't nothin! :p ;)
i have $775 worth of ships in my hangar, and $35 in skins and a $5 Gamescom trophy :)

i think it has a better ring to it without the servant, thats what the slaves are any way :)

At Starcitizen_trades it was(is) common practice to hide info from new backers. That is until I started making noise there.

Stuff like the difference in price between a new-backer and original-backer package, the wait list, the fact that by sending money to someone to buy you a package did not make you a backer and you lost out all the stretch goal gifts. Seeing so many fucking hypocrites calling themselves "trusted traders" and doing these things made me register on reddit and I made a post revealing all of that information. It got downvoted to hell obviously from the same profiteering hypocrites that were using new backers to their advantage.

Slowly though by educating people with my post(s) and PMs these resellers changed their tactics and all you see now is people selling ships outright via paypal and not even accepting RSI credits, or if they do at stupid ratios in their favor.

As an anecdote: I registered on reddit 1 month before I ever made my first post there and contacted the subreddit mods telling them about the wait list. Almost none of them was aware that it even existed and the one who knew didn't know how it worked...all the while people using it to buy limited ship were posting those same ships for sale at stupid price markups. These resellers didn't even pay CIG because they were abusing the fact that the token to buy a limited ship remains in your account indefinitely until you feel like paying for it. So they just sold it to someone on the subreddit, collected their money, paid for the ship with that money and pocketed the rest.

The article is also a good example of astroturfing. It was written by a goon and the trader that they pimp in the article is also a goon. Draw your conclusions about their motives from that.

Last edited:
Nice but I think that only means the work is just getting started. I believe the Freelancer is the next ship due for a brochure and variants and also the Cutlas with the asteroid hangar. They talked about it on the latest WMH.

Edit: Oh and the Caterpillar will also come with an Asteroid Hangar.

I don't think this is scamming at all. The article is good as far as information but completely wrong when it comes to the definition of scamming.

Scamming is saying " If you give me $100, I'll give you this ship" and then taking the money but not delivering the ship, or delivering a different ship, or somehow misrepresenting what people are getting for their money.

When someone says, give me $200 and I'll gift you and LTI superhornet and keeps $35 for his pocket, that is not scamming, that is just doing business, actually a helping business, getting people what they want, which they could have not get any other way in the first place.

When they say gift me the package, then they buy it cheaper and send it to you with LTI and keep the $15, again not scamming, even nicer than the guy above. You as a customer get LTI for free and they get a small something for their service.

When they get you the LTI package and then regift you the price difference, you get everything. There is only one winner in that transaction which is you. The original backer does not gain anything from it, ( at least monetarily), the game loses the extra money that they were gonna get from your package and end up extending you more service for the cash paid.... In this case there is only one scammer who is you,the only beneficiary of this transaction, the person who getting the LTI service for free and a discount.

And now the only way to get LTI as a new backer is to buy the $2700 or $5000 pledges...or know a veteran backer and get a package LTI deal that way. I don't get why people are complaining like "everyone" can get LTI right now....you either are a massive 4-figures donor and get it, or you know someone like Lorien. Those are the only ways to get LTI, now.

Or you can just buy the LTI service on ebay for a whopping $1, so for practical purposes everyone can in fact get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSI-Star-Ci...etime-Insurance-for-new-backers-/141099475667

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
At Starcitizen_trades it was(is) common practice to hide info from new backers. That is until I started making noise there.

Stuff like the difference in price between a new-backer and original-backer package, the wait list, the fact that by sending money to someone to buy you a package did not make you a backer and you lost out all the stretch goal gifts. Seeing so many fucking hypocrites calling themselves "trusted traders" and doing these things made me register on reddit and I made a post revealing all of that information. It got downvoted to hell obviously from the same profiteering hypocrites that were using new backers to their advantage.

Slowly though by educating people with my post(s) and PMs these resellers changed their tactics and all you see now is people selling ships outright via paypal and not even accepting RSI credits, or if they do at stupid ratios in their favor.

As an anecdote: I registered on reddit 1 month before I ever made my first post there and contacted the subreddit mods telling them about the wait list. Almost none of them was aware that it even existed and the one who knew didn't know how it worked...all the while people using it to buy limited ship were posting those same ships for sale at stupid price markups. These resellers didn't even pay CIG because they were abusing the fact that the token to buy a limited ship remains in your account indefinitely until you feel like paying for it. So they just sold it to someone on the subreddit, collected their money, paid for the ship with that money and pocketed the rest.

The article is also a good example of astroturfing. It was written by a goon and the trader that they pimp in the article is also a goon. Draw your conclusions about their motives from that.

I don't think this is scamming at all. The article is good as far as information but completely wrong when it comes to the definition of scamming.

Scamming is saying " If you give me $100, I'll give you this ship" and then taking the money but not delivering the ship, or delivering a different ship, or somehow misrepresenting what people are getting for their money.

When someone says, give me $200 and I'll gift you and LTI superhornet and keeps $35 for his pocket, that is not scamming, that is just doing business, actually a helping business, getting people what they want, which they could have not get any other way in the first place.

When they say gift me the package, then they buy it cheaper and send it to you with LTI and keep the $15, again not scamming, even nicer than the guy above. You as a customer get LTI for free and they get a small something for their service.

When they get you the LTI package and then regift you the price difference, you get everything. There is only one winner in that transaction which is you. The original backer does not gain anything from it, ( at least monetarily), the game loses the extra money that they were gonna get from your package and end up extending you more service for the cash paid.... In this case there is only one scammer who is you,the only beneficiary of this transaction, the person who getting the LTI service for free and a discount.

I put this practice of "grey market" "profiteering" in the same exact folder I file football ticket scalpers. Unethical? Fairly. Pretty sleazy? Yes. Where there's a market, people will always try to get a buck from their fellow man.

OTOH, it does make me much more appreciative of the venue of [H], and honest folks here who make this place a great one. :)

You obviously did not read the article.

The article was talking about people who do not inform the buyer that there is a price difference and silently keeps the money.

That can be considered scamming by some.

EDIT: After re-reading what you said I see your point, yes it can also be considered "the cost of doing business". Infact if I was an OB I would be doing the same thing to be honest.

You obviously did not read the article.

The article was talking about people who do not inform the buyer that there is a price difference and silently keeps the money.

That can be considered scamming by some.

EDIT: After re-reading what you said I see your point, yes it can also be considered "the cost of doing business". Infact if I was an OB I would be doing the same thing to be honest.

When you go to a Mexican restaurant and order the Baja burrito with no beans and extra rice and pay $5.50 for it, do they tell you how much it is costing them to make that burrito? Are they telling you how much, if any ( business sell things for a loss or dead even sometimes), of the money are they keeping?

I put this practice of "grey market" "profiteering" in the same exact folder I file football ticket scalpers. Unethical? Fairly. Pretty sleazy? Yes. Where there's a market, people will always try to get a buck from their fellow man.

OTOH, it does make me much more appreciative of the venue of [H], and honest folks here who make this place a great one. :)

There's nothing dishonest about making profit for the time and effort one puts in. Sure, volunteers such as yourself may be able to claim the moral high ground, but no one is being dishonest if they charge for a service they provide.

There's nothing unethical or sleazy about it. Not many people work for free. I wouldn't dare to ask someone I don't know, or only marginally know on the Internet, to do something that adds value to my life without to compensate them for it. That's unethical and sleazy in my eyes, leeching of someone's good will.

When you go to a Mexican restaurant and order the Baja burrito with no beans and extra rice and pay $5.50 for it, do they tell you how much it is costing them to make that burrito? Are they telling you how much, if any ( business sell things for a loss or dead even sometimes), of the money are they keeping?

No, but when I buy a car from the dealership and opt out the alloy wheels and the XM Satellite radio the price gets reduced accordingly. ;)

Can we not get derailed into a rant about LTI here? :)

Lorien,

So I've been thinking.. all this "operation pitchfork" stuff that everyone is planning... holy pirate wet dream... seems like an opportunity to know exactly where people will be going..

Lorien,

So I've been thinking.. all this "operation pitchfork" stuff that everyone is planning... holy pirate wet dream... seems like an opportunity to know exactly where people will be going..

You mean hunting of course!

Lorien,

I'm actually looking at it from the angle of which places will have reduced security by virtue of people not being there. ;)

I have this crazy idea of taking a massive pirate fleet to the UEE training planet and leveling the place. Think big or go home.

I'm actually looking at it from the angle of which places will have reduced security by virtue of people not being there. ;)

I have this crazy idea of taking a massive pirate fleet to the UEE training planet and leveling the place. Think big or go home.

Or a raid on terra....

I saw a movie like that once. It was called the Last Starfighter. Word of warning, it didn't end well for the bad guys :)

Leveling a military training facility located in the heart of the UEE would send a bigger message than attacking a planet full of civvies

Back