Staples $100 off any* tablet - valid through 7/30/2011

Now, if your store doesn't STOCK a particular tablet (ie: The Asus Transformer is online only), order it online at the in-store kiosk (which has an option to pay at the register), have it shipped to the store, then have them adjust the price using the coupon at the register. Remember, this coupon ISN'T valid online, in store only.
Has anyone tried this btw?

Walmart here won't honor it, they only honor coupons with a price, not discount Dollar amount. In other words. Tablet for $xxx.xx would be honored. $XXX.XX off isn't honored

Had I not gotten that Shell Shocker WD 256gb SSD on Newegg I'd be all over this trying to get an Asus Transformer. My fiancee had been complaining her laptop is so slow, but hasn't said a word since. :D

Still tempted to get one so she can take to work with her instead of that big laptop!

I'm so trying this at Fry's. Since they like to shove the fact that they now match more competitors every time I enter .. bwahaha.

For anyone wondering, the answer was no. Despite Staples.com being in the SAME PARKING LOT (100ft door to door). Gotta love that "price-matching" policy of theirs - I don't think I've ever gotten them to effectively honor that. Their loss, I know OfficeDepot was thrilled to have the customer.

As for the usefulness of tablets - I replaced my Netbook with the ASUS Transformer (because of keyboard dock). I also have a fast (rooted+overclocked+tweaked) EVO4G. I don't see a comparison between phones and tablets. I use the tablet when I'm home/traveling. Phone when I'm out. It's changed a lot since the original argument (the original iPad, being a large iphone) - the tablet apps are finally becoming useful and the new features (USB ports, full HDMI, docking stations, keyboards, etc) have made the tablet very useful in life. Infact, I see using it in my business deals as a presentation device.

My local office depot said they would not honor it on the Asus Transformer

Edit: Frys will not honor it because Staples B&M doesn't carry it and its out of stock online. It needs to be in stock for them to honor it. Any other options?

Last edited:
Went to the Office Depot near me to pick one up.

I brought up the slip and the coupon. The clerk was shocked by the coupon, said it was an unbelievable deal, and then called the manager to see if they accepted it, which he confirmed. The clerk then called the back room and mentioned I had the coupon. She immediately told me they didn't have any in stock, but the manager would look around. Meanwhile, she told me another Office Depot nearby had two in stock. I'm -fairly- certain that Office Depot closed earlier this year.

Figuring they were going to try to blow me off, I start questioning their extended warranty policy. The manager came out, empty handed, but overheard the conversation I was having with the clerk. He approached, said he couldn't find any, but would have another look.

Low and behold, a minute later, he comes out with a 16 gig Transformer. The clerk tried to add in the extended warranty, and I told her I changed my mind on it. :p

The manager very begrudgingly let it go, but I could tell he was gritting his teeth. I'm guessing they're eating a loss or making next to nothing accepting the coupon.

So, I'm going to say its definitely a YMMV going to Office Depot.

? ?

My 2nd Gen Kingle 3G has an internet browser that I use. Its clunky b/c of the Kindle e-paper screen, but if you're willing to deal with that, its free, and honestly its pretty nice to read e-mail on e-paper.

cmon now i ahve the 3rd gen kindle and have used the browser, sure it works, but its what i would call an absolute last resort because i am fuck all out of any other option.
Even tho i have an asus TF i still go to my kindle to read books, nothing beats it for that.

Still 5-10 years off from a device that can offer the ease on the eyes reading of e-ink and the refresh and color of a tablet

I got the Acer and so far am satisfied with it.It even had the now illegal mini to full HDMI cable included. It has a full size USB port also. System update to GB 3.1 was ready to go once I got it charged and in operation.

Tark

I went to my local Staples to see if I could get the Asus Transformer and the guy there said they won't have them till Monday. He even told me to look for this $100 off coupon to use on it. Monday is just too far away...

Now, if your store doesn't STOCK a particular tablet (ie: The Asus Transformer is online only), order it online at the in-store kiosk (which has an option to pay at the register), have it shipped to the store, then have them adjust the price using the coupon at the register. Remember, this coupon ISN'T valid online, in store only.

My local Staples was completely sold out of all applicable tablets, but THEY suggested that I order on kiosk, have it shipped to the store, then pay at register with discount. No problems at Salem, NH.

I went with the Iconia for the mini HDMI and USB functionality.

I might take this to Best Buy and get the price matched there. Hrm...

I'm guessing the stores are taking losses on these, so it's understandable if they try to give you trouble.

However, advertising a liberal price matching policy then not honoring it is BS if you ask me. Just put a caveat in your policy that you can't price match if it drops below your cost, in which case you'll sell it at cost. I think most people would understand that.

Just called my local Office Depot and they would not match the price since staples was out of stock.

I even told them I would come there right this second if they would match.

I was hoping for a new toy for this weekend.

Why call? Just go, ask for the tablet you want, verify that the accept competitors coupons, let them ring it up, present the coupon, pay.

Did they verify stock? The coupon isn't $100 off a transformer -- its $100 off any tablet. I can understand this statement if it was a coupon for $100 off a transformer -- but it's not. People are using them for iPads, Dells, HPs... everything....

You're thinking too hard. they are all OOS by now.
Galaxy tab 10.1 still in stock @staples around here. Just picked one up with this great deal. They didn't even have them on display yet - surprising they are willing to give such a good discount on product they haven't even had a chance to sell at MSRP yet.

Called a second OD earlier and spoke to a manager. She said that an email has been going through management most of the day about this deal. They are being told to only honor it if the customer is on site and what they want is in stock in their store at that time.

Long story short, i drove down there with the coupon and the managers name i spoke to about this. After the clerk confirmed with that specific manager I walked out with the 32gig Asus.

I went to my local Staples to see if I could get the Asus Transformer and the guy there said they won't have them till Monday. He even told me to look for this $100 off coupon to use on it. Monday is just too far away...

What state are you from? Hoping Staples here will get some stock next week before the coupon expires.

What state are you from? Hoping Staples here will get some stock next week before the coupon expires.

NY. I don't know how some people are ordering the Transformer from the Kiosk when they appear to be out of stock. The guy I was talking to said they can order it and have it shipped the next day but when he went online everything was OOS.

NY. I don't know how some people are ordering the Transformer from the Kiosk when they appear to be out of stock. The guy I was talking to said they can order it and have it shipped the next day but when he went online everything was OOS.

That's great! I'm from NY. Hoping they will get them. Thanks!

I let my new transformer charge overnight as instructed and started it up this morning. I will have to say that i dont regret the purchase one bit. Having used other touchscreen devices i rate the feel of this one highly. Just need to order the docking station.

For the transformer, it depends on where you are. I checked in our inventory system a few days ago, and our warehouse that supplies much of the Northeast US had none in inventory. So it will probably be a week or two before they become available again.

I would hit Office Depot at this point since Staples got hit hard on the transformers. Most stores around me had both the 16gb and 32gb in stock.

For the transformer, it depends on where you are. I checked in our inventory system a few days ago, and our warehouse that supplies much of the Northeast US had none in inventory. So it will probably be a week or two before they become available again.

How'd you check the warehouses? Scroll to the bottom in as400?

Just put the warehouse in as the store. In the WTD column, it shows how many have been shipped out to stores in the last week instead of sales WTD. I'm not sure what store number the warehouse is, my ops manager put it in. I did the same thing for that HP laptop with the i7 that we haven't had in stock since we got out display. :rolleyes:

Just put the warehouse in as the store. In the WTD column, it shows how many have been shipped out to stores in the last week instead of sales WTD. I'm not sure what store number the warehouse is, my ops manager put it in. I did the same thing for that HP laptop with the i7 that we haven't had in stock since we got out display. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen that i7 laptop in like three weeks.The company needs to quit with these coupons.

Last edited:
Office depot sold me a transformer last night for $299. That's gotta be the best tablet deal going right now!

Right in time for me to heat out of town for a couple days on business then on a vacation after that, so this timing was perfect.

I just got Bestbuy to pricematch my previous Samsung galaxy Tab down a $100! With this deal I just may go and splurge on the 16gb Transformer as well! Not too sure though...

I haven't seen that i7 laptop in like three weeks.The company needs to quit with these coupons.

Yeah and one of the other easytech associates put a raincheck on it for some lady too. Now she keeps coming in every week to see if it's there and she's getting progressively more pissed every time.

So we tried to get a TF at Staples kiosk Saturday and the manager would not ok the coupon for the deal because according to him, the coupon's only valid for in-stock items. Next we went to BB and tried there but the manager there would not honor the coupon either and they had them in stock.
Then we went to HH Gregg...these places are within a half mile of each other thank God!.
They did not initially want to honor the coupon but their price on the keyboard was a bit lower than others so we decided to buy that but wait on the TF itself. As we awaited product being brought frontside from stockroom, the manager said he had a return TF he could let go for a lower price. I thought he said $325 but I could be wrong.
We played with it for 15 minutes to make sure it was totally functional...story was original buyer wanted a different tablet. It worked so we decided to buy both the tab and the keyboard. The cashier stand had one customer with issues in front of us so we had to wait a good while to check out. While we waited, another guy came in trying to use the Staples coupon...the manager called higher up to get opinion on usage or not...no idea what was said to him but when we got up to the cashier and got rung out, the bill fer both cam to a tad over $400...we were wanting to get out so we really did not look at the receipt as we were running late for a meeting. Next day, I looked at the receipt and we were charged $235 for the TF101-A1. Saweet!
Really not sure just what happened but we're happy campers with the shopping Saturday night

So we tried to get a TF at Staples kiosk Saturday and the manager would not ok the coupon for the deal because according to him, the coupon's only valid for in-stock items. Next we went to BB and tried there but the manager there would not honor the coupon either and they had them in stock.
Then we went to HH Gregg...these places are within a half mile of each other thank God!.
They did not initially want to honor the coupon but their price on the keyboard was a bit lower than others so we decided to buy that but wait on the TF itself. As we awaited product being brought frontside from stockroom, the manager said he had a return TF he could let go for a lower price. I thought he said $325 but I could be wrong.
We played with it for 15 minutes to make sure it was totally functional...story was original buyer wanted a different tablet. It worked so we decided to buy both the tab and the keyboard. The cashier stand had one customer with issues in front of us so we had to wait a good while to check out. While we waited, another guy came in trying to use the Staples coupon...the manager called higher up to get opinion on usage or not...no idea what was said to him but when we got up to the cashier and got rung out, the bill fer both cam to a tad over $400...we were wanting to get out so we really did not look at the receipt as we were running late for a meeting. Next day, I looked at the receipt and we were charged $235 for the TF101-A1. Saweet!
Really not sure just what happened but we're happy campers with the shopping Saturday night

Now that is a deal. Congrats.

Anyone get Best Buy to match the coupon? I glance through the thread and haven't seen anyone with success at Best Buy.

Some people have had luck with Best Buy, but most will not accept the coupon.

I got a Transformer the day before yesterday using this coupon, price matched at Office Depot... At first the employee told me their price matching policy didn't include coupons but I told him I had read otherwise on their own site, he went into the back to check something or get approval and then told me they'd accept it. He was pretty nice about it actually, the kicker is that we don't even have any Staples stores here in Puerto Rico!

Tbh I haven't even had time to play with it, hopefully tonight, I did get a Patriot Class 4 16GB microSD card for it for $27 at CompUSA... I'm sure it's $5 cheaper online but w/e. I might go back to Office Depot this afternoon and get the keyboard dock before I've even opened the tablet... I have a feeling if I do that my netbook is quickly gonna start collecting dust.

P.S. They didn't try to give me the hard sale on the extended warranty. I think it helped that I asked if they were in stock and looked very eager to buy it before I brought up the coupon, even had that piece of paper on hand that they often place around the display for larger/more expensive items, the one you take to the register.

I just decided today that a tablet is what I need (vs a netbook). Now I just need to decide if the the A500 or Transformer is better for me. Then try to find a store in Charleston that accepts the coupon and has the tablet in stock...

I'm still loving my transformer and am glad i went for the 32gig. Good luck to those trying to take advantage of this deal.

Back