stalker is look...dated...anyone agree?

Yeah it doesn't look as nice on 8800's which is probably why he thinks it looks dated. There's a driver/game issue that needs fixing.

nVIDIA has really made me regret buying these 8800's. Not that I'd be willing to part with them. Also giving my money over to AMD/ATi also doesn't really peek my interest especially considering they've got nothing to compete with that compares to nVIDIA 8800 GTX.

:( *sigh*

What to do..

Sorry, dont mean to hijack this thread but since theres someone with C2D@4.45Ghz and Sli GTX...
2Evil: Have you tried running 3D06 with your current settings? Just curious since I saw a post where Q6600@~4.87Ghz got 24.400marks, so was wandering how quad differs to C2Ds at those speeds.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1174825
 
Sorry:) , didnt read your post thoroughly. Was just paying attention to treads title and ppl complaining about gfx .


Well there is nothing to confuse about the graphics, they are damn nice as you stated. One of the best looking games overall in my opinion.
 
I bought it,but have not installed it yet,but of the screenies I have seen it looks fine to me,graphics are not everything.
 
The graphics in this game seem to get much, much better the farther you get. The effects get nicer and the entire game seems to look much smoother. Once you get into the more urban and interior parts of the game you'll be amazed at how realistic the lighting and shadows are (if you have dynamic lighting turned on :p ). I think all these people complaining about the graphics haven't played through enough of it to be able to judge it. I'll agree with you guys that the first few levels the graphics were horrid, but after that they've been great.
 
The graphics in this game seem to get much, much better the farther you get. The effects get nicer and the entire game seems to look much smoother. Once you get into the more urban and interior parts of the game you'll be amazed at how realistic the lighting and shadows are (if you have dynamic lighting turned on :p ). I think all these people complaining about the graphics haven't played through enough of it to be able to judge it. I'll agree with you guys that the first few levels the graphics were horrid, but after that they've been great.

I agree completely. First I when started playing this game the graphics didnt seem much to me, but later as i got into it - it just became better n better... + the gameplay(which I think is most important).
 
Completely disagree with OP

Would you stop comparing the visuals with FEAR and HL2.

For starters HL2 and FEAR are primarily indoors engines/games, yeah FEAR looks fantastic indoor where you're only rendering the room and everything in it, great!

When you're playing a sandbox game like STALKER where the environments are massive and span both large indoor areas and outdoor areas you have to scale the graphics back a bit, you can't have your cake and eat it too as they say.

STALKER is often compared to oblivion as well, again oblivion is primarily outdoors, all the indoor areas, no matter how tiny, are all seperately loaded areas, STALKER in some parts contain whole towns villages and army bases with surrounding hills and all that goes with it, all in the same area.

It's a balance, as the physical scale goes up you have to cut back on graphics, people don't usualy moan about the graphics in games like GTA where the scale is massive but the graphics fidelity is quite low, because we all understand that we're in vast world with little to no loading and we just can't have the scale and the graphics quality both high.

IMO STALKER looks very good, It's doesn't have amazing indoor areas like FEAR or amazing outdoor areas like Oblivion, but it has a decent blend of both, giving us good graphics all round which sets the mood and the atmosphere very well.

Could you imagine going to the trainyard (the one in between the garbage piles) and defiending from the bandit attacks if you had to load the area inside the large train station building, that would be utterly crap. That area remains quite detailed, theres tonnes of polys on the colapsed train station building and it gets flooded with mauybe 15-20 guys and has 5-6 guys defending, and I maintain a decent frame rate even with graphics all practically on high.
 
The gameplay is absolutely some of the most immersible, believable interaction I have played in a while. Great game, very open ended and well thought out. Weapons in the game are great as well. The A.I IS just good, not great.

The visuals are pretty well although was disappointed I couldn't have HDR effects on during gameplay, with a X1950PRO, still the detail shows greatly in many areas/textures/environments throughout the entire game.
 
Another thing that is great about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is that the world is alive. Creatures and other people continue to do their thing when you are not around. It's not just a bunch of scripted events.
 
my glasses are fine thank you...im sorry but even with the texture detail at max the textures look like something off an xbox game...they are simply bad. The lighting may be awesome but the character and weapons graphics suck.

this is true.

but part from this and the fact that the game is very buggy, its actually quite enjoyable after a few hours of playing.
 
Back
Top