• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stablebit scanner or HD Sentinel?

never heard of it.
does not appear so. but googling could have told you that too, you should learn how to use it.
 
I do use both. I use hdd sentinel to monitor hdds/ssds. Also use it to burn in hdds cause i dont want to learn bad blocks. Scanner i use on windows arrays to scan weekly/monthly. I dont mind paying for both. Obviously both are windows based
 
I got StableBit Scanner as I was looking to get StableBit Drivepool. I use Drivepool on my HTPC, pooling eight 4TB drives into 1 drive letter. Allows me to also replicate certain folders across drive. Not quite RAID replacement or replacement for a good backup, but useful for Kodi/Plex library management etc.

I have lost 2 TB drives before, and StableBit Scanner started showing lost sectors. Didnt help as I lost 4 in a few days, not enough time to save some media. No big loss, some work. It was probably a bad PSU.

Never used HD Sentinel. Will look into it.
 
Back
Top