SSD lost OS.

SputNick7

Limp Gawd
I was playing battlefield bad company 2 early this moring when it BSOD. I was like maybe my overclock was too high. So it reset and booted into windows. then I reset too change the overlock down more. Then went to boot and the Corsair F-60 lost everthing. A screen came up and told me to repair install tryed that and the whole hard driver was empty and grayed out. I would like to know if that means my ssd is buggy or does that normaly happen.

quick run off system
AMD 955BE 3.8
gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h
4gigs patriot Viper 7,7,7,20 LL
zotac 480gtx AMP!
odd power supply 700watt
2 WD blacks 640,500 the 500 bad sectors alot trying to get that rma
corsair F-60 SSD

It's not something that is supposed to happen normally, I can assure you of that :)

I would like to know if that means my ssd is buggy or does that normaly happen.

A bad overclock is a bad overclock.

You drive type, SS or mech., has nothing to do with it and the results would have be the same.

Sounds like your ssd kick the bucket. I had an Intel ssd go in a similar way. BSOD then reboot and no drive detected on the sata controller. Tried on other computers but the ssd was gone...

I had a ssd come DOA and then one had ur same prob 2 days later, im just gonna stick to 10k rpm RAIDS, ive lost all confidence in SSD , sandforce/OCZ

not to hijack, but might be related.

About every other day (IF) I leave my laptop on, I get an Operating System not found black screen. 1 reboot and choose Start Windows Normally, and I am usually fine. Is this normal?

OS is a 240GB that I use to boot Win7

Alright so I have reformated my ssd. and running full stock for the time being to see what the problem is. Seems to be running fine. took all moring to get my computer back up. I had some wire problems. I wanted my sata cables to look a clean way. got battlefield back on the drive and just picked up Medal of Honor. will keep playing see if it does it again.

not to hijack, but might be related.

About every other day (IF) I leave my laptop on, I get an Operating System not found black screen. 1 reboot and choose Start Windows Normally, and I am usually fine. Is this normal?

OS is a 240GB that I use to boot Win7

Mine did that at the start. What changed it for me was power setting never turn of hard driver. but when my computer went to sleep then woke up from sleep and gamed abit would crash. I found just getting it to turn off and not sleep was better for me

Like SputNick7 said, change the advanced power setting for the HD to never turn off.

Many SSDs have a problem with sleep/suspend/hibernate modes.

I had a ssd come DOA and then one had ur same prob 2 days later, im just gonna stick to 10k rpm RAIDS, ive lost all confidence in SSD , sandforce/OCZ

I had bad luck with an OCZ Vertex. That and threads like this made me lose all confidence in these SSDs as well.

On a side note with proper stress testing you should know if your overclock is stable or not.

Back