- Joined
- Oct 11, 2003
- Messages
- 8,459
is there locational damage in this game? what about crits and the like?
bump for answer to this question
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
is there locational damage in this game? what about crits and the like?
It depends on if they are unaware of your presence or recovering from an action, it always seemed.
IIRC, low level telekinesis is a default psy ability, so the amp is nice for pulling down goodies that they hide up in the rafters and such.
IIRC, low level telekinesis is a default psy ability, so the amp is nice for pulling down goodies that they hide up in the rafters and such.
Hacksweeper in rolled based on your hacking skill, yes.
Going with a hybrid build is fine, but putting 1 point in everything is something you will kick yourself for later on. I'd focus on just a few abilities as most things can be accomplished several different ways. You never need all of the skills. Being a tech/soldier, or tech/psi or psi/soldier all work fine. As does just focusing on a single "class". You'll miss out on a few things no matter how you build your character, but that's kinda the point.
You're in Hydroponics? IMO that's where the game really starts showing its mettle. Plus... midwives. Bloodthirsty fully mobile beta versions of GLaDOS
You may have seen one in the shortcut tube in Engineering after you've powered up the engine core. Though, you would remember it, especially if you had the sound turned up.
I've played the game about 3 times through and those midwives still give me a moment of panic. In my current playthrough I'm just finishing up Hydroponics now. I need to backtrack to the chemicals storage room and finish up some research, but it's going well.
Lab assistant is an implant. You'll probably find it in Hydroponics somewhere.
I don't think so. I always just use the inventory screen.
Alright! So!! This game is officially badass. I can't believe how big the ship is. At first i figured it'd be a relatively linear game, but its actually pretty free-roaming as you are exploring this ship with nonsense going down.
For the record, any of the youtube videos showing off the modded game's graphics doesn't really give you a real idea of how good it looks. I've been thoroughly impressed with the atmosphere and lighting... the soundtrack and sound effects all fit in perfectly as well. Quite immersive, and it actually scared me last night lol
I didn't realize there were respawns, and they caught me off guard as i was hacking a chest.
So--if you haven't tried this shit, try it.
Now a couple of questions--how does hacking work exactly? Is there a trick to which nodes you click? Or is it just a random roll each time you try to access a node?
Is loot dispersed randomly for each new playthrough?
How important is it to have say, one of every skill? Like, i can't research, repair guns, mod guns. Will i want to spend at least one point in each of theses?
It looks really clean with all the vurt mods, shtup, four hundred, rebirth and all the tacticool weapon packs. The bloom is done just right, too.