SR-2 STACKER

It's cooling the water which is cooling the parts in the computer. The box on top is just an external enclosure for the radiators. I shouldn't say just because it's bad ass.

not that it matters in the least, but I am curious as to what the finished beast weighs in at

That's hot schiznit right there! Nice work man! Great attention to detail. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Awesome work so far, but i have a quick question: Are both 480's in the box pulling air inward relative to the radiator box then out up the top, or is air being pulled in one side through one rad then through the other rad out the other side? Basically, where is all the hot air going?

I see that power switch hole on the top and I keep thinking fill port...

Great work so far.

Simply WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see more!!

Awesome work. Now for a question

I've googled and can't seem to find any US suppliers for those fans and i would love to replace the blue LED fans in my Antec 1200 with them. Anyone have any ideas?

Excellent work!! When you have a spare minute or three, build me a case. ;)

I wonder when case modding will stop being 'how much money can I throw into a single system?'

sigh.

This is looking simply outstanding so far and Hybrid...I'm sorry if you think it matters how much money you throw at a mod, some of the most classy and groundbreaking stuff I've seen has come out of builds that were much more budget oriented.

I give coolmiester credit for the original take on an external rad enclosure but again...it's just as possible to "wow" the public without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars, it just so happens that the SR-2 and a dual 120.4 watercooling system isn't cheap. :D

More to come and my apologies for the delay here guys :(

bitspower_carbon_1.jpg

Got the extended motherboard tray all made up and added the rails for it to slide in and out but took photos with wrong WB and they came out crap so i'll have to take more pictures once it stops raining.

Also the front bezel SR-2 logo which i did have the correct setting on the camera and added some scrap red plexi behind but the plan is to fill up the logo with red Crystal Resin so its flush and light it from behind.

logo_1.jpg

logo_2.jpg

Decided to make a replica motherboard tray out of yellow plexi so i could align all the stand-offs to the motherboard rather than straight into the metal tray itself so if any adjustments needed making i could do it in the plexi rather than the tray itself.

Dropped in a couple of old graphics cards to make sure it was all in the right place and all the measuring and double checking paid off as all 11 stand-offs were in the correct position in the plexi so it was a simple case of just using the plexi as a template laid on the actual motherboard tray to drill the holes for real and jobs a gud'n apart from a bit of patchwork needed around the back panel.

Also couldn't resist a couple of block shots with the Bitspower fittings :cool:

tray_1.jpg

tray_2.jpg

tray_3.jpg

tray_4.jpg

tray_5.jpg

tray_6.jpg

tray_7.jpg

It fits \o/

The new motherboard tray is 365 x 395mm as appose to the original at 335 x 350mm so for the tray to still remains functional and still removable i had to adjust the rails in the case slightly.

Was a pretty easy fix by simply adjusting the height of the top rail with a bit of cutting and a new little bracket riveted in which all looks a little rough at present but should be fine once its all stripped down and powder coated but all in all i’m happy with the fit.

tray_8.jpg

tray_9.jpg

tray_10.jpg

tray_11.jpg

tray_12.jpg

tray_14.jpg

tray_15.jpg

tray_16.jpg

Thanks for the kind feedback :)

I got to give a BIG shout out to Crucial UK who came good with a couple of 6GB kits of RAM. It wasn't my first choice kit but given the current economy, i'm more than grateful for them getting involved in the first place so thanks Crucial.

Still not sure on SSD's yet but still a little while to go before i'll be needing those.

Anyway, got all 12GB added to the MIP's RAM Freezers and hopefully should get a bit of proper case mods done over the holidays but i've been a little worried to chop up the chassis any further until i decide on reservoirs.

crucial_1.jpg

crucial_2.jpg

crucial_3.jpg

crucial_4.jpg

Bitspower Carbon Black fittings :cool:

crucial_5.jpg

crucial_6.jpg

watercoolng the RAM? really? No offense OP, but I'm off to look at some builds mere mortals can afford, lol.

watercoolng the RAM? really? No offense OP, but I'm off to look at some builds mere mortals can afford, lol.

It doesn't really cost you much as long as you already have the base water-cooling system

Thanks for all the feedback guys :cool:

Well, time to make a whole new top cover for the rad box as i won’t be needing the power/reset button and just wanted something that looked a bit different as i’ve never really been to keen on the look of the standard 840 fan grills.

Got one large piece of 7mm alu which will cover the entire top – all i got to do is round off the front to mimic the original, then cut the vent in and finally chamfer the edges.

Lets see if my little B&D jigsaw can cope with 7mm alu

top_bezel_1.jpg

top_bezel_2.jpg

top_bezel_3.jpg

top_bezel_4.jpg

top_bezel_5.jpg

top_bezel_6.jpg

top_bezel_7.jpg

top_bezel_8.jpg

Still got to draw file all edges and put the 45 degree angle on there but time and cold beat me today :(

Well after humming and harring about which pump/reservoirs i was going to use, the final decision came down to what would actually fit.

Due to the placement of the bottom two 240 radiators i'm going to lose at least one drive bay, probably two and given i'm going to be running three loops it came down to a couple of RP-450X2's.

I got to say my initial impression of these is nice but those logo's just had to go so set about making them fit in with the rest of the mod.

I had to ditch the original bezels and black M3 hex bolts and replace them with slightly shorter countersink ones so once the plexi had been countersunk, the heads would be flush to allow my new hand cut bezels to mount directly to the plexi.

The last couple of mock-up shots show how they fit in with a wide screen TFT just below - obviously they will be powder coated and painted in the not to distant future

front_bezel_1.jpg

front_bezel_2.jpg

front_bezel_3.jpg

front_bezel_4.jpg

front_bezel_5.jpg

front_bezel_6.jpg

front_bezel_7.jpg

front_bezel_8.jpg

front_bezel_9.jpg

front_bezel_10.jpg

front_bezel_11.jpg

Got the side panels cut down to size for the rad box and then went about fitting four flush mount vents using the mesh out of Bitspower rad grills and used the actual grill as the template to hand cut the four openings pretty much as i did a while back on a Corsair 800D mod which gives that kinnda simple but effective kind of look and should look good with the red LED fans behind.

Just got to do the other side now and then two in each side of the main case but i think i'll concentrate on getting the rad box finished before moving onto the main chassis :)

top_bezel_9.jpg

top_bezel_10.jpg

top_bezel_11.jpg

top_bezel_12.jpg

top_bezel_14.jpg

top_bezel_15.jpg

top_bezel_16.jpg

top_bezel_17.jpg

Looks amazing, amazing metalworking skills. cant wait to see the finished product

Looks fantastic! Just curious, where did you get that TFT screen from? I'm looking for one about that size for a project...

@ Jesse B - i've been importing them from Taiwan for a year or so now.

I’ve previously used 5.6" (4:3) touch screens like the ones below which fit into a three 5.25 bezel in a few mods now and thought i’d give the smaller 4.3" (16:9) wide screen which fit into two 5.25 bays a go.

1.jpg

Back