SR-2 STACKER

Very nice. I love customs rigs that incorporate features that serve a purpose; all go with a little show.

I love it. This thing is so beastly, upon first boot someone musta been screaming at the top of their lungs-

"it's alive, it's alive, it's alive!"

I'm just not sure if the Coolermaster 1200 PSU will be able to handle all four cards and as the chassis needs to be starting it journey to CeBit this weekend i simply won't have time to test so not sure what to do for the best.

I think the best thing to do is install them all and sort it out when it gets back home as it won’t be running anything on the booth, just sitting there looking pretty.

Also, any overclocking in this rig w/ that PSU would be suicide under load. Even w/o overclocking, Furmark or other highly stressful loads could be deadly. Dig Anandtech's gtx 480 SLI power consumption. Anand used an i7 920 oc'd to 3.33GHz which somewhat offsets this rig's dual CPUs. System power consumption with a mere two gtx 480s was 668 watts when running Crysis, and a staggering 851 under Furmark. That's an extra ~245w per gpu when playing Crysis, but a massive ~370w per gpu when running Furmark. Then add this build's extra 2 gpus, fans, bay devices, pumps etc. Luckily, if it's a problem, this could easily be fixed by slipping in a 2nd PSU in front of the Cooler Master 1200w.

Idle should be fine so have fun at CeBit! :cool:

Last edited:
Really nice job, I'm red with envy. :p

I am very curious to see what the power draw would be with that system running full bore.

Maybe it's time for a few companies to start putting out 2000w units, I'm sure there are a few high capacity PSUs out there for other uses that could be modified to work for computers?
(After a quick google search I found a few models around the 2000w range from 07-08 but I'm sure they wouldn't be worth rewiring your computer room for :p)

Just busy loading W7 and all looking good so far :)

Still got a bit of cable managment to do and get the vents and window installed into the side panels then make sure its nice and clean but i've got the weekend to do that.

Quick picture of work in progress.

first_boot.jpg

I managed to get some final pictures before it went into the box so this is the last you'll see of it, i promise.......even i'm getting bored hahahaha

Again, thanks for all the views and comments :)

sr-2_atcs_840_1.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_2.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_3.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_4.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_5.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_6.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_7.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_8.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_9.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_10.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_11.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_12.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_14.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_15.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_16.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_17.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_18.jpg

sr-2_atcs_840_19.jpg

I managed to get some final pictures before it went into the box so this is the last you'll see of it, i promise.......even i'm getting bored hahahaha

Again, thanks for all the views and comments :)

<snip>

Awesome, maybe some benchmarks before you let the thread die ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah yeah, but will it play crysis 2?

i kid i kid. it's quite beautiful and such things make me want to kiss my wife. she don't understand but beauty is beauty right?

That looks amazing. I'm blown away at how clean and powerful that thing is. Speechless...

I sat here for 5 minutes just staring at your first picture with my mouth open.

Every couple of years a rig comes about that redefines what it means to go above and beyond all else. This is one of those rigs. it's beautiful.

Wow.

When you get tired of looking at it, feel free to let me borrow it for a year or two... :D

Awesome work.

Great work! I especially like the routing of the tubes from the rad house to the main case. Usually, when you see someone liquid cool every component in the system, the result is an overwhelming mass of tubing. This is a definite exception. There's a ton of tubing but it looks clean and pro! :D Two thumbs up, sir.

Definitely one of my fav builds I have seen so far. Very elegant and professional looking.

Great work! I especially like the routing of the tubes from the rad house to the main case. Usually, when you see someone liquid cool every component in the system, the result is an overwhelming mass of tubing. This is a definite exception. There's a ton of tubing but it looks clean and pro! :D Two thumbs up, sir.

Exactly!! Even though there's a lot going on, it looks super clean and there's only one way to achieve that; patience and planning.Great job!!!

WOW, unbelievable feedback, thanks to everyone who took the time to post as it really makes the effort worth while :cool:

I got my hands on three Lamptron FC6 Fan Controllers with a red LED display which should look much more in keeping to the rest of the mod rather than the blue/green.

I was hoping that they would drop straight in to the original bezel i made but not a chance so i’ll have to cut a new bezel and have it powder coated to match...............as if i haven't got enough to do!

Still on the lookout for GTX 580 or 590's

lamptron_1.jpg

lamptron_2.jpg

Back