Splinter Cell Remake

All the Splinter Cell games were good. I have two installed that I never got around to starting really. Conviction and Blacklist

Last edited:
All the Splinter Cell hames were good. I have two installed that I never got around to starting really. Conviction and Blacklist

The first three were brilliant, everything which followed was hot garbage....especially Double Agent.

This is really cool news. I just hope they don't screw it up. I really enjoyed the first 3 or so games, but the next three got progressively worse, IMO.

A remake of the original would be great. I never played that, so a remake with slight enhancements to make it more streamlined would be good. Chaos Theory would only need minor tweaks for gameplay, so if it plays like that great. Shows though that outside of a remake they have zero desire to make a new version of Splinter Cell or even a similar game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Looking forward to this. Never played and would like to. Only issue is Ubisoft, as op said hopefully they don't screw it up.

Looking forward to this. Never played and would like to. Only issue is Ubisoft, as op said hopefully they don't screw it up.
https://www.gog.com/game/splinter_cell
1639687723497.png

like this
Can respect that, but the original trilogy does still play great in my opinion.
lots of technical issues including totally missing lighting effects in the first two (some of which are gameplay critical.) chaos theory is mostly ok though. i don't recommend playing the pc ports at all. if you have access to an xbox one (or newer) then the OG xbox versions are by far the best way to go. you even get 4k on one x/series consoles.

also a lot of people don't know this, but the OG xbox version of double agent was a totally different game from the 360 version/pc port and usually considered to be much better because it's basically running on chaos theory's engine. the only way to play that is on an xbox console.

like this
lots of technical issues including totally missing lighting effects in the first two (some of which are gameplay critical.) chaos theory is mostly ok though. i don't recommend playing the pc ports at all. if you have access to an xbox one (or newer) then the OG xbox versions are by far the best way to go. you even get 4k on one x/series consoles.

also a lot of people don't know this, but the OG xbox version of double agent was a totally different game from the 360 version/pc port and usually considered to be much better because it's basically running on chaos theory's engine. the only way to play that is on an xbox console.
You can run the first two games using Glide to fix the lighting issues. There are patches that give Hor+ widescreen and 4K resolution, in addition to patches to add the higher res textures and cutscenes from the console versions.

You can run the first two games using Glide to fix the lighting issues. There are patches that give Hor+ widescreen and 4K resolution, in addition to patches to add the higher res textures and cutscenes from the console versions.
you can get them 90% there, but it's still so much nicer playing the Xbox versions. obviously i get that not everyone has an Xbox though.

Back