Spellbreak

zrikz

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone heard of / checked out this game yet?

We’re building a new battle royale RPG featuring epic magic combat. Weave spectacular spell combinations and craft strategic builds in your quest for survival!

https://playspellbreak.com/

I
signed up for pre-alpha late last week when I initially heard about it and got an invite last night. Only had the time to play one match, but pretty neat take on battle royale.

That looks really nice cel shaded gfx but it's not a Nintendo Switch game.
I wish this was a MMO instead of a battle royale game.

Last edited:
It's alright. But I feel that it's going to have teens primarily making up its Playerbase due to its art style.

Yeah its interesting. Have only played around 4 matches. Cool concept, but I think my patience with battle Royale games is growing thin.

Spellbreak   11_7_2020 11_24_11 AM.jpg
Spellbreak   11_7_2020 11_22_11 AM.png

Fun game didn't think I would like it but it beats other BR games I played in the past.
FTP on Epic launcher the storm cloud killed me the 1st time around wasn't sure how to escape it.

Game is live on Steam Dec. 15th
I think it's going to take off big time it's a decent game.

I was pretty excited for it at release but when they announced it as an EGS exclusive (after it was already launching on Steam) all hype died for it. Game might have had a chance had it actually launched on Steam.

Yeah, I expect the same thing to happen to Axiom Verge 2 on Epic Megagayes Store -yet another indie title everyone will. forget about, because there's not enough players to fuel word-of-mouth

Thanks again, Epic!

Yeah, I expect the same thing to happen to Axiom Verge 2 on Epic Megagayes Store -yet another indie title everyone will. forget about, because there's not enough players to fuel word-of-mouth

Thanks again, Epic!

Blaming Epic is LOL. There are hundreds of BR games that launched on Steam and died within a month. It probably would have died even faster on Steam. EGS gave it a bunch of front page advertisement and it actually had a decent player base and a chance to be a succesful game. Unfortunately the developers weren't able to take advantage of it and grow the game so it died like 99% of BR games do. Epic exclusivity wasn't holding this game back, the developers were. Just search around youtube and forums and you'll find a lot of people complaining about the choices the developers made.
There was another BR game that also launched exclusively on EGS. When it was new people were saying "man this game would be so much more popular if it was on Steam". That game is called Fortnite and it makes $5 billion a year.

I personally really liked this game but even I didn't play it that much. The problem is it's too hardcore for a modern audience. It was basically an Arena FPS with MOBA elements played in a BR environment. That's too hardcore for most people and you need a very large player base for a BR otherwise you'll never find games. The developers weren't able to find a way to appeal to a big enough audience. They tried to compensate by reducing the match size and adding bots but it just made it worse.

That is literally the only multiplayer game that has been successful on EGS.

its true man, I only created my EGS account to play this failure, then got bored with Fortynights in a couple weeks.

I abandoned my account after it became clear that they would buy their way to PC-exclusives unlike any other gaming store had before (because they still cant produce quality first-party, they had to buy it.)

Last edited:
its true man, I only created my EGS account to play this failure, then got bored with Fortynights in a couple weeks.

I abandoned my account after it became clear that they would buy their way to PC-exclusives unlike any other gaming store had before (because they still cant produce quality first-party, they had to buy it.)
The Epic Games Store didn't exist when Unreal Tournament 2014 came out.

The Epic Games Store didn't exist when Unreal Tournament 2014 came out.
so? i still had to creat an account to access their shitty content on whatever the fuxk the service was called before Tim Sweeny got another rebranding bug up his ass (and that automagically became an EGS account t.)

would you prefer I called them Epic-fucking-Megagames? I think you all can figure my story out just fine, if you stopped being a pedant

Epic-Games-Logo-History-536x700.jpg

Last edited:
Blaming Epic is LOL. There are hundreds of BR games that launched on Steam and died within a month. It probably would have died even faster on Steam. EGS gave it a bunch of front page advertisement and it actually had a decent player base and a chance to be a succesful game. Unfortunately the developers weren't able to take advantage of it and grow the game so it died like 99% of BR games do. Epic exclusivity wasn't holding this game back, the developers were. Just search around youtube and forums and you'll find a lot of people complaining about the choices the developers made.
There was another BR game that also launched exclusively on EGS. When it was new people were saying "man this game would be so much more popular if it was on Steam". That game is called Fortnite and it makes $5 billion a year.

I personally really liked this game but even I didn't play it that much. The problem is it's too hardcore for a modern audience. It was basically an Arena FPS with MOBA elements played in a BR environment. That's too hardcore for most people and you need a very large player base for a BR otherwise you'll never find games. The developers weren't able to find a way to appeal to a big enough audience. They tried to compensate by reducing the match size and adding bots but it just made it worse.

Nah shoving a lot of blame at Epic is fine. I screwed around with Unreal Engine stuff at the start when a new Unreal Tournament "might" start, that was a fail as well. Their store isn't very good, and at this point people don't like dealing with the sheer amount of stores there are. If it's on Steam I'll buy it, if it's only BattleNet I'll buy it, if I have to go farther than that it can get fucked.

I'd wanted to get into the new Samurai Shodown as did many people I know, but it was an epic exclusive and by the time it hit steam the community had dried up and nobody bought it. Axiom Verge 2, yeah I wanted that and loved the first one but it released on Epic and I forgot it about and now there are a backlog of games that style I have on steam. When it's sub 5 bucks I might get it. Mechwarrior 5, wanted that as well same story. Several of the Playstation items I wanted got Epic Store exclusive, so I got a PS5 and will not be playing them on the PC.

EPIC may be giving developers good deals but it's where good games go to die. Ultimately there are plenty of good games out and I own plenty I have not finished. So if it's on EPIC forget it, I'll play something else I already have and maybe 4 years from now when it's on sale for 2 bucks I might get it, odds are I wont' though.

Nah shoving a lot of blame at Epic is fine. I screwed around with Unreal Engine stuff at the start when a new Unreal Tournament "might" start, that was a fail as well. Their store isn't very good, and at this point people don't like dealing with the sheer amount of stores there are. If it's on Steam I'll buy it, if it's only BattleNet I'll buy it, if I have to go farther than that it can get fucked.

I'd wanted to get into the new Samurai Shodown as did many people I know, but it was an epic exclusive and by the time it hit steam the community had dried up and nobody bought it. Axiom Verge 2, yeah I wanted that and loved the first one but it released on Epic and I forgot it about and now there are a backlog of games that style I have on steam. When it's sub 5 bucks I might get it. Mechwarrior 5, wanted that as well same story. Several of the Playstation items I wanted got Epic Store exclusive, so I got a PS5 and will not be playing them on the PC.

EPIC may be giving developers good deals but it's where good games go to die. Ultimately there are plenty of good games out and I own plenty I have not finished. So if it's on EPIC forget it, I'll play something else I already have and maybe 4 years from now when it's on sale for 2 bucks I might get it, odds are I wont' though.
That's cool, but you need to realize you're a tiny minority of people that care about that. 99% of people don't care at all.

That's cool, but you need to realize you're a tiny minority of people that care about that. 99% of people don't care at all.
I don't think that's true, I think the number of people who can't be bothered with epic launcher is a lot more than you realize.

Back