Special I7 2600K sold for $900

centvalny

2[H]4U
A few 2600K being sold for $750 and $900. These chips were "binned" to find one that can overclock way higher than stock speed...

5700Mhz 2600Ks

screenshot071j.jpg

screenshot072wn.jpg

5800Mhz 2600K

screenshot073xl.jpg

screenshot074a.jpg

screenshot075x.jpg

Last edited:
It's the new rage on eBay. They are calling them i7-3800k's. They have 10-page-long ads about how freaking awesome they are and what they'll do.

I will give him $265... that is the going rate on a used 2600K and the most I would pay for a used 2600K

There is always that stupid guy on ebay who thinks it is a good deal. This deal is for that stupid guy.

That's what I thought. How long would a chip last at the voltage?

5 minutes ? 10 minutes ?

At least the second one can do 5.8ghz on 1.64v. Much better chip than the first.

5 minutes ? 10 minutes ?

At least the second one can do 5.8ghz on 1.64v. Much better chip than the first.
With high clockable cpu and subzero cooling we can enjoy movies, gaming and probably video encoding at 5.7Ghz,:)

screenshot077g.jpg

Last edited:
For those looking to set world records, the 5.8GHz chip is probably worth it. Think about the sponsors they get for being on top. I'm sure the benefits are worth more than the $500-$600 premium for a top-tier chip.

Keep in mind he's listing it at $900 just to keep within forum rules... so he'll probably take less.

One more thing. Those eBay "3800k" listings are usually only for 5.3GHz chips and often end up selling for mid $300's. These two are MUCH more valuable to the OCing crowd.

Mine does 4.8 at 1.350...so it should be worth about $500.00...:)

In benching (especially 2600k's) paying for a proven chip is usually much cheaper than binning your own ;)

The only thing "special" is the fool that pays THAT much for a 2600K

Seriously, a lot of i7 2600k will not go over 54multi or so. Having one that can go that far is already golden in some respects.*

*just something I gleaned from X-S*

*and no, not the xbox forum

So you need a 5.7ghz chip for competitive benching... you wind up ordering 10-50 from newegg (or similar) trying to find one. Resale you're looking at losing $30+ a chip.... do the math. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't. A teammate of mine has been through 30+ and still hasn't found a 5700 capable chip. I got two back to back... lucky I guess.

So you need a 5.7ghz chip for competitive benching... you wind up ordering 10-50 from newegg (or similar) trying to find one. Resale you're looking at losing $30+ a chip.... do the math. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't. A teammate of mine has been through 30+ and still hasn't found a 5700 capable chip. I got two back to back... lucky I guess.

Yup, it's simple economics... heck, people can buy a couple of computers for the price of my video cards, and they would perhaps think it's crazy to buy ones like I have ("only" a pair of GTX 570's). The higher-end you go, and more niche/specialized, the costlier: top-end competitive benching is a subset of the benching community, which is a subset of the overclocking community, which is a subset of gamers. ;) It makes sense to go for a proven chip in this kind of case, saving time and money.

OMF GAYNESS

You can go and buy this shit and then who will be the idiot.

Enjoy your rip off boys and girls. Hey My 2600K can do 5.3ghz all day long on water. Wanna pay me 600 instead of 900 and I will gladly sell it to you.

I would rather buy 2 more 6990's and then sell my computer as a SIX FIRE Rig. No one said it has to have all the cables connected between the 3 cards...Some idiot kid with a rich mommy will buy it.

OMF GAYNESS

You can go and buy this shit and then who will be the idiot.

Enjoy your rip off boys and girls. Hey My 2600K can do 5.3ghz all day long on water. Wanna pay me 600 instead of 900 and I will gladly sell it to you.

I would rather buy 2 more 6990's and then sell my computer as a SIX FIRE Rig. No one said it has to have all the cables connected between the 3 cards...Some idiot kid with a rich mommy will buy it.

It's the rarity of chips that can hit 5.8... an example is like a rare comic book that's only "average" or "above average" grade, vs. one that's near-mint. Sure, they're the same comic, but the near-mint one is worth a TON more. In this case it's not just a cosmetic difference or for a collection, but actual functional uses for benching (and in some cases, getting sponsorships). For those people it is not a "rip off" at all ;). Seems most people in here aren't getting the idea.

Guys,

Just so you know he is using some of my special snake oil on those chips as well.
This special oil is added to normal heat sink compound and reduces your temps, increases your frequency, and the sound you get through your monster cables is sooooo.... much clearer. Some people even claimed their e-pee members grew up to 4 inches :eek:

your results may vary.

If you need some hit me up, I only deal in cash, or wire transfer to my cousins neighbours roomate.

God Bless

(I think that pretty much sums up my opionins)

One word degredation. At 1.7v he's slowly killing the CPU. If anything that chip should be worth less than retail, not more. He's just shortened it's life and is slowly killing the CPU.

Actually thats not true... if it doesn't say XBOX 360 on the front of it kids of rich mommies aren't interested. :D

One word degredation. At 1.7v he's slowly killing the CPU. If anything that chip should be worth less than retail, not more. He's just shortened it's life and is slowly killing the CPU.

Not slowly ;) I got about a month of benching each out of both of my 5.7 capable chips. They die fast. The last one died under LN2 even.

Not slowly ;) I got about a month of benching each out of both of my 5.7 capable chips. They die fast. The last one died under LN2 even.

Well there ya have it... I don't see the thrill in just killing a good CPU. I'm more impressed with a stable overclock of 5.0Ghz @ 1.35v than something like this.

Well there ya have it... I don't see the thrill in just killing a good CPU. I'm more impressed with a stable overclock of 5.0Ghz @ 1.35v than something like this.

To each his own ;) This is why the OC community is so great... many different ways of doing things.

Now this would be really funny, if somebody paid $900 for this amazing processor.

I'm sure there will be some idiot, with more money than brains...

Now this would be really funny, if somebody paid $900 for this amazing processor.

I'm sure there will be some idiot, with more money than brains...

IF they earned the money themselves then they are probably too smart to waste it on this
Now if they have rich mommy or daddy then hey I can see it happening.

Its a hobby...same as peep who paid for expensive rare lenses in photography or totaly modified their '92 Mazda RX7's engine:)

Last edited:
Back