Sony PlayStation Meeting 2013 Live-Stream

To be honest, this isn't impressive at all. Those console player finally get to taste some of the PC level graphics that have been around for years.

The graphic from PS4 is still not up to date to what PC can bring from years ago.

At least we're finally raising that lowest bar. Look at it that way.

To be honest, this isn't impressive at all. Those console player finally get to taste some of the PC level graphics that have been around for years.

The graphic from PS4 is still not up to date to what PC can bring from years ago.

Too bad games that good (that are playable at a decent framerate everyone can afford) arent being developed for the PC and probably never will.

Also was shown was some Havok physics...so we should definitely get the physics from next gen without special API's like Physx, etc.
Havok and PhysX are both commercial physics APIs. If what you mean is that PC ports will support Havok instead of PhysX, I guess that's a good thing for those without nvidia GPUs... and all the limitations that come with CPU-based physics.

But you'll probably see both Havok and PhysX titles on the PS4. It's going to be up to the individual developers. Havok is quite expensive on consoles and some developers may choose a cheaper options like PhysX or others.

At least we're finally raising that lowest bar. Look at it that way.

That's how I'm looking at it. At least, in the end, we'll be getting DX11 games with more advanced physics.

I guess that's the best we could ask for as PC gamers from console developers, eh?

Sony's hardware decisions look very good for a change. This looks like the system to beat.

MS seems to be on a gimmick kick with Kinect 2 (dear MS: see Nintendo). We'll see what MS's answer to the PS4 is in a few months.

Oh my god, I love the kinect!! it's been the best piece of console gear that has come into my house. Everything else has lasted a week or two before getting boring.

I can't wait for the kinect 2!!

Nothing new so far about the PS4 that wasn't known in the last few weeks.

Too bad games that good (that are playable at a decent framerate everyone can afford) arent being developed for the PC and probably never will.

With off-the-shelf GCN and x86 cores, I reckon PC gamers are far better off this time around than they were at any point since PCs and consoles first clashed.

There's a lot of good news here to take away. Being x86 means that developers are going to have far fewer issues porting games over to the PC platform. Likewise, if the GPU architecture is similar to the current GPUs available (and it seems like it is) then the GPU performance and driver situation have also improved dramatically.

It's not like developers have to take games developed for Cell and make them x86 compatible. Just being on the same ISA and having AVX available is huge.

Ehhh...I was expecting more from Quantic Dream...how many polygons were in the face? Are you going to implement physic based hair that moves and flows? That was sad...one of the best dev's with the worse demo... :-/

But you have to admit, listening to these guys talking like it this has "never been possible before" is pretty funny. :D

This demo for the Move is something I'm calling into question...how can you move your character and play the piano at the same time.

Magic? Innovation? Bullshit?

This demo for the Move is something I'm calling into question...how can you move your character and play the piano at the same time.

You guessed it in 3.

"recorded in realtime" Yeah ok.

I'll take bullshit for 400.00 Alex (-________-)

Because you're not an artist, and the world doesn't revolve around you.

Wouldn't the correct question to that is why would I NOT want to make a clay sculpture with my PlayStation? And artist's can't afford the newest PlayStation anyways.

Well I fucked up a refershed the wrong page and got a different stream that dosnt work. Damn.

Was Capcoms demo nice? I missed it due to Ustream being a massive pile of shit.

Square Enix is showing the same shit we saw at E3 last year running on a PC LOL!

Odds on Watch Dogs being pushed back to be a launch title for at least this and possibly the new Xbox?

Odds on Watch Dogs being pushed back to be a launch title for at least this and possibly the new Xbox?

Doubt it...too much time and money in the current console versions and it will sell a lot more copies due to the number of current consoles.

Not to say there might not be a version of it for next gen, but it will come to current ones for sure.

99.999999999999999% (add 1*10^9999999999, 9's to that).

:D

Well the thing is SONY is allready touting Exclusives from CAPCOM and Square Enix, IM SOLD!!!

Seems like the developers are pretty happy with the hardware which is cool.

I know Gears of War 1 maxed out the 360's RAM when it came out. 8GB is a nice bit.

Back