BladeVenom
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Jun 29, 2005
- Messages
- 7,707
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216899/Sony_hit_again_with_two_hacks One was to steal virtual tokens, and the other was a server hacked for phishing.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
If they wouldn't of pulled Linux support, none of this would of happened. They pissed off crackers.LEAVE SONY ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALONE!!
If they wouldn't of pulled Linux support, none of this would of happened. They pissed off crackers.
I think it's fair. Sony doesn't have a problem with "take down a small company" and "kick them when they're down", even when they're legally in the wrong. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Sony should feel honored to have hackers behaving like them--ignoring the law to take down someone they don't like.I don't think that's it at all, I think it's a "take down the big company" and "kick them while they're down" combo.
I don't think that's it at all, I think it's a "take down the big company" and "kick them while they're down" combo.
OtherOS was removed a long time ago. Just now they're getting screwed up this bad?
LEAVE SONY ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALONE!!
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216899/Sony_hit_again_with_two_hacks One was to steal virtual tokens, and the other was a server hacked for phishing.
Explain. I don't own any current-gen consoles and I don't keep up with what goes on in the console world so I'm curious to know what provoked these hackings.They deserve what's going on plain and simple
The enmity between Sony and technology enthusiasts runs deep. I think the Hotz' lawsuit was just the straw that broke the camel's back.Explain. I don't own any current-gen consoles and I don't keep up with what goes on in the console world so I'm curious to know what provoked these hackings.
Steve Heckler of Sony said:"The industry will take whatever steps it needs to protect itself and protect its revenue streams.. It will not lose that revenue stream, no matter what... Sony is going to take aggressive steps to stop this. We will develop technology that transcends the individual user. We will firewallhttps://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Napster Napster at source - we will block it at your cable company. We will block it at your phone company. We will block it at your ISP. We will firewall it at your PC.
^ ThisNever Forget.
http://www.lik-sang.com/
The enmity between Sony and technology enthusiasts runs deep. I think the Hotz' lawsuit was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Sony's policy for the last several years has been "if you buy our product, we retain ownership of that product and we claim ownership anything it touches".
First, there were the unjust murders of Connectix, Lik-Sang and bleem!. Connectix and bleem! actually won their suits, but Sony killed them under a mountain of legal fees and injunctions that prevented both companies from making sales during their cases.
Then, there was the CD rootkits. Sony felt it was ok to modify the underpinnings of your operating system as a special "fuck you" for committing the crime of buying their discs. Read the quotes from their US VP in 2001. It's frightening:
And recently, Sony claimed de facto ownership of the PS3 that you bought from them, suing Geohot and graf_chokolo to prevent them from distributing software that essentially allows users to have full access to the hardware they bought from Sony to run pirated games.
Finally, after warnings from hackers pointing out many flaws in Sony's PSN, they did nothing significant to improve their security. They allowed millions of users' data to be lifted, bringing in a storm of phishing scams that will reverberate for months or even years.
+10000^ This
Never cared for Lik-sang.
No, it didn't need fixing. If you think running any software you want on your hardware is only for piracy, then anyone who owns a PC only has it for piracy, by your logic.had to fix that part in bold there
E3 is going to be rough. Let's see if they can ignore the elephant in the room during their press conference.
If they wouldn't of pulled Linux support, none of this would of happened. They pissed off dickhead kiddies.
No sympathy.
Still mad about Dreamcast... and rootkit..... and Bleem..... and Other OS..... and memstick pro duo.... and Securrom... and lawsuits against customers....
Hostile company being delt the same way. They brought it on themselves.
+10000
Never cared for Wal-mart.
No, it didn't need fixing. If you think running any software you want on your hardware is only for piracy, then anyone who owns a PC only has it for piracy, by your logic.
+1Sony take some advice from me, do what MS does and ban all of the modified consoles........then all we have to do is ignore all the little crybabies who get banned....
Funny to see all the Sony haters holding on to grudges that are over 10 years old, haha. They always come out of the wood work when something bad happens to Sony.
Every "big" company deserves this if you claim Sony does. I guess MS has been free of any sort of shady operations in all their years. They're perfect!
But hey, continue to be ignorant and bias. It works well in life.
Funny to see all the Sony haters holding on to grudges that are over 10 years old, haha. They always come out of the wood work when something bad happens to Sony.
Every "big" company deserves this if you claim Sony does. I guess MS has been free of any sort of shady operations in all their years. They're perfect!
But hey, continue to be ignorant and bias. It works well in life.
Thank you fallguy. As I was scanning the thread and seeing everyone saying how bad Sony is I was flabbergasted no one mentioning MS till I saw your post.
Take off the Xbox fanboy glassed folks. Microsoft is one of the biggest corrupt backstabbing tech companies that every existed.
you guys are funny.
The network was hacked. HACKED.
Banning consoles would not have prevented this, since it has nothing to do with the console. They hacked the network. From a PC.
im not a fanboi... but are we talking about every fuckin breach/virus/phishing there is on microsoft vista/7.
ok little one we understand that you think they wanted to run homebrew for good intentions..... All one has to do is look at the 360 and all previous consoles to see what the hackers are really up to....... Piracy is rampant....
Sony take some advice from me, do what MS does and ban all of the modified consoles........then all we have to do is ignore all the little crybabies who get banned....