Sony Blu-ray Remote for PlayStation 3 on sale for $14.46 + free shipping

I bet its on sale because I believe the newer remote (volume control, etc) is coming soon. It has been out in japan for a while.

Is this IR or does it have to connect like a controller?

I like that Microsoft's remote is IR, and if I want to teach its commands to a universal remote someday I can.

Its a Bluetooth remote just like the controllers. The new remote has both IR and bt, volume and channel buttons, and can be programmed to control your TV and AV receiver. Sure it won't replace any Harmonies, but can be handy for smaller setups that just have a TV and a ps3 connected to it like in my bedroom.

It's Bluetooth, actually. Your only choice for IR is to use an adapter. (Nuts, beaten by seconds.)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheaper to buy this remote, than the Harmony Adapter. In for one.

Maybe...

Nvm, the new remote can only control Sony receivers and isn't programmable.

I have one of these and it's great. Especially the part that you don't need LOS for it to work. Why arn't all remotes like that? =\

i saw pics of the supposedly new one. still no backlighting

I have one of these and it's great. Especially the part that you don't need LOS for it to work. Why arn't all remotes like that? =\

probably b/c most remotes are not bluetooth but ir

New PS3 remote has been out in Japan since Feb of this year. Supposed to be available here by end of this month. Called the CECH-ZRC1 remote.

Back