Sony Avoided Planned Weekend Attack

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hmmm, did Sony really avoid the attack? Was there ever going to be an attack in the first place? Or maybe the hackers got lazy ? Regardless of the reason why they weren't attacked, Sony should just be thankful at this point that they weren't. :eek:

Wrote one of the members in the Internet Relay Chat channel the group uses, "Apparently Sony saw that article because the last server that I could access is offline now...its probbaly (sic) being patched like the other servers. There goes our window."

Would be nice if people got the story right, the hack did happen on friday night. They got into a contest server from 2001 and posted 2500 people's information, sony got the page taken down around 12 hours later. But this is what happens when C|net relies on some random person who probably napped and missed it in the chat.

From what I understand, the hackers were members of Anonymous, but didn't work with them. They probably felt that Sony deserved more punishment, and Anonymous didn't. So they worked on their own.

Anon is anyone that signs on to that website. It could be me or you or anyone. It's impossible to say the same people are doing every little thing that happens to happen. One guy could have broken in on monday and a totally different person does on tuesday with no connection to each other. Sony obviously has treated security with less regard than grandma and her open wifi router.

looks like anonymous might not be done with Sony:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltren...sissuessharpresponsetosonydowntimeaccusations

HACK THE PLANET!

Which pretty much confirms what i have been saying all along about anon. Random group of fucktards with no real MO, goal or leadership.

To all those claiming "Its not their MO" over the PSN shit how the fuck would you know when the group themselves dont know? Not that i think its them just sick of people acting like they have anon all figured out as the cyber defenders of justice... Tired of hearing them referred to as though they are the greatest thing to happen to the internet.

What about the random fuktarts that created Stuxnet? Or the ones that hacked Comodos servers and stole the security certificates. And the ones tried to hack the Canadian governments intranet servers

Stuxnet a worm that cost about 1.5million to make by experts perfecting it for two years. It took malware experts 2 months to reverse engineer it. Who did they say made? Some hacker in China lol

Looks more like Anonymous doesn't even know WTF is going on in their own "organization":

http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/5/9/anonymous-civil-war-anonops-sites-are-hacked/
Haha...that person has nothing to do with anything; they're not even the person that did it. Do you have any idea how many times people have posted fake dox on someone they don't like just to get them harassed? It's an old internet trick:
1. Find someone you don't like
2. Post their dox attached to a cause that a lot of people are mad about and want answers for
3. They get harassed by idiots chasing the wrong person.

To all those claiming "Its not their MO" over the PSN shit how the fuck would you know when the group themselves dont know?
I think it's basing it on history. And anonymous people do know their MO; it's just that you're still treating them as one person, perpetuating the fallacy that every anonymous person is of a single mind and is a single entity.

They are no different than a crowd with a cause in real life. You couldn't look at a million people gathering somewhere and say they all agree on anything, or that they all disagree on anything. They all agree on one issue--that's it. Maybe they agree on others, maybe they don't. But they can't all be lumped together as like-minded when there's only one thing they agree on.

Hmm, I think Anon dun goofed, or that is to say some members of Anon.

Lots of Pro's now involved and backtracing the attack.

Consequences will never be the same!

Anon is a loose online group of ... anonymous people... :p kinda hard to kick down those doors :p
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's basing it on history. And anonymous people do know their MO; it's just that you're still treating them as one person, perpetuating the fallacy that every anonymous person is of a single mind and is a single entity.

They are no different than a crowd with a cause in real life. You couldn't look at a million people gathering somewhere and say they all agree on anything, or that they all disagree on anything. They all agree on one issue--that's it. Maybe they agree on others, maybe they don't. But they can't all be lumped together as like-minded when there's only one thing they agree on.

Basing it on their very brief history, smart. Thats like trusting your baby with a guy you met on the bus ride to work.

They obviously dont know their own fucking MO if a group of them tried to take over...

YOU are treating them like an individual and your silly drawn out analogy proves my point. Anybody that joins their stupid site is considered a member and you are telling me they all have the same goals? AFter reading that they are having an internal power struggle you still believe this nonsense? They are not a single individual so to claim they all have the same MO is beyond stupid.

Anon is a loose online group of ... anonymous people... :p kinda hard to kick down those doors :p
But that doesn't mean the government won't assign a leadership structure to them and bomb them all. Just look at "Al Qaeda" or "Terrorists".

I think that's the whole idea though. Invent an enemy that could be anyone, so that way you can blow up anyone. Or search & seize anyone's property.

Posted via Mobile Device

no its one tit with 100 apache zero day exploits. He probably cross site the login screen of that site aswell. Making millions of dumb people still trying to log in

But that doesn't mean the government won't assign a leadership structure to them and bomb them all. Just look at "Al Qaeda" or "Terrorists".

I think that's the whole idea though. Invent an enemy that could be anyone, so that way you can blow up anyone. Or search & seize anyone's property.

actually the police with sony reps literally kick down peoples doors executing search warrants.

Anybody that joins their stupid site is considered a member and you are telling me they all have the same goals?
Anonymous doesn't have a site. Imagine anon as a Venn diagram. There are all kinds of different people who hold dear all kinds of different issues. When enough people who share the same feelings on the same issue converge, that's when something happens. Any perceived "attack" by "anonymous" is just a convergence of enough people where the dam breaks.

And I said exactly the opposite of what you're saying I said; anonymous people don't have all the same goals. I thought I was clear on that, but I guess it wasn't clear enough.

actually the police with sony reps literally kick down peoples doors executing search warrants.
So the police work for Sony now? I thought they worked for apple...:D

Anonymous doesn't have a site. Imagine anon as a Venn diagram. There are all kinds of different people who hold dear all kinds of different issues. When enough people who share the same feelings on the same issue converge, that's when something happens. Any perceived "attack" by "anonymous" is just a convergence of enough people where the dam breaks.
And I said exactly the opposite of what you're saying I said; anonymous people don't have all the same goals. I thought I was clear on that, but I guess it wasn't clear enough.
You'd have better luck trying to explain this to a xenu statue. disposed has already been well outed as an anti-Anon butthurt Scientologist troll spouting endless drivel and empty comebacks, with zero supporting evidence, logic or reasoning. By his own admission, his complete indoctrination prevents him from simply acknowledging not only things like facts, but even other points-of-view.

You'd have better luck trying to explain this to a xenu statue. disposed has already been well outed as an anti-Anon butthurt Scientologist troll spouting endless drivel and empty comebacks, with zero supporting evidence, logic or reasoning. By his own admission, his complete indoctrination prevents him from simply acknowledging not only things like facts, but even other points-of-view.

Did either of you bother to read the linked article? Didnt think so. :rolleyes:

Good ol kubla no argument of any substance just a bunch of personal insults. Anyone that disagrees with his empty arguments is apparently a scientologist. :rolleyes:

If they dont have the same goals how can you so ignorantly go on about them having an actual MO. You are contradicting yourself and cant seem to realize it. :rolleyes:

You cant have a group of people with conflicting goals and claim they share an MO. This was made clear when the group started fighting amongst themselves.

You cant have a group of people with conflicting goals and claim they share an MO. This was made clear when the group started fighting amongst themselves.
I said the individuals have an MO (and it could be just about anything), not the group. They "fight amongst themselves" because they are not a single entity. They are individuals who sometimes agree on one issue. Not all issues. One.

Why do you insist on continuously attributing words and thoughts to me which I never said or thought?

Did either of you bother to read the linked article? Didnt think so. :rolleyes:
Good ol kubla no argument of any substance just a bunch of personal insults. Anyone that disagrees with his empty arguments is apparently a scientologist. :rolleyes:
Why do you constantly accuse others of exactly what you yourself do? Is angry deflection one of the chapters in Dianetics? What exactly was my argument? My observation about you wasn't an argument, as illustrated by the fact that no one, not even you, disputed said observation. Please get a dictionary. An English one.

Although a bunch of them were kicked in the last time Anon, stood up for a rapist.
WTF are you talking about? Whose doors were kicked in exactly and who is a rapist?
Citation, please.

So the police work for Sony now? I thought they worked for apple...:D.

There's a unit that spec in that. They work with sony probably some funding involved there. The funny thing is a lot of cops buy copy ps games. Almost every neighbourhood got a bloke modding ps and selling games they can't do anything about the ps3 modding but they can do something about the pirated games that get sold.

Btw anon is this and anon is this. But what about Stuxnet? what's the total of amount of damage it caused? And who created it btw?
But nothing is being said about that.

Btw anon is this and anon is this. But what about Stuxnet? what's the total of amount of damage it caused? And who created it btw?
But nothing is being said about that.

Stuxnet is news from last year. Was created by mossad or knesset and used to disrupt centrifuges at a nuclear facility in Iran. Stuxnet is very specific political sabotage, not a computer virus and has nothing to do with this.

There are many well-educated guesses, but Stuxnet known facts are few. HBGary Federal held a copy, supposedly for study, and it was both exposed and liberated into the wild for great justice by Anon. I would sure hate to be a Siemen's centrifuge right now....;)

Anonymous are a bunch of kids who barely know how to use a computer with like 2 or 3 guys who actually know what the hell they are doing.

Anonymous are a bunch of kids who barely know how to use a computer with like 2 or 3 guys who actually know what the hell they are doing.
Wow, thanks for clearing that up! It nice to see an expert weigh in amongst the typical knee-jerk reactions born of pure ignorance and juvenile emotions. You've obviously passed Anonymous 101 with a solid "A". Way to do your research!

Back