Someone Is Probably Getting Fired Over This Xbox One Video

I saw a Blu Ray icon on that menu. Xbox One does Blu Ray?

Yep it does. I can't get the volume working on my end but was he playing the game and was able to go to dashboard and still have the game running? I know you can hit the guide button now and it brings up the menu on the 360 but I liked that windowed view on the dashboard.

Well hopefully the frame rate and non-responsiveness is going to be fixed before release. Otherwise, that is shit for $500.

a teen of a Microsoft employee is going to get grounded perhaps even killed for costing his parental unit their job.

Steve where did the original video come from? youtube has you as the one who uploaded it?

I'm not so sure the employee will get fired. He wasn't the one who took the video, and uploaded it. Plus pretty much everything is finalized now anyways, so we will be seeing it in two months. I suppose it has the potential to hurt sales though, but hopefully he/she doesn't lose their job..

I'm not so sure the employee will get fired. He wasn't the one who took the video, and uploaded it. Plus pretty much everything is finalized now anyways, so we will be seeing it in two months. I suppose it has the potential to hurt sales though, but hopefully he/she doesn't lose their job..

Yeah, and I bet there's a teenager somewhere who's going to get his ass kicked by his father.
What an idiot kid.

all the pre-orders are sold out it wont hurt any thing
if any thing itll improve sales that kid gave a better demo then MS did lol

The kid can have a X1 but doesnt have a bib-shaky camera video was more annoying then anything tbh

Ehh a leak right now could actually be a great publicity stunt.

And that comes from a PS4 supporter.

I thought the game continuing in the background while the dash was opened was pretty neat. I wonder if the ps4 will do the same

Unlike Win8, this appears to be an improvement over the existing Xbox. We will upgrade most likely.

If MS is putting prototype/early production units into homes, they knew there was a major risk of a leak. Whether it was intentional or not, who knows?

Blue-Ray? Very interesting. A lot of families use PS3's mostly as Blue-Ray players. I know we do.

Yeah, and I bet there's a teenager somewhere who's going to get his ass kicked by his father.
What an idiot kid.

Best punishment dad (or mom) could have... take away the Xbox, give it back to MS or donate it to some charity/poor person/whatever.

Of course you have to make sure whomever brought it home laid down the ground rules with the kid, like "don't fucking put this on facebook or youtube or whatever, until after it's officially released" not sure if that conversation ever took place, I'd hope it would considering I'd like to think someone working for MS was tech savvy enough.

Then there's the other side, maybe the kid's parents don't work for MS, that someone along the chain of custody snatched one while it was sitting in a warehouse. Or perhaps MS couldn't give less of a shit if someone posts about their product online.

Lol if anything the kid works at some store that has this in stock but won't be released till the actual date and decided to take it home for himself to 'test'.

Other possible explanation is that the mother/father works @ MS and took a console home to test and possibly thought 'my son would probably love this, I'm going to assume he won't make a video and show the whole world what they will experience in a month or two anyways.

I couldn't care less about any leaked or early footage of the console itself as it's been a long time coming for the next gen and it took long enough... Only thing decent to note is that the game can still run in the background whilst being on the home screen.. wow.. bit late to the party.

Lol @ anyone who doesnt think this is marketing from microsoft.
This has ms written all over it. A video to get all the gamer nerds jealous and salivating at the thought of someone having it before them. Its all psychological manipulation.

This has ms written all over it. A video to get all the gamer nerds jealous and salivating at the thought of someone having it before them. Its all psychological manipulation.

You're a bit paranoid, yes?

Windows 8 called. It doesn't want it's UI back.

Yea not shit. Who thought this was anything other then careful marketing? Let me know when someone who has one of these Xbox Ones shows all the flaws of the machine. That's how you know someone is really SOL for breaking the NDA.

Is the game continuing to run really seem like a plus. seems you want to either pause or inhibit anything else. How'd you like to pull the pin on a grenade and get pulled out of the gamethe next second because your friend IM'd you.

Is the game continuing to run really seem like a plus. seems you want to either pause or inhibit anything else. How'd you like to pull the pin on a grenade and get pulled out of the gamethe next second because your friend IM'd you.

It doesn't pull you out of the game when you get messaged. Why would you even think that?

a teen of a Microsoft employee is going to get grounded perhaps even killed for costing his parental unit their job.

What sort of bullshit is this?

Assuming an employee did have a pre release unit at home how would it be the kid's fault for costing said parent his/her job?

Dear Kid,

Thank you for your sacrifice. The nerds appreciate you being the one to leak this. You will not be forgotten, homeless, or perish in vein.

lol @ thinking everything is finalized.

You know someone is catching hell for this video right now in Redmond. Note to self, keep the unreleased consoles away from teenagers or this could be you. :eek:

Not likely there Steve. Given all of the public available retail data as well as the company changing movements in the background, it's no industry secret that Microsoft is trying every trick it can to convince gamers to not carry through on #BoycottXbox. So far we've seen a rollback on every single policy announced at E3, including the anti-indy developer stance, and the requirement for Kinect to be connected 24/7. We've learned that Microsoft's exclusive titles... aren't so exclusive. We've also seen the Xbox 360 suddenly get a 3 year life extension instead of the original planned immediate death... unsurprisingly just after Nintendo slashed the price on the WiiU and retail orders went bonkers on the limited edition Zelda Wind Waker Bundle.

At this point the only real weapon Microsoft has left to play with is trying to force a viral interest in the console by faking leaked videos. For once gamers did the right thing and told Microsoft to get out of their houses; here's hoping those same gamers can remain strong enough to follow through on what needs to happen to Microsoft.

H-street 2[H]4U, 8.5 Years

Steve where did the original video come from? youtube has you as the one who uploaded it?

I swear I am not making much of this up.. but..

1) The "kid" in the video IS Steve!! This is what happens to him when he shaves the beard off.. shaving has this weird "reverse Teenwolf" effect on him and he temporarily reverts to being 17 until the beard fully grows back a few hours later..

and..

2) Steve, when bearded, actually is a high up Microsoft uppity up.. so he was able to take home a prototype Xbox 1 home for the weekend. His Camaro actually has Microsoft transporter technology in it that allows him to live in Lost Wages while working in Redmond. When sitting at his M$ desk, Steve is able to cruise the Internet on a super fast M$ connection, scouring the WWW looking for stories to post here.

Unfortunately, when Steve is in his "unshaven" state, his hormones get the best of him and he reverts to bane, juvenile, teenage behavior.. like bragging to the Internet about his new Xbox!! Thus Steve doesn't remember posting this video on his own YouTube account!!

I really think this is a very sound, concrete, very plausible, no flaw explanation.. really!!

Back