Sold Out Everywhere!

You are telling me NVidia will RMA a card I messed up while installing a 3rd party block on?

Can u expand on that? Is it like a major drop in frames. Or what

In Project Cars specifically? You'll see drops from 60+ to 40-50 in intense weather or when several cars are on screen. I've turned down a few settings to counteract, and it's been better since the most recent update of the game.

It's not my intention to deter anyone from buying the card. It's great, and I like mine. But if people buy it with the expectation of maxing every single game there is at 60fps and never having any stuttering or slowdowns whatsoever, that won't really be the case.

for those commenting about the newegg price gouging
have you attempted to price match with them?

just show them Amazon price
I saw some guys on the guru3d forums do that..

I would do it.. but I don't think I want eVGA.. I think I'm gonna wait for Gigabyte/MSI or Zotac :/

for those commenting about the newegg price gouging
have you attempted to price match with them?

just show them Amazon price
I saw some guys on the guru3d forums do that..

I would do it.. but I don't think I want eVGA.. I think I'm gonna wait for Gigabyte/MSI or Zotac :/

Yep. EVGA lost me with the ACX snafu on GTX970. Waiting for MSI or Gigabyte.

WOOT! The first eVGA 4991 is in stock @ Newegg. Ordered one up. It'll be here before my step-up 4991, lol.

In Project Cars specifically? You'll see drops from 60+ to 40-50 in intense weather or when several cars are on screen. I've turned down a few settings to counteract, and it's been better since the most recent update of the game.

It's not my intention to deter anyone from buying the card. It's great, and I like mine. But if people buy it with the expectation of maxing every single game there is at 60fps and never having any stuttering or slowdowns whatsoever, that won't really be the case.

Ugh what card do i need to buy for that then?
I just want 60fps with no stuttering or slowdown, i spent close to $700 on my monitor Q3 last year and i want to be able to have my games on max settings
im also getting into editing so the 6gb vram was nice

Maybe later this year?

What happened?
Early runs of the 970 were using leftover stock of ACX coolers. Because of the smaller die compared to Kepler, not all of the heatpipes actually made contact with the core. EVGA stated that these were extra heatpipes designed for "accessory" cooling, IIRC. Funny, that, because the ACX 2.0 is using a solid plate that makes contact with the core through which all the heatpipes pass.

Early runs of the 970 were using leftover stock of ACX coolers. Because of the smaller die compared to Kepler, not all of the heatpipes actually made contact with the core. EVGA stated that these were extra heatpipes designed for "accessory" cooling, IIRC. Funny, that, because the ACX 2.0 is using a solid plate that makes contact with the core through which all the heatpipes pass.

Good grief.

Anyone see the Hybrid 980ti in stock

A found a website ...BLT they are allowing people to order the hybrid with a july 8th~ eta.
Anyone heard of them? Think it's better just wait around. I'd rather be done with it. It's such a waste of time checking stock :(

Ordered 2, keep you all updated.

Seems they have a habbit of taking forever with back ordered items.
Let's hope this is different.

Going to wait for kingpin, lightning, strix and others to see which is worthy. I jumped in to fast with regular titans. I must admit lightning gtx 580's were work of art and clocked decent. In Canada its1000 bucks for just one card. We get totally ripped off. Gonna wait see if its worth it. If not wait for Pascal.

Back