So..who still plays Starcraft 1 on their super rigs?

dyesan

Limp Gawd
Well, blast! Anticipation and enthusiasm for SCII has nearly dissipated completely as I continue to rot away watching Starcraft:BW of Korean prodigies on youtube. I figure I'd set my hopes low and say 2010 and be happy when it comes out in 2009. That Bizzard has foiled us once again!

That aside, I was wondering who here still has their SC:BW cds handy, ready to unleash pwnage upon the n00bs on b.net? I still play occasional games with the buddies on my floor over Hamachi. Usually consists of some 2v2s, 1v1s, and some epic FFAs on the proleague maps. Does anyone here still play?

Does anyone want to play NOW? I set up a VLAN with Hamachi, in the case people are up for some fun.
Hamachi network @:
Name: [h]ardcraft
Pass: zergrush

edit: don't forget to set affinity to multi-core ;)

I still fire it up from time to time.

played a few games versus a buddy last night, and personally I'm not so sure blizzard can change SC too much and still best the old with the new, which is why I've been watching project revolution with a very keen eye (Broodwar in the WC3 engine) which will be here before SC2 anyhow!

Though I'm not that great at the game anymore, I still play now and then. Though I couldn't get it to work over hamachi, any tips?

Sometimes. Don't know that I qualify as "super" anymore though. 2GB of RAM, no quad core -- oh noes!

I was starting to think I was the only one around here. Anyways, no one has joined Hamachi yet. Perhaps this is in the wrong section (?move to [H]ardclub LAN?), unless you've never used Hamachi before. It just let's us play on a virtual LAN, to minimize the lag and maximize the micro.

Download here:
1.) During one of the steps, it'll ask you to install Premium or Basic account. Choose Basic (free).
2.) On another, it'll prompt you to disable vulnerable windows settings, which you should.
https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

Setup guide:
https://secure.logmein.com/documentation/hamachi/Hamachi_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf
Basically, once installed, click the "power button" to logon, then the
network button (triangle) to join an existing network (in the OP).

Sometimes. Don't know that I qualify as "super" anymore though. 2GB of RAM, no quad core -- oh noes!

lol. Just about anything is a super rig compared to what was out then. What was that 1998? 96? I can't remember. I was a fiend for F-22 Lightning 2.

In newer versions of Hamachi (anything more recent than 1.0.2.1 I believe) you have to go into advanced network settings and move the Hamachi network adapter to the top of the list in order for UDP LAN games to show up over Hamachi (at least with SC1, I'm not sure if it matters for newer games). Both the game creator and all joining must do this or the game won't be visible to everyone.

hamachi.gif

I pull it out from time to time, though I'm not currently playing it.
More accurately, I don't currently have a complete desktop.

Don't have a super rig but I still played SC during the summer. I would be playing it now if I could, but my school's VPN doesn't like battle.net very much. But back a couple years, I played it a little too much...I was one of the top BGH (yes I know its a semi-money map!) players on US West/East.

/w Expert
If anyone sees me on and wants to play.

I think StarCraft is permanently imbedded in my hard drive... even after SC2 comes out, I think SC1 will still be there.

I stopped playing bnet because..well, lets not go there. I still play a lot of small maps versus the PC. Not sure how much more fun you can get with 7 zerg vs 1 human. Man, those bunkers never stop shooting =P

I stopped playing bnet because..well, lets not go there. I still play a lot of small maps versus the PC. Not sure how much more fun you can get with 7 zerg vs 1 human. Man, those bunkers never stop shooting =P

I once played a round of BGH as Terran vs 7 zerg comps and finished with over 2,600 kills and only 7 units lost :D

Anyone can block the entrance with Terran. Try doing it without blocking.

Wow, you guessed how I did it... it's almost as if I knew that it would be obvious and mentioned it as a joke on the AI... looks like the joke's on you! :p

None of you have joined the Hamachi server... :(
Enough with the talk and on with the play!

*shrugs*

I still would almost rather have it run at 640x480 and not stretch rather than it stretch to a 1680x1050 and look all pixellated and nasty.

*shrugs*

I still would almost rather have it run at 640x480 and not stretch rather than it stretch to a 1680x1050 and look all pixellated and nasty.

There's always nvidia's Fixed-aspect ratio scaling, but unfortunately it has never worked for me with starcraft. That still doesn't fix the pixellated look of course, but at least it would fix the stretching.

Oh how I've often wished we could play SC1 with the kind of view you have in the map editor *sigh*

I'm actually using a program called DxWnd to play SC in a window, although it is not scalable and stuck at 640x480 on my 3840x1900 desktop...

sc-windowed.jpg

And still no one in [h]ardcraft.

I'm actually using a program called DxWnd to play SC in a window, although it is not scalable and stuck at 640x480 on my 3840x1900 desktop...

*snip* jesus christ big image

And still no one in [h]ardcraft.

Yeah I've tried that, just too small for me, and my desktop isn't nearly as large as yours. Plus it makes scrolling around the map with the mouse difficult :(

Back