So who killed it at E3?

AMD

will kill everyone!

with its 400 watt GPUS! /sarcasm

I think the best one yet was bethesda. they just simply had GOOD GAMES. Sony i felt like tried to nostalgia their way out of E3, with things that weren't too exciting. Microsoft I think did OK/good. cant really remember the rest (maybe because nothing looked that great?)

Square enix, nintendo, amd, and of course PC GAMING still haven't had their conferences yet. Sony is leading by far for now.

The adorably nervous guy talking about Unravel. Which looks like a cute platformer.

I think Microsoft had some interesting tech such as the new controller and hololense, while I found Sony's game lineup more interesting (for my personal preference anyway).

Looking forward to see what Nintendo will be showing, though I don't expect to see anything about their rumored next console.

So far the winner is Bethesda.

Nintendo? Is that even still a thing?

they're making another Halloween movie titled Halloween Returns!!...the definite winner of E3 thus far :D

All have had some good
MS
Halo day one for me love halo loved the beta
Backward compatibility very cool
Rare collection was huge
Everything else looked good

Bethesda rocked it period

EA
Sports blah blah
Need for speed look great

Sony
I liked uncharted day one
Last guardian looked the same bleh
Shenmue kickstarter fucking insulting
Destiny ,batman,battlefront those are xbox one digital purchases for me .

So far very good E3

Edit almost forgot ubisoft was very good too for honor looks fun. Rainbow six looks great i love assassins creed so there's that.

Last edited:
Not EA, that's for sure. Too much yakking about sports, mobile, and ways they plan to fleece their customers, although Mirrors Edge looked great. Still on the fence about ME: Andromeda. Need more details to come to a sound conclusion, however. Sony probably had the best one overall, really excited about Shenmue III and the Last Guardian. Bethesda in second with Doom and Fallout 4.

Gotta be Bethesda ... they showed several premiere titles including a detailed FO4 preview that everyone had been salivating over ... they offered a wide range of totally new capabilities in FO4 and still gave a release date for later this year ... and they actually had a major surprise with their app based FO game which is surprisingly fun and made it available same day (for iOS) ... I expect them to offer it to the Android crowd later this month or next month

I think they all have come on really strong. One of the better E3s we have had in a while IMO. Dont really give two shits about Nintendos tho. snooze.

I'd say Bethesda had the strongest showing.

I'd probably peg MS and Sony as a tie - the new controller for Xbone was pretty cool, and some of the exclusives MS showed were interesting as well (ReCore, Sea of Thieves). Halo 5's co-op campaign looked very Destiny/Borderlands-esque, but the 24-player multiplayer looked strong. Still hoping MS will announce a PC release for the game too with crossplatform capability between Xbone and PC.

Sony had some strong looking exclusives, but the media announcements in the middle really dragged down their conference. Also, having Yu Suzuki pitch his own kickstarter to the public instead of just giving him 2 million to make his game exclusive to Sony? I dunno, kinda weird. FF7 remake was a huge announcement for them (even though it will be a timed exclusive). The Call of Duty franchise seems to need a break, the series shift to the Sony platform seemed to receive a fairly lukewarm reception.

If it really looks the way they showed it through the camera, the Hololens looks fucking amazing.

Bethesda knocked it out of the park.

Honestly they all did pretty well...most of the games looked cool that I saw.

Very glad to see the Last Guardian make a comeback.

Hitman trailer gave me an orgasm.

Me, too. I hope it delivers. Absolution was hit and miss.

If they listened to the fans and go back to the roots and what made Blood Money so popular and bring that to the next level it will be a time of ecstatic glee for many of us.

I think microsoft had the better overall presentation. But Shenmue 3 is what killed all of E3 for me. I can't remember being this excited after E3 for a long time. The last time I was this excited was probably 2000 which I think Shenmue and Halo was shown.

I'll say that Ubisoft seemed to have the best atmosphere, they tried to get a bunch of people playing demos and actually seemed very excited. EA didn't really do it for me, I only cared for Mass Effect and Battlefront. Microsoft was OK. Sony I lost interest after that first kiddie looking game and Bethesda only had me at Fallout 4, which I think looks amazing though.

Another vote for Bethesda. Not just for what was presented, but how. So far it seems they were the only ones who knew how to talk to their audience. Everyone else sounded condescending to me.
Timed exclusive, I thought?
Yes, XBONE gamers are going to be beta testers for the PC Master Race ;).
I'll say that Ubisoft seemed to have the best atmosphere, they tried to get a bunch of people playing demos and actually seemed very excited. EA didn't really do it for me, I only cared for Mass Effect and Battlefront. Microsoft was OK. Sony I lost interest after that first kiddie looking game and Bethesda only had me at Fallout 4, which I think looks amazing though.
I do have to give Ubisoft props for their presentation. They still presented bullshit cinematic trailers, but it was nice to see actual live gameplay demos for the games we care about in this moment. The Rainbow Six: Siege stage demo has gotten me extremely hyped for it. I also appreciated them showing The Division in its current state. It's definitely a move in the right direction, but Yves Guillemot is still an asshole :p.

So pissed that the new Tomb Raider is XBox exclusive. WTF?

It's timed exclusive. Just do what everyone under the sun is gonna do -- play the shit out of Fallout 4 starting 11/10/15. Forget about Tomb Raider releasing on Xbox One on 11/10/15. By the time you are tired of Fallout 4, Tomb Raider will be out on PC.

Do they coach the audience to oooh and aaah at the right moment? It all seems so contrived. Doom, Fallout4 and Battlefront SW have me interested though.

I do have to give Ubisoft props for their presentation. They still presented bullshit cinematic trailers, but it was nice to see actual live gameplay demos for the games we care about in this moment. The Rainbow Six: Siege stage demo has gotten me extremely hyped for it. I also appreciated them showing The Division in its current state. It's definitely a move in the right direction, but Yves Guillemot is still an asshole :p.

Don't forget Ghost Recon Wildlands. I think that looked amazing. Ubisoft definitely has caught my interest. Super hyped over Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

i think Bethesda had best presentation but Square Enix have tons of games i want to play.
KH3 / Hitman / NieR / Tomb Raider / Star Ocean / Dues Ex / FF7 Remake / FF15

i think Bethesda had best presentation but Square Enix have tons of games i want to play.
KH3 / Hitman / NieR / Tomb Raider / Star Ocean / Dues Ex / FF7 Remake / FF15

Same here, Square Enix is going to drain my wallet.

Just hope I'll have the time, as these are all long games :eek:

I think the one thing I was left disappointed with on Sony's end is the lack of a blockbuster for the remainder of 2015. I realize that MS really only had the Gear Remaster collection and Halo 5 as their exclusives, but everything exciting Sony showed isn't going until, at earliest, the end of Q1 2016. The one exception was Ratchet & Clank...but I'm VERY weary of that one since it's a "movie game." I'm not big on Fallout either, but I'm lucky to have a PC since the games I'm now most excited about are Battlecry, Overwatch, and Battleborn...

I think the one thing I was left disappointed with on Sony's end is the lack of a blockbuster for the remainder of 2015. I realize that MS really only had the Gear Remaster collection and Halo 5 as their exclusives, but everything exciting Sony showed isn't going until, at earliest, the end of Q1 2016. The one exception was Ratchet & Clank...but I'm VERY weary of that one since it's a "movie game." I'm not big on Fallout either, but I'm lucky to have a PC since the games I'm now most excited about are Battlecry, Overwatch, and Battleborn...

Isn't No Man's Sky slated for Q4 of this year or has that been pushed back? I know there was another gameplay video at E3 this year. Okay, I just read that they said it'll be out "soon." I take that to mean probably December.

Sony had their blockbuster earlier in the year with Bloodborne

So far the winner is Bethesda.

Nintendo? Is that even still a thing?

52 million 3DS sales in 4 years isn't so bad. Compared to the PS Vita which sold 4 million copies since 2011 and I think we know who the winner is.

Ironically, looks like the home console results are flipped between the two. The Vita and Wii U are both pretty much dead.

If it was exclusive to the PS4 would you have been pissed?

Thought it was a timed exclusive only? I want this game, but won't buy an Xbox for it.

Bethesda by far... but I think all together, this is one of the best e3's in recent memory.

Really REALLY looking forward to Doom and Fallout.

New Metroid game for 3DS...

Yup, Nintendo is kill.
He said "...remainder of 2015."

Yup. Good thing about owning both consoles is that if one is crappy for half the year, the other one will usually pick up the slack! :D

Bearded Cane Guy, aka pimp viking, at Ubisoft's event. Came in like a boss and totally owned the stage, made up for Aisha Tyler's cringeworthy attempt at humor.

So far I've only watched the Sony and Microsoft press conferences. I'll try and watch the others at some point. Anyway, I think Sony had some of the cooler surprises (like the Shenmue III Kickstarter announcement), but in terms of things I'll be able to play this year, and exclusives, I think Microsoft had a slight edge.

I don't know if the numbers back this up, but it at least felt like Microsoft showed more exclusives and/or games coming out this year. Meanwhile it seemed a lot of what Sony focussed on would end with "play it first on Playstation 4." Then, if it was a big exclusive, it's not coming until at least 2016 anyway.

Back