So what's the shooter to play now?

CSS and L4D. I have my own clan and servers though. Will be branching out to COD MW2.

CoD4 MW2 will bring me back into competitive online gaming when it releases. It better have Hardcore Search and Destroy. :D

DuckHunt!!! :D. also L4D is unparalleled in the teamwork elements but much simpler in weapon selection than CSS.

Many of my friends and I still dig BF2...

especially with the 1.5 Patch comign out soon ( Beta Patch is already out) I think it will breath more life into the game...

in no otreh game can you Jump from a Humvee to a Tank to a Attack Chopper all within 5 mins....)

Left 4 Dead, CSS, Quake Live, TF2, and BF2.

new Battlefield game comes out soon(3-4 months?), along with another Call of Duty in November.

Many of my friends and I still dig BF2...

especially with the 1.5 Patch comign out soon ( Beta Patch is already out) I think it will breath more life into the game...

in no otreh game can you Jump from a Humvee to a Tank to a Attack Chopper all within 5 mins....)
What's new in the patch? If they fixed the hitboxes I might have to reinstall :D

I've not been playing a lot of games lately, but I bought Left 4 Dead last week after having a blast in the free trial.

I have been addicted to Left 4 Dead since then. The simplicity of it makes it very accessible. I have been playing Survivor mode today and am kind of tired of it. Seems that everybody drops out if we only last 3 - 4 minutes the first time playing together...

BTW, if anyone wants a TF2 guest pass, let me know. I have one that will expire in a couple of weeks.

If you still have it jamersrb, send it to SereLaw (his name here), or PM me and I can hook you up with his info (or Ill PM you why not...lol). I keep telling him about it, but he just needs to try it to experience the goodness...lol. I think TF2 is still one of if not THE best shooter out there. I know, not for everyone, but the gameplay and mechanics of it are really tops. I have been playing CoD4 and WaW for the past year or more, and I dont feel that TF2 has anything less than those. Sure, there is the whole 'realism' thing, but really... it plays like Unreal still. If you want 'realism' tac-sim, why not get Rainbow6Vegas2 or something where you cant bunnyhop and jump around like a fool?

Im sure Ill be on CoD/Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out, but Ill always come back to TF2 for the superior gameplay, teamplay, tactics, etc. The clan I was in for CoD (AKC) NEEDS to play TF2 to learn how to play as a team IMO. But what I am really jonsen for is Battlefield 1943. I really want to see Battlefield get a graphical update, and I really miss flying zeroes and such... the only thing better than that was flying helecopters in BF:Nam, B2, and the Desert Combat mod. Man... if they redo Desert Combat for BF1943 (it was for 1942, and IMO was better than BF2 in many ways) I will prolly be stuck on that for a year or two.

I agree, TF2 isnt your usual 'shooter'... well, it is, but its not like you get to pick among weapons classes with various types of weapons in each class.

I also agree that CoD4 is better than WaW. WaW 'looks' better, and has more weapons (who doesn't love that?), but the gameplay and mechanics suck. Not one patch has solved the horrible spawn generator (even though the one in CoD4 was fine) that spawns you into artillery, in front of your enemy while firing with your back to him, etc. I also dont think it runs as smooth as 4. Besides, Im sick of activision copping out on fixing the hacker exploits and leaving it all up to Punkbuster/PBBans. Im shocked PB hasn't been sued until 2050. They ban people, pretty much ruining their game FOREVER (no time limit, no appeal actually works). And the thing is, they permit this hack market to exist in the first place by not fixing the game code to start with! If hacks didnt work, people wouldnt use them, and then people wouldnt get banned by some 3rd party company that tends to ban by mistake due to hardware incompatibilities! Activision likes it because in order to play the game again, you need to get another GUID, which means you need to buy another game! Hey... Activision loves the hackers because it means extra game sales for them! The thing is, if you are a hacker, you hack your GUID anyways, and change your IP to get around PBBans, and you keep hacking on until you get caught again. So in the end, PB doesnt actually protect streamed servers from those who really want to hack (or pay the $100 for the full hackers suite w/ updates), but merely makes noob-hacks and those with 'hardware incompatibilities' have to buy a whole new game. What a scam... Activision and PB should get their asses sued off IMO.

And thats why people like Steam. If there is a hack out there, (which in games like TF2 would an aiming radar really help?), Steam prevents its use and keeps their game intact. They dont 'outsource' their hacker/exploit policing to some 3rd party that cant even get it right in the first place. Its just to sell more copies of CoD man. Heck, I wouldnt be shocked if Activision feeds the hacks the programming code in the first place, or likes hacks like Aiming Radar to get more popular because it means more people get banned and need to buy more copies of the game.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Left 4 Dead, TF2 and BF2. They all require a group effort to play. Games that make you work together ftw. :D

Back