So the OnePlus One is now here...

Battery life is pretty insane with this phone coming from a Nexus 5. More than double the screen time on LTE only. 5.5 hours on my first day.

Just picked up the phone from the Post Office :)

The packaging was really cool, not that I give two craps about the box the phone comes in, but it was pretty nice.

Took it out, man it's light for it's size, and looks really cool, like a better built and higher quality Nexus 5 design / shape. The feel of the Sandstone Black is amazing.

Just booted it up, said there's an update available to 38r, I am installing that now. And I think I will root it right away now, always followed this cats videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPv2DYnH3S8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I have had my new Oneplus One for 24 hours now. Here's a picture of my homescreen, I like to keep it simple.

Coming from an HTC One M8, that was converted to GPE, I like the OnePlus better, but not way better, I just wanted a larger screen in a lightweight phone, the One+ weighs the same as the M8, but it's larger so feels lighter actually.

I rooted the One+ immediately out of the box, but I am just running the stock build with latest update 38r. I have to root just for AdAway, Greenify, Root Explorer, etc... I might try some custom ROM's later, but this stock CM 11S 38R is super solid.

The screen is amazingly sharp / detailed, I would say even sharper and clearer than my One M8. I am in love with the OnePlus screen, just so pretty, bright, and clear. The whites are white, not blue or not yellow, but pure white :)

I picked up the Diztronic flat black matte case, it looks perfect on this phone, very stealth. But still minimal, not adding much bulk at all. I just need a good screen protector now.

So overall I really like the Oneplus One, is it a major upgrade over my One M8 ? No. Performance wise they both feel about the same, I just love this 5.5" screen, and the OS is awesome. I would recommended this OnePlus over the Galaxy S5, LG G3, One M8, iPhone 6. Only maybe the Nexus 6 and Note 4 obviously being the better phones.

Last edited:
So is this phone ever going to be available for sale?

In case you didn't see it mentioned above, they are doing a 1 day only pre-order without invites.

From a promotional email, "Have you heard? Our brand new OnePlus Pre-order System is kicking off in 24 hours on October 27 15:00 GMT (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST)"

Battery life looks to be off the charts AWESOME.

Right now, unplugged off charger since yesterday, with 1d 5h unplugged, and 4h 18m On Screen time, and I still have 45% battery left.

Keep in mind, these above battery screen shots, I still had 45% battery life left to go.

Last edited:
My brother has the Nexus 5 and a black Diztronic case, I have the Oneplus and also a black Diztronic case. Just a quick observation comparing the two phones over the weekend;

- Right next to each other, it's amazing how similar these two phones looks design wise. Yes the OnePlus is larger of course, but they share a very similar style. Both flat black slabs, no logos on the front, both are rectangular with a slight arch shape to both of them.

- The OnePlus just looks a like a newer and bigger Nexus 5. With the cases off, the Oneplus for sure looks and feels more premium than the Nexus 5.

- Screen on the OnePlus blows away the Nexus 5, my whites are pure white and bright, and colors vibrant, the Nexus 5 whites look brownish and faded, and colors sort of dull. The screen on the OnePlus is just very sharp crisp.

- Performance wise, my OnePlus seems snappier, and smoother overall. Not night and day faster, no, but just a little more fluid.

- Battery life, LOL, no comparison. I can get easily 6h or sometimes even 7h Screen On time :eek: with this OnePlus, my Brother's Nexus 5 is lucky to get 4h Screen On time.

- Overall the OnePlus One feels like a Nexus 5-1/2, a larger and faster phone than the Nexus 5, but not as large or not as fast as the new Nexus 6. A good middle ground between both Nexus phones, but keep in mind for only $349.

IMO if you like the Nexus line of phones, but maybe don't want to spend $700 on the Nexus 6, but want a fast phone with AWESOME battery life. I think the OnePlus is a great phone, and would highly recommend it over the Galaxy S5, One M8, LG G3, Nexus 5, iPhone 6. Only phones that are better would be the Note 4, and Nexus 6.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. I sold my Note 3 and Nexus 5 after I got my Oneplus back in July as the OnePlus is like a larger Nexus 5 with the battery life equal to or better than the Note 3.

I picked up another Nexus 5 recently but sold that one as I found myself using the OnePlus primarily due to the additional 2+ hours of screen on time.

OnePlus really is a great phone and really does not have an equal if you include price in the equation.

My only 2 complaints with the OnePlus One right now is:

1). Lint and dust tends to get caught easily in the corner/gap between the screen and the magnesium frame underneath. I was hoping to get away with not using a case and screen protector, but it looks I'll need to get them just to keep it clean. This may not even be an issue if you're the type to get a case and screen protector no matter what.

2). There appears to be a weird glitch with pinch-to-zoom that got introduced with the 38R update. Details can be found here:

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-882

Basically, if you perform a pinch-to-zoom the screen goes spastic instead of actually performing a zoom (like, it'll suddenly zoom in a 1000x and/or scroll to some random part of the screen). Its temporarily fixed with a reboot, but it'll randomly start again at some point after that. Its not a deal breaker issue (for me), since with a 5.5-inch 1080p screen everything is so readable I rarely have to zoom.

Battery life looks to be off the charts AWESOME.

Right now, unplugged off charger since yesterday, with 1d 5h unplugged, and 4h 18m On Screen time, and I still have 45% battery left.

Keep in mind, these above battery screen shots, I still had 45% battery life left to go.
any tweaks you care to share...

any tweaks you care to share...

Just my standard stuff when I get a new phone;

- Rooted the phone as soon as I took it out of the box.
- Running the stock OS with the latest 38R update first, which is CM11S ( Which is not CM11, the S version is just for the OnePlus One )
- AdAway app ( requires root )
- Greenify app ( requires root )
- I use Root Explorer to delete several .apk I don't ever use.
- I leave Sync to like 2 hours and some stuff no Sync at all. I am not the type to have e-mail Sync every 15 minutes, that just seems a waste.
- Location off, only put it on manually when using GPS.

I think that about does it.

Nice! I just bought my wife the One Plus one. She is a heavy instgram and Facebook user. I want to teak her phone for the best possible performance

I picked them up off of eBay. They do not have NFC (I'll post some more pics tonight) and no buttons (power and volume).

I did not try taking the buttons off my original yet as I want to see if I can someone that did it before.

The cover comes off easily. Just pop the SIM card holder out and start at that point with your fingernail and just slide it around the entire length. There are a ton of very small connectors but they pop easily and you can hear each one unlatch.

I really don't see a reason they did not go forward with the covers as well as a removable battery like the OPPO Find 7. I guess they wanted to give people a reason to buy the Find 7 other than just the QHD screen.

Item #181559987186

Came faster than I expected.

Paid on 10/18 arrived today.

Last edited:
Curious, is the invite system still going ? I know they had a preorder event today, and the lucky few who for to preorder have lead times of like 7 to 8 WEEKS !

But with an invite it's only like 5 or 6 business days. So can you still use an invite and get it in a week ? And the Preorder people have to wait like 2 months ?

Curious, is the invite system still going ? I know they had a preorder event today, and the lucky few who for to preorder have lead times of like 7 to 8 WEEKS !

But with an invite it's only like 5 or 6 business days. So can you still use an invite and get it in a week ? And the Preorder people have to wait like 2 months ?

That is my understanding. The OnePlus blog or one of the announcements spoke about this and an invite will get served before pre-orders. An invite is supposed to get you to the front of the line.

Invites are fairly easy to find, if you frequent tech forums like this and others.

Invites are fairly easy to find, if you frequent tech forums like this and others.

True. There have been invites available in most every forum I frequent. Oneplus One forums have quickly become a bunch of 17 year olds whining about everything from invites to how to convince their parents to buy them a OnePlus with very few threads with any actual value in what is being posted.

Now my third day with the phone . Took off charger at 6:00am, and 15 hours later, still have 55% battery left, with 4h 18m Screen On time. I think this phone will get almost 9h Screen On time maybe !!!

This battery life is off the charts AWESOME, even better then the mighty Note 2 which is known as the best battery of the Note series.

This thing has piqued my interest.I'm sick of my gs4 battery only lasting 8 hours or less.

How long is it taking to get one of these once order is placed?

If you have an invite, you'll have it in about 5 business days.

The battery is insane...most likely do to CM running on it. CM helped my old GS3 battery life substantially. All that bloatware just sits and drains batteries I guess, that come with the carrier branded android phones.

This thing has piqued my interest.I'm sick of my gs4 battery only lasting 8 hours or less.

How long is it taking to get one of these once order is placed?

Mine took 5 days from when I placed the order to when it received. 3 of those were processing, then 2-day priority mail shipment.

Not sure if them opening orders is going to delay things for longer, but it may.

4th day with the phone, and holy crap AWESOME battery life :D Out of the 13 different Android phones I have owned the past five years, this OnePlus One is the battery champion.

31 hours off the charger, with 7h 23m Screen On time :eek: Majority of this on 4G network, maybe 1/3rd of the time on WiFi at most. I was hammering the phone at work the past two days, with phone calls, million texts, GPS, surfing the web a ton, etc...

Okay cool, 5 day wait I can do. I'm stuck in Brazil and wouldn't be able to get it until sometime in November anyway.

As I increasingly am dependent on my phone for work, something similarly vanilla/stock and tweakable like my Nexus 5 but with a battery life like these seems like a good device to investigate. If anybody here has an invite that's peachy; are there any specific forums/spots where people here have personally had good luck getting invites rather than scams?

As I increasingly am dependent on my phone for work, something similarly vanilla/stock and tweakable like my Nexus 5 but with a battery life like these seems like a good device to investigate. If anybody here has an invite that's peachy; are there any specific forums/spots where people here have personally had good luck getting invites rather than scams?

This phone rocks, and I really poo poo'd this company with the stupid invite system, and low inventory, etc...

But the phone is great, and not just because it's only $349, I would put this phone next to any of the Android flagships that sell for $650; Galaxy S5, LG G3, HTC One M8, the OnePlus One is every bit the equal to those phones, not a cheaper wannabe.

And yes the battery life is a champ.

Invites can be found here sometimes, I frequent this Forum a lot too, and got my invite there; http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

If I get an invite I will let you know first.

I think I remembered a post where the battery exploded for this phone..jeez I don't want to risk my legs

Check out OnePlus's Google+ page. Its where I got my invite:

https://plus.google.com/102032589992734862411

Troll through the posts for a while and you'll find someone giving them away for free (unlike their forums, where anyone "giving them away" will actually charge you $20 for the privilege).

Troll through the posts for a while and you'll find someone giving them away for free (unlike their forums, where anyone "giving them away" will actually charge you $20 for the privilege).

I didn't see anyone on their forums charging and I saw a lot of people offering them. I got mine within an hour or two of making a few posts on their forum. For free, of course.

No idea what was going on when you looked, but what you saw was NOT the norm.

I'm currently at 4-5 weeks for my pre-order. Hopefully I can find a code soon. My mom has been hasseling for me to get her a new phone so I am giving her my Nexus 5.

This phone has peaked my interest. No idea how to get an Invite though.
In Ireland so no one I know has one....or probably even know about it!

Back