slipperyskip's Level Eleven

There's awesome, and then there are slipperyskip's builds :D

i skimmed thru entire thread but didnt see this answered..

does it play the content its supposed to play?

i skimmed thru entire thread but didnt see this answered..

does it play the content its supposed to play?

No. Apparently it burst into flames and burned down my house. ;)

Front page article with the typical moronic comments. It brightens my Monday morning with humor. :D

No. Apparently it burst into flames and burned down my house. ;)

Front page article with the typical moronic comments. It brightens my Monday morning with humor. :D

? You state what its suppose to be able to do.. its looks pretty I was just asking if it does the media playback it claimed.. geez

Just saw this linked on Gizmodo. Congrats and awesome job. Can't wait to see what you do next.

I've been following this here, and it is definitely amazing work, but apparently the less computer inclined don't think as much. By that I am referring to Engadget and the ridiculous comments....everyone's a critic. I guess next time you'll have to put an i7, SLI'd GTX480s and maybe a RAID5 array in there to make people happy. Or just an Apple logo....

Beautiful workmanship, really inspires me to get my wooden case project going! :)

Very nicely done. Beautiful woodworking!
I wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. 1/2" of hardwood has about the same r-value as 2mm of aluminum or 1/10" plexiglass so you're not going to see a temp difference. And as far as burning goes, wood has an ignition point of between 400 and 600 degrees depending on species, many plastics including the type used in case windows will ignite at a little over 500 degrees so again no worries. SN63 solder, used in most circuit board construction melts at 360 degrees so the components will start falling off your motherboard before you'll ever set that case on fire.

i cringe to think what the less computer-inclined are saying about your beautifully small (but not cute) build in other threads. its a wonder of engineering AND art, and the fact that they would rather see pics of a thread where some idiot went to newegg and spent $3000 and then assembled it in half an hour than your painstakingly handcrafted work of art just shows how ignorant they are. keep up the good work. next i want to see a wood computer from you that fits INSIDE that soda can. :D

I've been reading these boards for some years now and have posted minimally. After reading and watching your progress, I was compelled to say, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

The Level 10 was innovative and cute and all, but this takes it to a whole new level. Simple, elegant, everythings streamlined beautifully, the color chosen...I AM A FAN! Good Job and I'd love to see more of your future endeavors. Keep up the great work!!!

saw you on engadget today! gratz on all the press, it's well deserved. already looking forward to the next one!

I am astounded at the level of skill and care that this project took. Absolutely magnificent :)
I cant wait for the next project.

Boy, the coke can looks completely different under natural lighting. Strange it can change so much!

:p

It looks a lot more subdued under natural lighting. Looks nice!

Boy, the coke can looks completely different under natural lighting. Strange it can change so much!

:p

It looks a lot more subdued under natural lighting. Looks nice!

Well it wanted to show off its vuvuzela but I had to draw the line somewhere. :D

Regarding the piece of cherrywood seams on the back, perhaps that middle piece could be sheet aluminum to match with your motif of the aluminum line going through the case.

I saw this work over at bit-tech when I posted pix of my tumbledown heap of a clunker there... I refuse to insult work like this by calling my own compy a mod.

You, sir, are simply amazing. There's no other word for it that I know of... "awesome" has long since lost its literality so I can't use that...

BTW, where is this mod now? (I speak out of curiosity and the extreme end of wishful thinking ;) )

Ah. I must be going blind again :p I'd read through that log earlier but didn't see that particular pic until now.

I would be very honored to hear your thoughts on my... well, I guess I'll just say my work. Again, I will *not* insult your amazing craft by calling my computer a mod.

In order to not (further?) hijack the thread... if you're interested, just PM me for the link.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the acero, could not resist to bump this one. Really cool, especially the final rendering which in my opinion is so hard as it can screw a project!

I mean you have your structure, your volumes, everything OK. And then the paint and finish make it shines and looks perfectly. I mean when I do something myself there is usually a huge issue between these two steps, lack of motivation, horrible paint and so on...

Back