• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

slipperyskip's Level Eleven

Have to say I was a little disappointed with that video. I've sent you something more critique-ish in a PM... I'm not sure how the rest of [H] would react if I put the full thing here!

I'll just leave it at: if you put this together yourself, your talents are far more oriented towards modding than towards video editing/production. If you paid someone to make this for you... well, I hope it didn't cost very much.
 
Hey troll. How's life under the bridge? Maybe someone should translate "completely over-the-top" in troll-talk to you.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. If anything, I'm a big fan -- and the video disappointed me because it didn't do your work justice. It's that the video isn't good enough to support the work, not the other way around. The work is awesome and inspiring; the video itself is bland and dull.

I really do look up to you, I *wish* I was that good -- at modding. Your modding work is beautiful. There is nothing I can truthfully say against it. At all. Ever. I would almost sell my soul for that kind of skill and ability. It's something I know I don't have, and probably never will, but it's useful and its products are awe-inspiring.

The video, well, I've done stuff like that before (once) and it's not anything that I brag about, for a reason. There are videos all over YouTube (literally!) that are slideshow vids with generic (or not-so-generic) music over the top. Anyone can do that. Anyone. It just doesn't stand out. The only good thing I can really say is that it's obviously not a PowerPoint (if it was, that would just be sad). Unfortunately, the only purpose I can see for this video, is running as a loop in some sort of show or exhibition. There's not enough there for it to be much more than that.

If that opinion --that the video doesn't show off your work well enough-- makes me a troll, then fine. In your eyes I'll be a troll. I hope that won't be the case, though -- it would be kind of sad to find out that you were such a prideful fellow that you couldn't even take some negative critique. I really do look up to you and your skills. I'd hate to have to change that.
 
Back
Top