slipperyskip's Level Eleven

*gets all curious and stuff*

Gimme details, darnit! :mad: :p

Hmm, someone was influences by Thermaltake's Level 10 :D

Actually, I prefer the Edelweiss case mod. I remember back in 2006 when I saw the original Edelweiss and I have been planning to do something similar ever since. I don't believe ThermalTake and BMW invented anything original in the Level 10. Just MHO, of course.

Actually, I prefer the Edelweiss case mod. I remember back in 2006 when I saw the original Edelweiss and I have been planning to do something similar ever since. I don't believe ThermalTake and BMW invented anything original in the Level 10. Just MHO, of course.

I remember seeing that mod too and thought it was amazing. All that BMW/TT did with Level 10 was make a more general case to fit the form factors. The Edelweiss is kind of a 1-off case with limited hard drive and drive bays. LVL10 takes that design and makes it more functional. Anyway, your Level 11 is look goooood ;) I just can't believe how small everything is.

*pokes head out of sand* wha? Slippery's at it again? SWEET! :cool:

Good hunch by 500_pts. I've got pics of Edelweiss occasionally set as my desktop and of course have seen the TT Level 10, but I had no clue what the heck was being made. SS Level 11 ftw!

That build is going to be beautiful. I'd love to create something custom and one-off like this one day. Keep it up!

As far as SSD heat. My pc has been on all day, and is very cool to the touch. Only thing is, it sits over top a 120MM fan in my RV01

It's like one of those wooden 3D puzzles :D

Do you use anything but good old-fashioned pen & paper to design it all, by the way? :)

For not being a woodworker, your woodworking skills are rather incredible :p

Awesome project.

*joins many in wishing she had even half the skills of slipperyskip*

Reading your worklogs always makes me want to put something together as well, preferably from wood :D

Mounting slimline optical drives is always a royal pain in the ***. I really like your solution, which is just a dado-ed piece of material, slid over the drive's overhanging thingy, yes?

Mounting slimline optical drives is always a royal pain in the ***. I really like your solution, which is just a dado-ed piece of material, slid over the drive's overhanging thingy, yes?

Not even that complicated. lol The drive will be tightly boxed-in in every direction except the back where the cable and adapter are. The connected IDE cable itself will keep the drive in place in normal use but I've got something extra in mind to completely secure it. Stay tuned.

Back