Sleeping Dogs 75%off! Today only!

Is the DLC worth it really or is it just a bunch of outfits and special guns that do extra damage? I'm in for the base game and i'm on the fence about the DLC.

Is the DLC worth it really or is it just a bunch of outfits and special guns that do extra damage? I'm in for the base game and i'm on the fence about the DLC.

Honestly, DLC is almost never worth it. Bethesda might have gotten the most crap for their "horse armor" DLC before, but most DLC is honestly no better than that. ANY company that does the DLC thing will throw ANYTHING out in DLC if they think it can get them a few extra bucks. Some companies even use it as a way to publish an incomplete game, and force people to buy DLC if they want the game that should have been released in the first place. Just like how broadband connections and automatic updates have made it okay for game companies (and even console makers such as Nintendo with the Wii U) to publish a product so full of bugs you can't even complete it, only to require large patches at release time. That way they can just give us beta code on a DVD and require us to download the real release version.

I've seen this game on ridiculous sale so many times lately that it seems like a joke of some sort. It must not be selling or something.

I've seen this game on ridiculous sale so many times lately that it seems like a joke of some sort. It must not be selling or something.

That is fairly common in the PC market; heck I only think of CoD and Diablo 3 when I think of examples of games that rarely go on sale.

One gaming site called this "Grand Theft Asia" -- is that about right? Been on the fence about picking this up because the gameplay vids look like a GTAIV copy/paste job - not that thats a bad thing but been there/done that. One guy on the forum here posted a vidcap of his playthrough and at one point he was just sitting there doing karaoke in a bar for 10 minutes :facepalm:

I should prob try for myself.

Yeah, it's free roam (sandbox) like GTA. Pretty much a reskin imo. I enjoy it.

I paid 13.50 for it and was worth every peny had over 35 hours in it. It's really rare that I beat a game now days and I played this nonstop. Has a good story and the hand to hand combat was nice.

anyone think there might be a goty version of this? or is any of the dlc even worth it. i ask cuz my backlog is too large and i can wait...but should i is my question

The first two times I tried to buy this on Steam yesterday, the transaction supposedly failed, except I got billed both times. It was successful on the third time, so the game eventually cost me $37.47 ($12.49 x 3). I've sent a support ticket in, no response yet.

The first two times I tried to buy this on Steam yesterday, the transaction supposedly failed, except I got billed both times. It was successful on the third time, so the game eventually cost me $37.47 ($12.49 x 3). I've sent a support ticket in, no response yet.

Lucky you, I only had access to a phone and forgot my login info.

One gaming site called this "Grand Theft Asia" -- is that about right? Been on the fence about picking this up because the gameplay vids look like a GTAIV copy/paste job - not that thats a bad thing but been there/done that. One guy on the forum here posted a vidcap of his playthrough and at one point he was just sitting there doing karaoke in a bar for 10 minutes :facepalm:

I should prob try for myself.

The game is more like Batman: Arkham City IMO. Brawling is the main focus. Gun play is good but they are hard to come by and rarely keep anything larger than a pistol for more than a mission. It gets compared to GTA just because you can steal cars and drive around but feels much different to me.

I went ahead and bit on the whole package.

$25 for $100 worth of content seemed like a decent enough deal to me, even if the DLC ends up being useless.

I just picked up a couple of the DLC's, just missions really.

As far as the game goes, the environment is gorgeous. Especially when it rains, the neon lights reflecting off the ground is awesome. Not due to the language barrier, I think I just like the soundtrack better from GTA IV. Being able to switch from talk radio to hip hop to metal was something I just came to expect from a game like this, especially since Saints Row the 3rd did it as well. Driving takes some getting used to, but they handle better than SR3's cars IMO.

I'm liking it so far. I can see why it was so well received.

This game is awesome. Only played it for an hour so far but I am loving it. Kind of has a shenmue meets gta feel to it.

Dang I bit on the dlc - cost more than the game - hope they add some value. I remember the dlc in borderland were actually very good; and the ones in mass effect are good but not good for the price.

Back