Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

Hi Guys i just got a new moniter a 29 in LG Ultrawide 2560X1080P resolution and im trying to create that custom rez to play skyrim, i tried the .ini edit but it doesnt seem to work, any ideas? Thanks.

You should:
A) Take a picture of your monitor and show us
B) Take a screenshot of your game when you get it working and show us

:)

You should:
A) Take a picture of your monitor and show us
B) Take a screenshot of your game when you get it working and show us

:)
Hey Guys Check out the Display section here on Hard I got a Thread up with Pictures, I'm still working on Skyrim.

Last edited:
v3.2 of SkyUI has been publicly released which includes an active effects HUD and other goodies. :)

Is there a way to figure out which mod is causing crashes? I haven't been able to play in a month because of constant crashing. I'm getting 70 - 90 fps in game but steadily crashing. Zero slowdowns and hiccups; then sudden CTD. Here's a list of things I have tried.

I have deleted my Skyrim installation and reinstalled it.
I have run Tes5edit and cleaned the few files it said to clean.
I have reinstalled the mods one by one. This doesn't work as the game will crash at random points.
I ran Boss and let it set the load order.
I let Nexus Mod Manager install the mods.
I check for new versions of mods daily and try them.
I renamed my custom Skyrim.ini and Skyrim.pref and allowed the game to generate it's own.
I deleted all of my save games.

For the longest time I had an extra race that I could choose that had the name 3x "Square" and the description was some squares. When npc's walk they slide across the screen as if some animation mod gone wrong. So I deleted all of my animation mods from NMM. Finally after more deleting of mods I got rid of the extra race. Everything is fine now until I jump out of the tower in the beginning and have to follow the Imperial. He starts sliding and I CTD 100% of the time.

Is it possible that the mods are corrupted within NMM so that when I reinstall them it's causing crashing? Shouldn't NMM check for this or is there a way to check? NMM 44.1 won't work at all for me so I found 43.2. Is there a way for me to list my mods that I'm trying so I can post them? Heck does anyone have a list of mods that work well together? I can't stand the default textures and I really want to play. I haven't been able to play the game since Dragonborn came out.

Sorry if I sound frustrated as I certainly am. Been working on this nearly everyday for hours and hours trying to get a working mod list. I just don't know what to do.

When you deleted your Skyrim install, did you go and delete the old Data folder that was there? If not, you have some remnants of some old mods in there.

When you deleted your Skyrim install, did you go and delete the old Data folder that was there? If not, you have some remnants of some old mods in there.

Yes, I went and manually deleted that also. I used Winrar last night to verify the mod folders that NMM had downloaded also.

Going to wipe the Skyrim install again and see if I can get it to work. I guess some mod has hooked permanently into the game and causing this as uninstalling all of them causes the same problems.

You can post your load order using Wrye Bash. I don't know if NMM has a function to do this (I would imagine so). You can also go to C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Skyrim and open loadorder.txt and copy the text here as that contains your load order. Without knowing which mods you have and the load order, we cannot help a whole lot.

However, skating monsters are usually caused by mods that are modifying the vanilla spawn points. You also have to watch out when updating mods that affect vanilla spawn points as even the updates can cause skating monsters. Sometimes it is best not to use an update for a mod until you start a new game.

The squares sound like a translation issue. Using any foreign mods?

By the way, BOSS will not inform you of all unclean mods. Only mods that were added after TES5Edit was released, and also any mods that were released before TES5Edit and have been reported by users to be unclean will contain those notes. I just go down my load order cleaning each mod unless I know those dirty edits are intentional.

Finally, if TES5Edit reports a deleted navmesh (or more than one deleted navmeshes) for a mod, then definitely decide if you want to use that mod. If another mod modifies that section of navmesh then you'll get a CTD the moment you load that cell. I think all three of the official DLC have deleted navmesh pieces but they are worth it, except Hearthfire, IMO. :) I love Bethesda's sloppy work.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on mods to make spell casting actually fun and rewarding to play, but not OP? I tried with the base spells, but they're so weak (and you're so weak) I found myself kiting even single mobs forever.

I think I'd like to start a 2nd playthrough and maybe pick up the DLC as well.

I may have found the culprit. I forgot that I had tried a potion mod when long ago and was subscribed to it from the Steam Workshop. With a brand new install I had the same problem. So then I saw that I had subscribed to this evil thing...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7520&searchtext=lightweight+potions

At least it doesn't take me long to download the game again.

JustinOther is an excellent modder so I'm not sure if removing that mod will help much. I suppose if you're using another mod that edits potions then it may help with the crashing.

Any recommendations on mods to make spell casting actually fun and rewarding to play, but not OP? I tried with the base spells, but they're so weak (and you're so weak) I found myself kiting even single mobs forever.

I think I'd like to start a 2nd playthrough and maybe pick up the DLC as well.

Get that one ring in the Dragonborn DLC that gives you the spell Ignite. The burning effect stacks so you can just cast it a few times on an enemy and it'll quickly kill the enemy. :D

I haven't tried many spell mods so I'm not sure if they are usually overpowered. IMO, Apocalypse looks like the best mod that adds more spells and is regularly updated.

Not sure if Midas Magic is still updated, but they had a cool way of adding spells, where you had to craft them by getting ingredients in the world. They had a sweet vine spell which would help kite people.

How difficult would it be to whip up a mod that allows more than one bandolier to be worn, for instance? I don't like how there's no belts, and the bandolier mod has a craftable bandolier to be worn around your waist, as well as ones to wear on your chest / shoulder. Would be nice to be able to wear both at once.

Also would be nice if identical crafted items that have more than one recipe weren't listed in the craft list for each recipe, it really makes the craft menu a mile long...

JustinOther is an excellent modder so I'm not sure if removing that mod will help much. I suppose if you're using another mod that edits potions then it may help with the crashing.

Deleting that mod fixed my problems with Skyrim. With a new install using stock settings, the game crashes with that mod enabled. The first Imperial that tried to help you escape slides across the ground when he walks. Also at the very beginning when you are riding the the cart with the other prisoners, you will hit 2 bumps in the road that will nearly turn the cart over if that mod is enabled. Might also explain when I was playing before that kettles would fly across the room and kill me if I bumped into them. I have all the expansions and not enrolled in the beta.

I'm just happy to have my game back and playable. :)

How difficult would it be to whip up a mod that allows more than one bandolier to be worn, for instance? I don't like how there's no belts, and the bandolier mod has a craftable bandolier to be worn around your waist, as well as ones to wear on your chest / shoulder. Would be nice to be able to wear both at once.

Also would be nice if identical crafted items that have more than one recipe weren't listed in the craft list for each recipe, it really makes the craft menu a mile long...

Changing the armor/accessory slot it uses should allow you to use both at once. Easy to change.

As for the crafting menu, yeah it sucks.

Deleting that mod fixed my problems with Skyrim. With a new install using stock settings, the game crashes with that mod enabled. The first Imperial that tried to help you escape slides across the ground when he walks. Also at the very beginning when you are riding the the cart with the other prisoners, you will hit 2 bumps in the road that will nearly turn the cart over if that mod is enabled. Might also explain when I was playing before that kettles would fly across the room and kill me if I bumped into them. I have all the expansions and not enrolled in the beta.

I'm just happy to have my game back and playable. :)

So on a completely vanilla Skyrim, that single mod caused all those problems? I cannot see how as then no one would be able to even use that mod. I guess we'll never know. :)

Not sure if Midas Magic is still updated, but they had a cool way of adding spells, where you had to craft them by getting ingredients in the world. They had a sweet vine spell which would help kite people.

Hasn't been updated but there is a patched esp file to fix the bad stuff in the mod (I have it somewhere in my list in the OP).

Is there a mod that allows me to use the weapon cases in my hearthfire homes? I hate not being able to put stuff in them.

Is there a mod that allows me to use the weapon cases in my hearthfire homes? I hate not being able to put stuff in them.

Well, assuming the display cases are triggered when the parent marker is enabled (or disabled) when the player buys the upgrade, then I would think that it would just be a matter of adding the display cases that have the activators for the player to place things in them, tying them to the parent marker, and disabling the original display cases. I don't own Hearthfire so I don't know.

I don't recall seeing any mods that do this either.

Edit:
Here's one but it also does some other stuff:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107853860

And he has the mods for the other houses too:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058489471/myworkshopfiles/?72850

And it looks like that tropical mod that I linked to earlier has been released:
Tropical Skyrim -- A Climate Overhaul
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017

Last edited:

Unless I missed something, display cases are just as borked in Hearthfire as they are in the vanilla game. You have to open the case, the drop the weapon/item you want to put in the case and then "grab" (hold "e") the item and drop it into the case. They are not like the weapon/shield wracks were you just use them and it pull whatever item you have equipped.

Hey DJ--i was putting together a barebones list for my brother, so he just hits on a few mods and ini tweaks. I noticed that you don't have a reference to changing the length of day in your tips and tweaks.

Is this because it was found to mess things up? Do you currently set your days to be longer?

Hey DJ--i was putting together a barebones list for my brother, so he just hits on a few mods and ini tweaks. I noticed that you don't have a reference to changing the length of day in your tips and tweaks.

Is this because it was found to mess things up? Do you currently set your days to be longer?

Timescale starts to break the game just like vsync. Stores will open/close later, physics will start to go out of wack, generally bad things so I don't mess with those values.

Timescale starts to break the game just like vsync. Stores will open/close later, physics will start to go out of wack, generally bad things so I don't mess with those values.

Thanks for the confirmation. Such a shame though, damnit. What's the default day? like an hour?

Do you have evidence on this as I've never heard it before concerning Skyrim. I play at a value of 10 and haven't seen any problems in over a 100 hours of gameplay. I've never seen anyone say anything bad about it on the official forums either except at low values (like 5).

Thanks for the confirmation. Such a shame though, damnit. What's the default day? like an hour?

Default is 20, so 20x faster than real-time. Should be 72 minutes for a day.

I thought default was 30, not 20. I use 5 and it doesn't cause me any problems. I remember in Oblivion using a real-time value of 1 would break the one quest where you go inside the painting and fight the trolls, where the exit door wouldn't appear after taking care of the trolls, but changing it back to default and back fixed it.

I thought default was 30, not 20. I use 5 and it doesn't cause me any problems. I remember in Oblivion using a real-time value of 1 would break the one quest where you go inside the painting and fight the trolls, where the exit door wouldn't appear after taking care of the trolls, but changing it back to default and back fixed it.

Oblivion is 30, Skyrim is 20.

Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to remove an item's enchantment without destroying it?

Damn! I just found out some sad news: Apparently the guy who made the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul texture pack is now banned from skyrimnexus:
nexus forums said:
Starac is now banned from this site for violation of both site regulations and Bethesda's policy on forcing payment for mod content.

User files have been locked, and comments closed.

Guess 2k isn't that bad =P

Do you want this to affect DLC items too?

Nah, I'm just looking for a mod that will allow me to remove an item's enchantment so that I use a different enchantment without having to make a brand new item. All the items I want to change are vanilla items.

Nah, I'm just looking for a mod that will allow me to remove an item's enchantment so that I use a different enchantment without having to make a brand new item. All the items I want to change are vanilla items.

Enchantment Cleanser
Hasn't been updated in a long time and the author will likely never return.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9894
The Steam Workshop version has a newer update date so maybe it is slightly more up-to-date than the Nexus version:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=11843

Soul Eater the Enchantment Removing Chest
A more updated version of Enchantment Cleanser.
http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27450/

So, have any of you tried Tropical Skyrim?

Will add to list:
Mature skin texture and body for UNP
This mods replaces the textures and normal maps of females with less flawless and more "mature" look. Works with UNP and vanilla bodies.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32986/

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to use/adjust Skyrim's default static DoF with ENB? The one that creates a distant blur. I have a feeling the setting is somewhere in one of the ENB fx files.

I was going to wait a few versions. Looks promising though.

That's always a good idea. I would give it a go for funsies but I'd probably want to make a duplicate of my current Skyrim installation just so I know that I didn't mess up my mods.

Edit: Aren't mods great? http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/33269-2-1363228510.jpg :D

Edit #2: Will add to list:
Sheep Modders Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33273

Static Armour Stands
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1480-static-armour-stands/

Insanity's Log Hut Resource
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1477-insanitys-log-hut-resource/

Far Off ENB
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33268

Edit #3:
List is up-to-date. I'll be adding/removing some mods from my recommendation list (done!) and going through the various lists to remove any out-of-date mods.

Last edited:
I'd buy one of these for $150 but $300 is too expensive for me:
http://store.bethsoft.com/dragonborn-statue-deposit.html
Y9QvvYD.jpg

:eek: Does...does that....THING...wow. Can it follow you around for portable storage? :D

Nah, it's just a mod that allows you to wear a treasure chest. :)

Lol that's great.

And that Far Off ENB looks pretty nice imo. I was actually thinking it looked like the forests on the Olympic peninsula, and low and behold he designed it to look like the pacific northwest =P

Yeah, it seems like a good looking ENB.

Nah, it's just a mod that allows you to wear a treasure chest. :)

Is the chest usable then? I mean, if so, what's to stop you from turning a follower into a treasure chest with legs by having them equip it lol...

Back