Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

Going to do an os upgrade to 7. Is this dlc a new standalone game or do I need to save my old files. I was going to just do a fresh install of everything. Seems like the best idea.

It has the same concept as Dawnguard:
It is not standalone.
You may have to be a certain level to "officially" start it.
Works with new and old saved games. I also haven't had any problems with the mods I'm using (around 90 esp/esm mods and many retextures/remeshes).

It has the same concept as Dawnguard:
It is not standalone.
You may have to be a certain level to "officially" start it.
Works with new and old saved games. I also haven't had any problems with the mods I'm using (around 90 esp/esm mods and many retextures/remeshes).

I was just coming in here to ask you how the new dlc was doing with all your mods.
Nice to hear everything is working nicely together.

Thanks for all the work on this thread. Very helpful for people who like to come back later on and see all the new mods and dlc.

I was just coming in here to ask you how the new dlc was doing with all your mods.
Nice to hear everything is working nicely together.

Thanks for all the work on this thread. Very helpful for people who like to come back later on and see all the new mods and dlc.

Same here. I held out buying it because I started a new run (and install, mods etc) and did not want to deal with mod issues. Good to see there does not seem to be any yet. I’ll probably still give it a week or two to be safe.

The only problematic DLC so far was Hearthfire. Dawnguard was pretty good with compatibility, and Dragonborn touches very little in Skyrim (though it does have one deleted navmesh in it, which certainly can cause problems).

I'm very pleased with this DLC and I think I'll have fun modding it too.

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31083

1.5 gb update today? Weird. I already DL the Dragonborn and played for a sec to check. Got greeted by the new bad guys and I thought I had DL everything already. What's this? A new texture pack?

1.5 gb update today? Weird. I already DL the Dragonborn and played for a sec to check. Got greeted by the new bad guys and I thought I had DL everything already. What's this? A new texture pack?

Yes they updated the HD texture pack.

Lot of great mentions in here and a some mentions that I haven't tried myself. Another I've heard great things about is Oblivion with the Duke Patrick's combat mods.

Enhanced Cities: Raven Rock
I suggest giving his other Enhanced Cities mods a look as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125444653

Faction: Pit Fighter Travels Add-On
Expansion for Pit Fighter.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125029519

A quick Telvanni player house located in Tel Mithryn that I'm making for myself and will release if it is any good. I really like how much customization can be done with the root models:
TESV2012-12-2514-28-52-09sdA-2_zps2ce01395.jpg

I look forward to seeing some new Mods around the DB update. I like the new vanilla Nordic Armor, I am anxious to see the CBBE vanilla version of it.

my game is unstable now? changed some ini settings, the suggested tweaks here to try and improve shadows.

http://www.rcrncommunity.com/five-quick-skyrim-tweaks-you-may-not-know

loaded in, game ran ok but was stuttering, then i got killed by a giant and the game would not reload. went to my mod manager and monster wars was disabled? dunno. need to install new os i think. having other weird issues too.

a bit off topic but what would be a cheap improvement over my vanilla evga 670? do the 7970s work better now or ?

my game is unstable now? changed some ini settings, the suggested tweaks here to try and improve shadows.

http://www.rcrncommunity.com/five-quick-skyrim-tweaks-you-may-not-know

loaded in, game ran ok but was stuttering, then i got killed by a giant and the game would not reload. went to my mod manager and monster wars was disabled? dunno. need to install new os i think. having other weird issues too.

a bit off topic but what would be a cheap improvement over my vanilla evga 670? do the 7970s work better now or ?

Some of those shadow tweaks will drastically reduce your shadow distance.

Post your load order.

By the way, if you need to reload your saved game, it is best to restart Skyrim and then load otherwise some stuff might get left behind. This is also true for Oblivion and likely FO3/FNV.

Why do you want to replace your 670?

I am seeing mem usage above 2gb atm. The game runs fine inside but when I go out it drops from 110-120 to 60-80. I know I can tweak that but was just curious if the 3gb 7970 would make a difference. Or a 4gb 670 like Galaxy makes. My card runs pretty quiet at stock but when I oc it the noise level is more than preferable. Just being picky. It isn't loud, just loud enough at 60% and above fan level.

I had RCRN installed and took that and monster wars out and re-ordered the High res texture pack to the bottom of the list with the unofficial patch as the very last to load. Game runs fine now. Just not quite what I want performance wise. I don't have any room for improvement in IQ unless I can figure out ENB and tweak the crap out of the game to reduce mem usuage.

I am seeing mem usage above 2gb atm. The game runs fine inside but when I go out it drops from 110-120 to 60-80. I know I can tweak that but was just curious if the 3gb 7970 would make a difference.
More memory may help with stuttering, but won't drastically improve frame rates otherwise.

Upon a bit of research, it looks like a 4gb 670 or 680 is the best upgrade I could swing atm. The textures can push things over 3gb even and the max vram I can utilize on my 64 bit sys is 4gb. A 32 bit os can only utilize 2gb vram. So to get rid of the stuttering and stay at my native 1080P resolution, I need to go to 4gb or reduce textures outdoors.

Or use lower res textures. I run lots of texture mods but usually avoid 2048x2048 res textures since the gains are minimal over 1024x1024. VRAM usually tops out at 2GB running at 2560x1440 res.

Do you use the creation kit for that or can I mod the ini file? I guess I need to finally force myself to learn enb. I have a weird learning disability called lazy biatch. That's russian for unicorn feces.

I had RCRN installed and took that and monster wars out and re-ordered the High res texture pack to the bottom of the list with the unofficial patch as the very last to load.

If you have a bunch of mods, you really should use BOSS to order them for best stability and functionality.

This X10.

BOSS makes modding damned easy.

Yup, along with Nexus Mod Manager, it's a pretty painless process. I remember trying to juggle Skyrim mods before any stuff like this was developed. That was just terrible.

Boss and mod manger do make it easy. However, getting the damn shadows right is going to take actual ENB work which isn't something you can just DL and install with either. I REALLY want to fix the damn shadows more than I think is healthy. Going to dive into it this weekend with both feet.

I still want more gpu power though. I think the impending new gpu release with Titan and amd (when? isn't that overdue?) is making me itch for an upgrade. I don't really need one. Just want a new shiny.

This ENB looks promising. Has some good notes in the description too.

YAENB - Compatible with CoT RLO Relighting Skyrim- Includes SMAA KYO Preset by narphous

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31141

As always, DJ2004 is the man. This is one of the best threads ever in H. Skyrim has become the example of what games can become if you just let them be modded. Amazing work being done.

Last edited:
That ENB may murder your 670. :) The author states everything is on, and I know that ENB reflections annihilate my FPS.

And I just released my Telvanni house mod:
Abandoned Telvanni Player House
A basic starter home just so the player has a place to store stuff right off the bat.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31192/

I REALLY want to fix the damn shadows more than I think is healthy.

Make sure to take a look at some real shadows. Most of the shadow ini tweaks try to make them far sharper than reality. Real shadows are significantly blurred and softened (since real lights aren't point sources). In my opinion, you don't want to up the shadow mask resolution but instead up the blur level.

I believe I run either 1024 or 2048 on the shadow resolutions with iBlurDeferredShadowMask=9 (higher for more blur) and iShadowMaskQuarter=2 (smaller for softer). I think it looks more realistic and with the lower resolution on the shadow mask resolutions, I get significantly better performance.

That helped. Also ran TES5Edit, BOSS and updated skse which I had not done in a while. Game is happier and looking much cleaner. Still work to be done but heading in the right direction now.

Are there some good settings to keep your character from looking so dark at night and dark at day? The self shadowing tends to go overboard.

Are there some good settings to keep your character from looking so dark at night and dark at day? The self shadowing tends to go overboard.

I can't recall having that problem with ENB. Or does that happen without ENB?

I can't recall having that problem with ENB. Or does that happen without ENB?

Well vanilla had it a little too excessively especially on cloudy days, ENB seems to add to it. Just look at the screenshots on that ENB mod posted a few posts ago by spaceman. Rare lighting situations have things look normal otherwise it's shadowfest the characters.

Well vanilla had it a little too excessively especially on cloudy days, ENB seems to add to it. Just look at the screenshots on that ENB mod posted a few posts ago by spaceman. Rare lighting situations have things look normal otherwise it's shadowfest the characters.

The ENB he posted is very dark in everything.

TESV2013-02-0722-08-54-215_zps4fd6657f.jpg

TESV2013-02-0722-06-16-969_zps46534f12.jpg

Can't really see it in the photos but I am still getting a bit of striping with the shadows. They are much better though. I just installed ENB and have not tweaked it at all. Can you just load other peoples ENB by copy/paste over the vanilla?

The shadow striping isn't caused by that light source, right?

And yes, ENB is just copied/pasted into the Skyrim folder. It can be more complicated with some ENB presets.

Made another mod:
Telvanni Bug Musk Merchant
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31211

TESV2012-11-0218-58-37-95sssA_zps7b0bd242.jpg

Last edited:
No all shadows have the same weird flickering. Much better than it was but still not natural looking.

I see. A combination of ini tweaks and maybe some ENB tweaking might help. You'll likely be able to blur/soften the edges.

Here is how mine look near a light source:

Outside:

Last edited:
Yeah. Need to whittle it down. So many little things to learn.

Btw, reading the ENB forums, Boris is the main guy right? Why does he have such a shitty rig? Has he not updated in forever? I feel bad for someone who has done so much to have to game on what I saw in his sig:

athlon ii x3 2.9hgz, 3gb ram, geforce 9600 gt 512 mb, creative x-fi xtreme music, 8 tb hdd, gigabyte ga-m61p-s3, corsair hx620, winxp x86

He recently upgraded his video card, I think. Might've been to the 9600 GT.

He recently upgraded his video card, I think. Might've been to the 9600 GT.

That's nuts! How does he actually test his code? Surely not on that... How can he do case testing when his machine can't handle most of the cases?

That's nuts! How does he actually test his code? Surely not on that... How can he do case testing when his machine can't handle most of the cases?

I don't know. I really think he deserves a kickstarter or something. I have $5 for him.

I see. A combination of ini tweaks and maybe some ENB tweaking might help. You'll likely be able to blur/soften the edges.

Here is how mine look near a light source:

Outside:

May I ask what armor mod that is?

Back