Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

if i read this post i might just not graduate college

you can graduate from college any time. but in a few years you'll be too creepy to talk to college girls. so dont play games at the expense of playing with college girls.
 
Can anyone tell me how to bind sprint to num1/End? Keeps telling me that the button is reserved and I cant find out what it is bound to. Please, no jokes about me using the arrow keys :D

Edit: Got it after alot of reading and first time doing a mod.
 
Last edited:
Since I had such issues with my ATI cards, eyefinity, crossfire, and DOF in ENB I thought I would share what worked for me, as it was very frustrating.

Many ATI cards, in crossfire, have issues with DOF (depth of field) when using ENB. Typically this will manifest itself in the entire picture being blurry.

The solution, for me, slightly differs from what is out there on other forums. In order to get DOF to work I had to create an application profile which used the predefined darksiders profile(not darksiders 2 as that resulted in poor framerates). This resulted in a nice smooth play experience, good framerates, and DOF working correctly.

Other users have used the assasins creed profile, however when I tried this my framerates dropped substantially and I observed a choppy effect which fraps did not indicate, as FPS did not drop.

If you use the default 3D settings, or you use the predefined skyrim profile, you will likely get a picture which is entirely blurred when using DOF in ENB.

The only remaining issue I have is when I go to turn off the letterbox effect in ENB. When I edit the proper ENB DLL file I place a "//" in-front of the value for letterbox. This does eliminate the letterbox black bars however it also cause DOF to not work. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
 
I got annoyed with the performance hit and glitches with ENB and just went back to doing AF and AO through the NVIDIA drivers (I hate DOF, so didn't lose anything there).

No matter which presets I tried, there was always some significant shortcoming (occasional translucent textures such as trees and dungeon walls, washed out skies, messed up light sources, etc.).

Now I'm just using Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel with Enhanced Lights and FX and I'm pretty content with it.
 
Are some ENB settings more stable than others?

Yes. It depends what settings are turned on in the config and also what extra stuff is bundled with the ENB preset.

No matter which presets I tried, there was always some significant shortcoming (occasional translucent textures such as trees and dungeon walls, washed out skies, messed up light sources, etc.).

Interesting as I get none of those issues.
 
Interesting as I get none of those issues.

Well, looks like I figured it out. You have to add bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 to your skyrimprefs.ini file and I had bFloatingPointRenderTarget=1.

Hmm, nope, that's not it. Still seeing it.
 
Last edited:
Silly Parja.

Ha, ok, so I thought you had to ADD bFloating... since it wasn't in the ini to start. So I changed it to bFloat... and didn't notice that it's already in there (set to 0). So I got rid of the duplicate, set it to 1, and NOW it seems to be working without the weird translucence.
 
Are there any good mods out there that revamp the Skyrim Civil War? I always feel like kind of a scumbag no matter which side I choose.
 
Has anyone tried this mod:
Demon Werewolf Replacer
http://www.moddb.com/mods/skymomod-v12/downloads/demon-werewolf-replacer

I want to but I'm still not finished with the Companion quest line.

Bummer. Guess I'll just skip it and let the Skyrim Cold War continue!

Side with the Empire. The Stormcloaks are a bunch of milk drinkers.


Will add to list:
Achieve That
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30212

K ENB
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30158

Forgotten Magic
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23625

Edit:
2-15-13: Added all mods up to post 1-20-13.
 
Last edited:
Demon Werewolf Replacer's model and textures are nice but the animations obviously will look a bit off for the kill moves. Sound effects don't seem to work either (maybe just mispackaged).

Some werewolf mods that I like:
Werewolf Mastery
Lots of options for customization and includes the ability to loot bodies. Mod author is also active. I'd love to see this mod use MCM.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25392

Predator Vision - Vampire and Werewolf
Made by Gopher so it is well-made and easy to use.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22274

Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul
I quickly witnessed how wimpy the vanilla sound effects were for werewolves and I found this replacer. Has some nice texture replacers too.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13779

Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper
Does what it says, at least in my brief testing. Version 2.1 worked fine and is more conflict-free than version 3.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13905

Some I haven't tried but may try in the future:
Werewolf Perks Expanded - Dawnguard
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22134

Tales of Lycanthropy - Werewolf Overhaul
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12687
 
I'll try to update the list today. Some new ones:
Brows
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30411

Eldergleam Dragon Bones
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30331

Enhanced HD Dragon Bones
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28741

Alchemists Hidden Valley
<3 Blary.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30545

Some modder resources:
Ingredients in a Jar Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30601

Ingredients Drawer Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30600

Alchemy Clutter Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30599

Ingredients Wall Art Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30602

Moth in Cage Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30603

Tagged Chest Resource
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30604

And a small and unrealistic mod that I released earlier today:
The Dainty Sload Unfurled
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30561


TESV2012-11-0218-58-37-95sssm.jpg
 
Last edited:
Love that alchemists hideout mod.

I just searched the nexus... it's too bad they haven't figured out a buff timer mod :(
 
Any Song of Ice and Fire fans try out this Game of Thrones Adaptation Mod? The storyline takes a different turn from that of the books/show, but it seems to fold it fairly seamlessly into the vanilla Skyrim storyline.
 
Sounds like it is the same storyline as what is in Skyrim, but with the various factions/locations/names replaced with those from GoT?
 
Do new expansions break old mods?

DLC? Some mods, such as SKSE, need to be updated for the new patch that usually comes tagged along with a DLC release. And sometimes mods are incompatible with the DLC, which isn't too common.
 
Sounds like it is the same storyline as what is in Skyrim, but with the various factions/locations/names replaced with those from GoT?

Yeah, that seems to be mostly what it is. All of the dialogue text has been updated with GoT characters and location references, most of the cities and villages have been renamed to GoT locations, and many of the significant characters have been redone to look like characters from the GoT show. But other than the addition of the new Dragonstone area, the storyline all seems to be pretty much the same as vanilla Skyrim. It got old pretty quickly that all of the spoken dialogue is still vanilla Skyrim and just the captions have been updated. It would be a ridiculously big undertaking to redo all of the spoken dialogue, but without it, it'll just doesn't feel right.
 
Some mods; some will be added to the list:
Crafting for Mages
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31009

Insanitys Shields
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31002

Grimys Enchanted Loot Expansion
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31001

Knapsack Backpacks
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30986

Dead Body Collision Fix
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30947

SSO - Skyrim Sound Overhaul
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30864

Guess the Distance - Perceptive Scouting
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30816

Labeled Mines
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30804
 
It looks like WATER already has a beneficial effect on the new waves found in Dragonborn, as they don't look like the jello that Xbox 360 users have:
TESV2012-12-2514-28-52-09sdC_zps7359bcf8.jpg
 
Going to do an os upgrade to 7. Is this dlc a new standalone game or do I need to save my old files. I was going to just do a fresh install of everything. Seems like the best idea.
 
Back
Top