Single Res - dual pump.

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Corsair 1000D, dual system (10980XE + 10900k server). Air-cooling/AIO cooling on this (which was always supposed to be a temporary plan) has proven... yeah. No joy. Either I'm blocking too many PCIE slots for an air cooler that is potent enough to keep the 10900 cool... or I'm cooking the thing. Oops? Didn't do a lot of measuring here.

So, custom water it is. Looking at EKWB - do they have any reservoirs that actually would work well to feed TWO pumps? Or, should I just run two separate loops - one for each system?

Corsair 1000D, dual system (10980XE + 10900k server). Air-cooling/AIO cooling on this (which was always supposed to be a temporary plan) has proven... yeah. No joy. Either I'm blocking too many PCIE slots for an air cooler that is potent enough to keep the 10900 cool... or I'm cooking the thing. Oops? Didn't do a lot of measuring here.

So, custom water it is. Looking at EKWB - do they have any reservoirs that actually would work well to feed TWO pumps? Or, should I just run two separate loops - one for each system?
EK has the EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5. It doesn't have a integrate res with it. You can run any rea with it that you want.

Those are serial- for powering one loop with two pumps, rather than two outlets. I can’t do these in serial; there’s a decent chance one or the other system could be shut off at any time, and if it’s the one powering the loop, bad juju.

Those are serial- for powering one loop with two pumps, rather than two outlets. I can’t do these in serial; there’s a decent chance one or the other system could be shut off at any time, and if it’s the one powering the loop, bad juju.
Ah I see. I miss understood what you wanted. You probably want something like this assume. It has multiple inlets/outlets you could use.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-250

If you're not stuck on EK, I would recommend the Alphacool Repack Dual D5.

Ok. So oddly enough, dual pumps/single res costs about the same as two separate loops. Is there a benefit to running loops through a single res?

If both pumps are running, it allows temperatures to average out between both loops. In the case where one loop has excess cooling capacity due to the components running under low load, it can help lower the temperature of the other loop. Downside is that one loop can't be taken offline while the other remains functional.

I'd probably run two separate loops just so I could service them individually. It's not like that case isn't big enough.

The Paul's Hardware guy had a series of videos a year or three ago where he built a system like you're describing in that case, and he did it with two loops and a bunch of quick connect fittings.

Back