Simcity 5

CptFalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone have any info? I'm dying to see what brilliant game Maxis will bring us. :D

I haven't heard anything, but gamespot has a snippet about a Sim City title being developed for the DS.

i think 3 is pretty good. good level of complication without being too complex to manage. i did get some great cities in 4 though

I played 4 just before christmas, spent a few hours 4-5 building a great big city using the biggest map section with no water, anyways it was going well, i had millions in the bank and loads and loads of great city stuff.

Then whilst placing a new reactor down, i placed it over the top of some existing powerlines next to my other stations and it ended up being 1 square too short, but i didnt realise (the city was so packed with stuff, it was very hard to tell), so i press the fast-forward button and thats it, it was the only line to my city and my city had no power. Immediately people started leaving (no power/water) and before i could press the stop button, my population had gone from a few million or something, to 0. I tried to recover, but the costs of stuff like maintenance was just to great and it ended up bankrupting me :(. I was so gutted as i hadnt saved it at any point either and it was all over due to a dumb mistake.

I suck at anything other than SimCity 2 :confused:

I did enjoy trying to build cities in 3 and 4 though, lol.

I remember reading an article on Gamespot stating that both the next Sims and Sim City are under development.

EDIT: Here is the article.

1 millions?

Man I have a great computer and at like 60k it starts to lag like hell... do you turn the graphic to a minimum low???

1 millions?

Man I have a great computer and at like 60k it starts to lag like hell... do you turn the graphic to a minimum low???

The key is to update the hell out of the game, I have had up to a million in one large map, while it isnt fast as hell, it WAAYYYYYY better than playing with 100k on an unpatched game.

I remember when i bought Sim City 1 for my lowly Commodore, man the graphics where outright horrid but it was a great game. It would take so long to load i thought the game locked but it would usually fire up hehe.

I loved the first two, three I liked but could do without, and I continue to play sim 4. 4 is my favorite due to regonal building. Its not perfect but it is fun to actually be able to have your cities interact for work and money. I hope there is a Simcity 5 on the way !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the makers of the Sim City franchise are making Spore, right? Will Wright.

Simcity peaked with 3000, 4 was just 3000 with prettier graphics (which makes it run slow when your cities get huge, which mine always do because I am the muhhfuggin simcity masta ;D )

I play 4 all the time. Love the regions, love the graphics. IMHO, one of the greatest simulations ever made. I'm currently downloading what is probably going to be another great one, Supreme Commander.

Is this bump the oldest thread you can find day or something? This is the 3rd thread if read today and all three were necro bumps. This one is over 7 years old.

I totally didn't read the dates thinking "already another sequel to the SimShity?"

Is this bump the oldest thread you can find day or something? This is the 3rd thread if read today and all three were necro bumps. This one is over 7 years old.

:rolleyes: at least i didn't make another thread.

Also completely unnecessary, seeing as there's a much larger and active thread only one page back.

why are necro posts bad? I'd rather have 1 thread per game, as opposed to 100+ like we see now...

Necroing a thread with a relevant post is bad, but then a bunch of posts bitching about it without contributing to the thread topic is ok? Ya'll got it backwards...

I gave this a spin yesterday for the first time in ages, and for the most part, it didn't change anything for me. The only real difference right now is that you can save and reload if something goes to hell. I'm very curious to see if people start trying to mod the game now that the option exists, or if it's just to late for anyone to care.

Viper, the problem is that someone else necro'd the other (more established) thread a day before this one with the same news... And no one there really cared.... so why bother with this one too?

Viper, the problem is that someone else necro'd the other (more established) thread a day before this one with the same news... And no one there really cared.... so why bother with this one too?

Ahh, I I didn't see that the other was also bumped. I'd agree that there is no point in having the discussion going in two threads. I still don't think it's worth giving the guy a bunch of shit though. If the news didn't create any lasting discussion in the other thread, I can see how it might be missed. A lot of necros are completely pointless and unnecessary, at least his was relevant to both the thread topic and current events.

Necroing a thread with a relevant post is bad, but then a bunch of posts bitching about it without contributing to the thread topic is ok? Ya'll got it backwards...

I gave this a spin yesterday for the first time in ages, and for the most part, it didn't change anything for me. The only real difference right now is that you can save and reload if something goes to hell. I'm very curious to see if people start trying to mod the game now that the option exists, or if it's just to late for anyone to care.

If they can hack large maps in, I will buy.

Someone hacked in larger cities a while ago, allowing you to build in the areas between cities. Looks like his rig could handle it too.

http://youtu.be/8H8btqZafz4
This is a 52minute Playthrough of me just building as haphazardly as possible to get a city going.
- Negative Profit on sheets, but $14mill Exports in TV
- 23 Actual Million Agents~
- Total of 1.4GB Memory Used by Simcity, about 25-30% CPU Usage (i7 @ 4.3GHz, 32gb of Ram)
- I could push this way further but frankly I can't bring my self to play the game for long anymore

The size of the city in this video is *almost* acceptable in my opinion.

Back