SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

Right then. Now i'm finished. tell me what you think. :D

First picture before.

And after.

I sleeved the 24 pin ATX cable with two cable in one sleeve. To save space.
And i removed the CPU fan. The 180mm fan makes the jobb done.

Img_0023.jpg

Before sleeving.

P1020641.jpg

P1020646.jpg

P1020645.jpg

P1020653.jpg

P1020643.jpg

sell it to me !!!!! i mean it...i'll pay for everything even if you don't have a sleeving charge !!!!

Right then. Now i'm finished. tell me what you think. :D

First picture before.

And after.

I sleeved the 24 pin ATX cable with two cable in one sleeve. To save space.
And i removed theCPU fan. The 180mm fan makes the jobb done.

Hey, just a question, did you change the Chipset cooler or is it stock

@rizzt..... Nice, looks good.

( received my sleeve also, but no time to get it done, soon i hope )

sell it to me !!!!! i mean it...i'll pay for everything even if you don't have a sleeving charge !!!!

Haha, i take that as a compliment. Not for sale. Not now atleast ;)

Hey, just a question, did you change the Chipset cooler or is it stock

Its stock. Gonna change the whole moderboard when Zotac releases the Z68 ITX board.

@rizzt..... Nice, looks good.

( received my sleeve also, but no time to get it done, soon i hope )

Thx mate. I hope to see some pictures of your build soon :)

First off let me say thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Your comments and pictures helped me to pick this case and so far I'm very pleased with it.
I just finished my initial SG07 build and like alot of people I'm waiting for the Zotac itx z68 board (man are they going to make a lot off of that board, where's the competitors... lol).

But for now can I get some help with cable management?
After looking at Ritz pictures above and others in this thread I know my setup can be done a lot better, not as good as Ritz but better than my present config.

My main problem is the USB front header cable in the case seems short.
I presently have an ASUS P8H61-I board and the USB hearder on the board lines up to be at the rear - right of the case. The way I have it now the USB header cable just reaches by going over the top of the board, with no slack to tuck it away. Is there something I'm doing wrong where I can pull the cable out further.
The front audio cable plugin on the board is also near the rear but more centered. There's a bit more cable slack there though.
Another issue is the CPU power plug is at the center of the board how's that hidden.
Also the rear reset switch where do you tuck it when running it to the front; under the board, behing the video card, etc...
HELP any suggestions are welcome!!!
(I can take pictures if need be but it's a mess... lol)

Last edited:
Heyyy, Muvon!

Yes, pictures would help. If you feel comfortable crimping wires and soldering them, why not execute 'project short stack?'

Heyyy, Muvon!

Yes, pictures would help. If you feel comfortable crimping wires and soldering them, why not execute 'project short stack?'

Here's a few camera phone pics... sorry for the quality I was rushing out to work when I took them.
I can take better pics when I go home if need be.

I'm comfortable crimping a little less soldering but if I get too sloppy I could always sleeve them.
I'm not familiar with 'project short stack' can you link me to this or define it for me.

Ignore the jumbled AP cables they were tucked and taped to the case, had to undo them to get the pic of internals.
Also ignore the extra sound header leaning again the video card. I saw this and taped it down to itself.

Thanks!!!

PS - Also ignore the stock fan and mismatch sata cables... lol, their replacement has already been ordered and/or waiting for the new motherboard.
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:
First off let me say thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Your comments and pictures helped me to pick this case and so far I'm very pleased with it.
I just finished my initial SG07 build and like alot of people I'm waiting for the Zotac itx z68 board (man are they going to make a lot off of that board, where's the competitors... lol).

But for now can I get some help with cable management?
After looking at Ritz pictures above and others in this thread I know my setup can be done a lot better, not as good as Ritz but better than my present config.

My main problem is the USB front header cable in the case seems short.
I presently have an ASUS P8H61-I board and the USB hearder on the board lines up to be at the rear - right of the case. The way I have it now the USB header cable just reaches by going over the top of the board, with no slack to tuck it away. Is there something I'm doing wrong where I can pull the cable out further.
The front audio cable plugin on the board is also near the rear but more centered. There's a bit more cable slack there though.
Another issue is the CPU power plug is at the center of the board how's that hidden.
Also the rear reset switch where do you tuck it when running it to the front; under the board, behing the video card, etc...
HELP any suggestions are welcome!!!
(I can take pictures if need be but it's a mess... lol)

First of all, The USB and audio cables. I have done so they go the other way. If you look carefully on my pic you can se how i dragged the cables. The audio cables i have managed to put under the moderboard. Same with the front function cables. But your Front connector is placed at a different place then mine. Even the ATX 24pin connector is at a different place i see.

With the ATX 4pin, you can see how i have done on my pic.

@muvon2000 ........... Keep an eye on this thread, i have same board-layout and start sleevin and rerouting the cables tomorrow.
Will take pictures along the way and when finished.

@Rizzt thanks for the update, I figured with the layout of this motherboard that it'll take a bit of work to tidy it up. I'm not sure at the moment if I want to invest the time to do it "RIGHT" knowing I'll be getting another motherboard soon (hopefully). I guess I'll just do a few more pull backs, tuck and tape for now.

@thiesggb I'll definitely keep an eye out for your project, it may make me change my mind about cleaning this one up.
I wish you much luck with it.

Thanks everyone!!!

before :(
Foto-83IP8WEH.jpg

after :D
Foto-LU6NG6IO.jpg

more pictures will follow when ready, need some led's and a new cpu-fan :cool:

Last edited:
ok now thas the second SG07 i want buy off a forum member ! nice sleeving - i also noticed you used the stock sata connectors that came with the mobo.

:) i also like!

Foto-D8TL68PB.jpg

more pictures will follow when ready, need some led's and a new cpu-fan :cool:

Good job, I see you also dumped the CPU fan good look.
Quick question how did you handle the cable with USB header for the front of case?
As you see in my pic it looks to be stretched as far as it can go.
Did you lengthen your cables or am I not just pulling far enough?

Thanks and again good job, keep the pics coming!!

@muvon2000........ Usb-cable, remove the cd-writerbracket (iff needed also the hddbracket) then route the cable directly along the exhaustside of the psu and it will be long enough.

CPU-fan will return, i ripped out some wires so its dead, i ordered a new (better looking) one :)

@Lutfij............ You can do it yourself trust me, i only sleeved some fan cables on other pc's before, but this was first pc to sleeve everything. Just read some guides, buy good sleeve and shrinks and a pin-removal tool, think and measure twice before doing something thats inreversable :) , take the time to do it and youll be fine.

And some more pictures :D
Foto-4CSZWQ87.jpg

Foto-WKTN34TG.jpg

Foto-IXG88LGV.jpg

Foto-U3OLIBZI.jpg

Foto-S433SVYE.jpg

Foto-HGWSO6GA.jpg

Last edited:
all these sleeving pictures makes me want to do it to my SG07. Although because I dont have the window version I don't see much point, cable shortening may be useful though.

Is it worth just shortening the PSU cables? but not sleeving?

Last edited:
@muvon2000........ Usb-cable, remove the cd-writerbracket (iff needed also the hddbracket) then route the cable directly along the exhaustside of the psu and it will be long enough.

CPU-fan will return, i ripped out some wires so its dead, i ordered a new (better looking) one :)

Thanks for the help with the USB cable I'll try it when I get the chance.

Also don't do it... save the money, leave off the power grabbing, extra noise making, moving part. NO cpu fan if not needed... lol!!!

Personally I think the box looks a lot cleaner without it but you seem to have a good eye for this and I'm sure it will look just as good with one.

Are you presently having temp problems or planning to overclock?
Or is just ever degree cooler counts rational. (which I do beleive in)

Again great work and I'll be looking out for pics of the project with the fan and LED's if your still doing them.

@muvon2000........

Scythe samurai ZZ fanless is doable but temps are high which i don't like, running the 180mm fan on low and a silent 92mm fan is good :)

So here it is :)
Foto-6SDZB6JD.jpg

Foto-NNXEET3A.jpg

Also a dayshot (curtains closed) of the led's, i used 2 x 5mm led's and they light the GPU subtle, will shoot a better picture by night when i got the time.
Foto-WJG8MLKH.jpg

So............. I'm finished for now.............. waiting for BF3 :D

Last edited:
@muvon2000........

Scythe samurai ZZ fanless is doable but temps are high which i don't like, running the 180mm fan on low and a silent 92mm fan is good :)

So............. I'm finished for now.............. waiting for BF3 :D

I like it, if you're ever in the NY area and want a sleeving job I'm hiring... :D!!!

Nicely done!

Myself is now waiting for my Zotac Z68 mobo that was shipped today. So the cable management is gonna change again. But its weekend here in Sweden now so I am not gonna be able to get it until early next week.

really good work all of ya's!!!!! still want to let go off of those systems ? really busy as of late and don't have any time to sleeve...good idea thiesggb but :( not dooable :S just really busy!

but brilliant work all of you SG07 owners!

For those of you asking if a GTX 590 will work...it will:

case.jpg

I made the duct out of some aluminum I had laying around and some tin snips after I didn't like how much heat was building up in that corner of the case. Easy money. That corner stays cool now.

ASRock H67 Board
2600k CPU
Silverstone NT07-1156 cooler
OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB SSD
WD Caviar Blue 240GB for backup
LG 6x Blu-Ray
8GB Kingston CAS7 DDR3-1333

I've been running it hard for over a week now with no issues. It's pretty quiet but the NT07 is only adequate for the stock clock when you beat on it with Prime95.

- In Coretemp CPU at Idle is about 42-44C at 1980 RPM and the 180mm at 870 rpm (all PWM controlled by the board). It's damn quiet like this. The GTX 590's fan is practically off.
- Playing games the CPU is mid 60's. The cpu and case fans are still pretty quiet.
- CPU maxed on Prime95 is 76C (just shy of throttling) with the CPU fan on max (3k rpm) and the 180mm also on max (1200-ish rpm). If I turn down either fan by even a hair it throttles according to ASRock's monitoring program.

I don't have any temp data on the GTX 590 but the fan barely kicks up when plaing old games like Left 4 Dead 2 at 2560x1600 (all settings maxed). With something newer like Just Cause 2 or Aliens Vs Predator pegged out at 2560x1600 the fan is about mid speed (not annoying still). Looping the demos on 3DMark11 at 2560x1600 gets it working though...the fan gets pretty loud and it kicks off some serious heat from the ducts.

I seriously dig this case...I went from a monster full tower that I spent big money on in 2007 to this little thing and it's quieter and faster. You can't beat that.

Last edited:

case.jpg

I made the duct out of some aluminum I had laying around and some tin snips after I didn't like how much heat was building up in that corner of the case. Easy money. That corner stays cool now.

ASRock H67 Board
2600k CPU
Silverstone NT07-1156 cooler
OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB SSD
WD Caviar Blue 240GB for backup
LG 6x Blu-Ray
8GB Kingston CAS7 DDR3-1333

I've been running it hard for over a week now with no issues. It's pretty quiet but the NT07 is only adequate for the stock clock when you beat on it with Prime95.

- In Coretemp CPU at Idle is about 42-44C at 1980 RPM and the 180mm at 870 rpm (all PWM controlled by the board). It's damn quiet like this. The GTX 590's fan is practically off.
- Playing games the CPU is mid 60's. The cpu and case fans are still pretty quiet.
- CPU maxed on Prime95 is 76C (just shy of throttling) with the CPU fan on max (3k rpm) and the 180mm also on max (1200-ish rpm). If I turn down either fan by even a hair it throttles according to ASRock's monitoring program.

I don't have any temp data on the GTX 590 but the fan barely kicks up when plaing old games like Left 4 Dead 2 at 2560x1600 (all settings maxed). With something newer like Just Cause 2 or Aliens Vs Predator pegged out at 2560x1600 the fan is about mid speed (not annoying still). Looping the demos on 3DMark11 at 2560x1600 gets it working though...the fan gets pretty loud and it kicks off some serious heat from the ducts.

I seriously dig this case...I went from a monster full tower that I spent big money on in 2007 to this little thing and it's quieter and faster. You can't beat that.

Awsome!

I had similar setup but with Gainward GTX580 3GB, I removed tha side window completly and put some mesh on, should have better temp than with window plastic.

How is the stock 600W PSU holding up on ur rig?

I don't have any temp data on the GTX 590 but the fan barely kicks up when plaing old games like Left 4 Dead 2 at 2560x1600 (all settings maxed). /QUOTE]

nice build dude and loving the custom fabrication. how funny is the 'On' button when the card heats up (without the deflector there). I have a 5850 SOC venting into the case and the 'On' button would get so hot it caught me by surprise when I went to turn it off. had to make a makeshift deflector like urs.

is the nt07 better than the stock cooler? looks tiny

I got some numbers on the GTX 590 while running the 3DMark11 demos on a loop at 2560x1600. At 100% GPU load temp was 89C peak on the hotter core (a little toasty but within the norm) and 95% fan speed.

The power supply is doing fine. Not one shut down or screw up. I wes betting the house on that one SG07 review where they pushed ?781W? out of the PSU before it threw in the towel. Seems they did their homework!

I tested the stock cooler after I was disappointed in the NT07 and temps went up some so I went back to the NT07 for the time being. I'm more of an air cooler guy and I'm trying to decide what cooler to run. I'm thinking the Noctua NH-C14 with just the lower fan is the best option on the surface but it's just rediculously expensive. The more reasonable ones seem to be a wash and I can't find direct comparo's between them. Seems the review sites are fixated on tower style coolers that won't fit in this case.

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/axp140/product_cpu_axp140.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220033&Tpk=nt06

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/050/scsmz2000-detail.html

I got some numbers on the GTX 590 while running the 3DMark11 demos on a loop at 2560x1600. At 100% GPU load temp was 89C peak on the hotter core (a little toasty but within the norm) and 95% fan speed.

The power supply is doing fine. Not one shut down or screw up. I wes betting the house on that one SG07 review where they pushed ?781W? out of the PSU before it threw in the towel. Seems they did their homework!

I tested the stock cooler after I was disappointed in the NT07 and temps went up some so I went back to the NT07 for the time being. I'm more of an air cooler guy and I'm trying to decide what cooler to run. I'm thinking the Noctua NH-C14 with just the lower fan is the best option on the surface but it's just rediculously expensive. The more reasonable ones seem to be a wash and I can't find direct comparo's between them. Seems the review sites are fixated on tower style coolers that won't fit in this case.

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/axp140/product_cpu_axp140.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220033&Tpk=nt06

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/050/scsmz2000-detail.html

I don't know of any new comparison review(s) between the heatsinks that you linked to, but each one has been tested at http://www.silentpcreview.com. Seems like in your particular application, you might want to focus on either the Thermalright AXP-140 or maybe a Scythe Shuriken?

It's kind of a wash between the NT07 and the retail Sandy Bridge heatsinks for me. The NT07 is a touch quieter (to me) and cools a few degrees better than retail, so I use it for my HTPC builds. I use the Scythe HSF's for mid-range builds, but I've never had much luck with the NT06.

Just thought I'd stir the pot a bit and throw this into the ring.

SeaSonic M12II 520 Modular PSU

Looks like a possibility.

Yeah, I was looking at that as a replacement for the stock PSU (modding cables isn't my favorite hobby) and the dimensions "seem" to be correct. The only problem is that SilverStone is claiming that modular connectors add too much bulk to the end of the PSU and it won't fit correctly. It would be nice if someone could measure this... :D

Yeah, I was looking at that as a replacement for the stock PSU (modding cables isn't my favorite hobby) and the dimensions "seem" to be correct. The only problem is that SilverStone is claiming that modular connectors add too much bulk to the end of the PSU and it won't fit correctly. It would be nice if someone could measure this... :D

Well, one of the reviewers on Newegg said that the case is really 158mm long plus the modular connectors, so Silverstone is probably right

Well, one of the reviewers on Newegg said that the case is really 158mm long plus the modular connectors, so Silverstone is probably right
Hmm, I think we'd have to see it in the case, because if it actually fits in the space, it's not necessarily a dealbreaker for the modular system to overhang a bit. After all, that is where the gigantic mass of cables would be normally, right? :)

If the OEM power supply gave up the ghost with the GTX 590 I was going to switch to one of these and cut the cables down to size:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1264&ID=1938#Tab0

It's the highest rated 140mm power supply I could find and it's a direct drop in other than the cable length.

Funny thing though...the internals & board layout look rather similar too.

Silverstone:
SG07W-045.jpg

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=227

Thermaltake:
B_internal%20parts.tif.jpg

With a review like this alluding to the possibility of getting 750+ watts out of the OE unit I wasn't going to spend extra money and effort on the 800w Thermaltake.

Last edited:
Hmmm...didn't know about that 1000w TR2. Just for kicks I did some digging and it looks like it's out of production but I found a couple places that still stock it for WAY too much money (like $260). I'm not sure that I would wager on it being able to do 1000w anyway.

I got my Noctua NH-C14 cooler in the mail today. No dice...on my ASRock Sandy Bridge board it totally gets into the way of the video card regardless of orientation. From looking at other socket 1155 boards they would all have the same problem except for two off brand boards that I'm not a fan of (Foxconn & Giada). Pretty trick cooler though...I'm disappointed I couldn't fit it with this board.

Eh well...I ordered a Scythe Samurai ZZ. It's a sure thing and much cheaper.

So let's pump it up! :p
Im really lazy to translate my post from a romanian forum, so let google do that for you. Pictures will talk from themselves.
1st batch of pictures is from 1st assembly with intel stock fan and messy cable management.
2nd batch is with prolima samuel + noiseblocker fan.
http://forum.lab501.ro/showpost.php?p=136180&postcount=106

Things that i wonder tho. Anyone tried to use the 180mm fan as exhaust instead of intake? some feedback.

Second thing, tems are quite ok with the 180mm fan pushing in and the video card is quite cool. what i do not like is the fact that a lot of hot air accumulates in the rear of the video card. I will post picture below.

I wonder if I should mount a slim fan there that would exhaust the hot air. Still gotta do some measurements to see the actual space there, then fabricate a bracket so i could mount the fan.
Ofcourse i want it to be fairly silent.

working on some new mindtwists that came to me lately :)

Thinking of a sidepanel with cutout for the vga where the vgacooler pops out, toppanel with some ventilationholes, and other sidepanel also with some ventilation, don't know yet what plexi/acryl to put on there.... something smoke (semi-transparant) black or dark-blue so you can see in the case when closed.

To be continued. :)

Last edited:
working on some new mindtwists that came to me lately :)

before:
Foto-ZZSIADGF.jpg

After:
Foto-EFIKLSNQ.jpg

Foto-VHJHV74E.jpg

As you can see it's a 3-slot cooler (Arctic Cooling Acelero Xtreme Plus II) that is a little big for this case :) so for now i run it open air, when i have the time i will come up with some acryl/plexi panels to fit the case.
Thinking of a sidepanel with cutout for the vga where the vgacooler pops out, toppanel with some ventilationholes, and other sidepanel also with some ventilation, don't know yet what plexi/acryl to put on there.... something smoke (semi-transparant) black or dark-blue so you can see in the case when closed.

To be continued. :)

you might as well use a tower cooler for the CPU:D

you might as well use a tower cooler for the CPU:D

Yep :) i already thought of that..... i was thinking of high topflowcooler so the fan on top of the cooler also pops out of the case (just like gpu-cooler) when i put the panels on it.
Havent found a suitable cooler yet, one that has got the style i like. (open for suggestions)

Found this one (see picture below), but it hasnt got a fan on top :( but i think it would look nice because it is 16cm in height so it would just pop trough the toppanel :)

spinq-vt-1.jpg

And another one that will pop through top but it aint topflow-cooler :(

9096.jpg

This one got the looks :), but aint high enough (13cm with the fan mounted) :( (maybe with a shroud i can up the height --> http://www.acousticpc.com/feser_tfc_xtender_blue_led_radiator_shroud.html)

20110718173450812.jpg

Last edited:
Back