SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

You definitely need some cool cool light in there and a piece of plexiglass to show off your build, at night and in the daytime!

Hahahaha... you are defenitely right :)

The light, a 30 cm blue led-thing (for the gpu-side) is under way custom-made by a friend of mine from another forum.(pictures soon)

The original case cover fits now because i dont use 3-slot cooler no more, but the original cover wont do justice to all the work that is gone in the case..........so still thinking of having me made some custom plexi-panels (three of em...side, top and other side) to replace the original cover. (will update when i know more)

Last edited:
As promissed :)

Before
Foto-JEZ7FWT6.jpg

After
Foto-GCPGLTDG.jpg

After with case-cover
Foto-G3ISCQ7C.jpg

(thinking of plexi/acryl panels, and lighting on the other side (cpu-side))

which is better for cooling a 2500k with possible overclocking?

scythe samurai zz with stock fan
scythe samurai zz with modded 120mm fan attached via 92mm->120mm fan adapter/shroud (seemed pretty tall and little clearance to the top 180mm fan)

old NT07-E (first revision? came with 775 brackets only) modded to fit 1155 with heatpipes bent to to clear PCIe slot with 120mm fan / only a bottom slim 120mm scythe kaze jyu(12mm thick) and fanless on the top

new AIO wc kit (coolit/asertek) without top 180mm fan
modded H50 (tubes cracked and started leaking) + copper 120mm rad inplace of 180mm fan / 240mm rad externally provided the pump can take it as the noticeable flow/head is le crap and its worthy of the cost as i need all other wc parts other then h50 unit itself

which is better for cooling a 2500k with possible overclocking?

scythe samurai zz with stock fan
scythe samurai zz with modded 120mm fan attached via 92mm->120mm fan adapter/shroud (seemed pretty tall and little clearance to the top 180mm fan)

old NT07-E (first revision? came with 775 brackets only) modded to fit 1155 with heatpipes bent to to clear PCIe slot with 120mm fan / only a bottom slim 120mm scythe kaze jyu(12mm thick) and fanless on the top

new AIO wc kit (coolit/asertek) without top 180mm fan
modded H50 (tubes cracked and started leaking) + copper 120mm rad inplace of 180mm fan / 240mm rad externally provided the pump can take it as the noticeable flow/head is le crap and its worthy of the cost as i need all other wc parts other then h50 unit itself

Samurai ZZ, nice and easy fit, not too large, cheapest way to go for average cooling.

or

Standard waterkit Corsair H**, Asetek, Intel watercooler and so on and on, wil fit (some better than others) noisy pumps and fan's mostly, expensive but good cooling.

My 2 cents.....dont overclock, 2500K @ stock is fast enough to do anything, overclocking is just extra heat what has to be removed with expensive coolers and noise.

fair enough, i've already fitted the ZZ with a 92mm to 120mm fan adaptor with a 120mm fan to it. the push pins were a pain to install and the whole installation pretty much sits flush to the180mm air penetrator so it more or less acts as another shroud and temps are pretty decent

Anyone think i'll be alright with the stock cooler on the 2500k @ 4ghz? It's been tested to be feasible on some review sites but i'm curious if the small form factor would make it worse.

I've been debating on getting the AXP-140 but it seems like it defeats the purpose of the big AP181 fan to cool the rest of the computer.

I'm going test it out when I actually get all the parts but it I was just hoping some of you might have tried to just wing it stock cooler with a mild OC.

does a noctua c14 fit in this case (sg08)? Height without top fan is 105mm so it seems to fit, but I guess it will be hard to find a mb where the gpu isn't in the way for the cpu cooler or??

i think cooler height is the least of your worries, you get like 3cm more space if you remove the top 180mm fan. clearing the PCIe slot is more of an issue and if you are willing to bend some heatpipes.

I bent a NT06-E to fit but i didnt end up using it.

Anyone fit a Cooler Master Hyper 101 in here? it's height is 117.5mm when the manual is saying the max is 117.

Haha, i take that as a compliment. Not for sale. Not now atleast ;)

Its stock. Gonna change the whole moderboard when Zotac releases the Z68 ITX board.

Thx mate. I hope to see some pictures of your build soon :)

you dont have heat issues? can you post some heat specs during prime 95 etc.. thanks :)

No more questions about "will this cooler fit?" "will a H60/H70/H80 fit?" after this post!!!..;)

Custom watercooled SG07????.. No problem...Yes we can! :D

GroteFoto-HLCTHJGD.jpg

GroteFoto-37KZ6HWK.jpg

GroteFoto-IWMSTGGB.jpg

GroteFoto-4GSZEDS4.jpg

That's really cool, but, the radiator doesn't exactly fit.

Thats why the smiley winks ;), i wanted big radiator so i had to put it next to it. Fans and pump are temperature controlled, so most of time i can run it passive cooled with just the pump spinning slowly.
Iff you want it internaly, it can be done...just remove the optical (cd) and a 240 rad will fit, But then cooling is less and fans have to spin harder which is noise. Noise is why you go watercooling, so bigger is better imo :)

Last edited:
Hey all. Downsized my rig from a full size to a mini in preparation for a move in a few months. And I don't really trust any company on earth to successfully ship a 600T based PC.

2500k (Leftover from full rig)
8GB Kingston DDR3 1333/1600 (Runs at 1333 by default)
ASRock H67M-ITX/HT (Temporary, at-least until Z77 boards are released for a decent price)
Silverstone SG07/SG07 600w PSU
Silverstone NT06-E
Zotac GTX 580 AMP
Samsung Slim DVD Drive

Now, I want to ask about my heatsink as I was sure I made a great choice till I read that some people were having trouble fitting it in their cases and on their motherboards which I found odd considering this build on overclock 3D

http://imgur.com/O7i0P,mzu5Z,E19jx,79KZX,QhAvy#0

Not mine. But you'd think with a near identical layout with that gigabyte board I wouldn't have any problems. Anyone have any issues with this sink? Pics? Stories? I'd love to hear it/see it.

Now, I want to ask about my heatsink as I was sure I made a great choice till I read that some people were having trouble fitting it in their cases and on their motherboards which I found odd considering this build on overclock 3D

Not mine. But you'd think with a near identical layout with that gigabyte board I wouldn't have any problems. Anyone have any issues with this sink? Pics? Stories? I'd love to hear it/see it.
I have that heatsink and motherboard combo as well, although I dont have the gtx590 to go with it.

good points:
- quiet
- the gap between the heatsink and motherboard is situated ideally so that air can go strait out the side vent, there is no obstruction.
- cheap $AU45

bad points:
- better cooling than stock, but wouldnt trust it with high overclocks
- heatpipes needs to be bent forward slightly on the h55n-usb3 so that the pcie slot is not blocked, not hard to do but you will need to be careful not to break the heatpipes. heatpipes do not need bending with some motherboards (dfi lanparty)
- getting it in there, i ended up bolting everything up first then shoehorning the whole assembly in from the graphics card side, couldnt go from the top because you need to put the 3.5" hdd in first

Do you guys reckon you could fit an Antec Kuhler 920 into one of these things? I think it's doable. Going off the pictures of people installing a 620 there seems to be plenty of room even when they mount it push/pull off the stock 180mm fan.

Hey all. Downsized my rig from a full size to a mini in preparation for a move in a few months. And I don't really trust any company on earth to successfully ship a 600T based PC.

2500k (Leftover from full rig)
8GB Kingston DDR3 1333/1600 (Runs at 1333 by default)
ASRock H67M-ITX/HT (Temporary, at-least until Z77 boards are released for a decent price)
Silverstone SG07/SG07 600w PSU
Silverstone NT06-E
Zotac GTX 580 AMP
Samsung Slim DVD Drive

you do know that your NT06-e wont work without bending the heatpipes to clear the PCIe slot and even if you do, it will be a major pain to install (but yes it will fit after spilling some blood)

Does anyone have any good recommendations for PSU replacements over the included 600W?

Overclocked 690, overclocked ivy bridge, hydro cooler? Unless all the stock 600W would be suffice?

What would be the worst that could happen if it was underpowered? Is there any risk to parts?

What would be the worst that could happen if it was underpowered? Is there any risk to parts?

They won't be underpowered. 690 has a TDP of 300w, Ivy Bridge has Z77. Let's say you get some rediculous overclock and push the wattage up to 450w total, which wouldn't happen, you'd still have 150w left for drives and such, which is way more than plenty. This 600w is good for its rating, and your build will be sufficiently powered.

Alright sounds good. I did a bit of research on PSU's and it should be pretty safe anyway. Thanks for the help, I don't know too much about the stock psu in these things!

Alright sounds good. I did a bit of research on PSU's and it should be pretty safe anyway. Thanks for the help, I don't know too much about the stock psu in these things!

Silverstone generally has pretty good power supplies. This one in particular is really good.

hello there, ive been in the market for a SFF pc for a little while...

Really like the looks of Sugo Sg08, but cant get it for any reasonable amount of money in europe...

So i settled on the Sugo SG07.

Just want some input on my specs:

Silverstone Sugo SG07
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge)
Asrock Z77E-ITX Motherboard
Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz 30nm Dual Channel Kit
Crucial 128GB SSD CT128M4SSD2 m4 2.5 "
I have a spare 500gb Seagate barracuda drive to put into it

And i have questions about the compatibility of the following two components:

Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti "Phantom" 1024MB
Will it fit? Its dimensions seem to be: 188x112x35mm. (heres a link where i could compare it to the other 560ti's, if anyone has any of the other mentioned? http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/video/gf114-4-p1.html Thank you)
I read that it has a 2.5 expansion slot cooler... Would be really helpfull if anyone would confirm that it fits.

And

Scythe Samurai ZZ SCSMZ-2100 Rev.B
Will this be ok for a little overclock, not planning to overclock more than 4.2 or so...

Thanks! :)

Length should be no problem. Question would be is its width(thickness). Its a short fat GPU from the looks of it.

I am about to get me an H70, I will post pics as soon as I get that thing in my SG07 :D very nice thread

Crap where are the people?! Last post was in Sept. Is everyone just plain enjoying their builds? :D

Crap where are the people?! Last post was in Sept. Is everyone just plain enjoying their builds? :D

Tends to be that people only post when they are choosing their system and building it, and after that you don't see half of them back :)

Herrrrro anybody's alive? :D

Trying to see what every owner's up to and if they have made the switch to something even cooler? If so, what have you moved on to?

Back