Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

This is what my $112 custom desk looks like for my 48" Samsung (A door from Home Depot stained, and 5 legs from Ikea). Nothing quite a crazy as some of your setups, and the cables are all cleaned up now:

GWsOEjm.jpg

This is what my $112 custom desk looks like for my 48" Samsung (A door from Home Depot stained, and 5 legs from Ikea). Nothing quite a crazy as some of your setups, and the cables are all cleaned up now:

What legs did you use? I've been eye ballin this option for a desk for quite some time.

Are the legs wobbly? What size screws did you use? Are the mounted securely to the wood? is the door solid or hollow in the middle?

Some really nice rigs there!! I've been out of the game too long, i feel the need to get a new set up thanks to you lot!!

I used 5 of these legs from Ikea: OLOV Leg, adjustable - black - IKEA

One on each of the corners and one in the middle of the desk for a bit more strength. They are adjustable so you can set the correct height for yourself.

Thanks.

Are the legs wobbly? What size screws did you use? Are the mounted securely to the wood? is the door solid or hollow in the middle?

Also, this.

Adding my 2 cents. A solid core door would probably be best but, cost more and be heavier.

Lovely, clean setup. Love the desktop wallpaper too.

So I used a hollow core door and I used the screws that came with the legs. It was actually pretty good with just the screws. But I did want to make sure that nothing happened to it so I do have two L Brackets - one on the right and one behind the monitor - that go into the bottom of the door where the framing is and into a stud in the wall. The desk doesn't move at all.

Using a solid core door would definitely make it where the legs would not need the extra support of the L Brackets. But, as mentioned, it would be a lot heavier and I'm guessing more expensive.

IMG_1219 [663554].JPG

First post, just wanted to show off my new setup thanks to this thread! I got rid of my ancient triple monitor setup and went with something much more ergonomically friendly.

Here's my current work-in-progress:
zJ6XPrM.jpg

HvOC5xG.jpg

XU2M9lA.jpg

Samsung UN48JS9000
Dell U3415W
Dell U2412M

I still have a Dell U2713HM sitting around that I don't know what to do with. I tried putting it next to the U3415W, but it's simply too much next strain and I greatly prefer the 24" next to it.

2016 April Update

Cable management will be ready in a few months.

Cool setup. Which Genelecs? And would you recommend them? I have a pair of Adams right now and I love them but they are taking up too much space on my desk.

Cool setup. Which Genelecs? And would you recommend them? I have a pair of Adams right now and I love them but they are taking up too much space on my desk.

8030 BPM. Definitely. Worth every cent. I had a pair of Dynaudio BM 5A (Mark I/ first gen) before. For me there is a noticeable difference between the two.

More than enough for this room (21 sqm/ 226 sqft), I think 8020 might be OK too.

I've wanted a PLP setup forever, ^this just takes the cake, fantastic. What are the specs?

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 5 Ghz - Water Cooled (Pump: Ek Block DCP 4.0 ; Reservoirs: EK Multioption X2 150 ; CPU: Heatkiller 3.0 ; Radiator: Hardware Labs ICE GTS-Lite 240 black ; Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm)
RAM: Kingston Hyper Beast 2400Mhz @ Corsair Memory Airflow Fan
MB:Gigabyte GA - Z97X Gaming G1
NT:Be Quiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200 Watt
GPU: SLI : 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 TI G1 Gaming (custom BIOS)
Case: Antec DF 85 Full Modded Dark Fleet
Monitor: 2x Samsung SyncMaster 2343BW 16:10 23" TFT Vertical ( modified frame ) 1 x Samsung 40 6550 Curved UHD TV @ 3840 x 2160 60Hz HDMI 2.0
HDD: 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1.5Tb @ Raid0 , SSD ADATA S511 120GB SATA 6Gb/s , 2x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD SATA3 (6Gb/s) @ Raid0 (System)

Sound:

Teufel Aureol Real Headphones
Rode NT USB + SM 6 Shock Mount + Table ARM
Creative Sound Blaster ZX
Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906

Steering:

Logitech G602 Maus,
Kingston Hyper X Mousepad
Logitech G910 Keyboard,
Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joystick
Logitech G940 Flight System

Simracing Equipment

Thrustmaster TS 300 RS + Logitech G27 Padels & Shifter
7" Tablet @ Extendend Information
Nixim brake mod
Chilicoke Shifter mod
3 Point IR HeadTracker @ Freetrack
PVC Sim RIG

and other stuff....

Last edited:
Nothing extravagant here , as we decided to stay in our 3BR garden home and be with no mortgage in a couple more years, so my office became the youngest's bedroom. I share a corner of the living room now but works well enough. Just had to cover all the wires with white tubing on the backside to keep the wife happy.

It's two BenQ 3201's , front one for gaming hooked to 4790k with Titan X SLI rig , side one hooked to second smaller rig ( small corsair case blocked by angle of chair) with a 960. Mainly use it for remote work to servers while playing , as having 4 1080p RDP sessions tiled is quite handy.

Being in the living room lets me get away with more playing time too as can make the occasional grunting acknowledgement to something the wife says while talking :p

IMG_0949.jpg

Nothing extravagant here , as we decided to stay in our 3BR garden home and be with no mortgage in a couple more years, so my office became the youngest's bedroom. I share a corner of the living room now but works well enough. Just had to cover all the wires with white tubing on the backside to keep the wife happy.

I know this is a display forum, but what is that little keyboard you are using?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dude you need to just clean the legs and either replace the top or cover it.

Just got a new monitor, 29in LG 29UM67:
4kmv2LI.jpg

Please dont mind my filthy torn/ripped up desk surface, if it aint broke, dont fix it, It has been through good and bad times with me, got it for free(It had a complete covered surface back then), its very sturdy, But is possibly my next upgrade later this year to buy a new desk.

20160126_212232_zps4jldsfxu.jpg

Updated setup that is pretty close to final.

2x 27" HP ZR2740w, 2x Dell U2713HM, 1x LG something 32" 1080p.

Play on the left, work on the right.

Pretty sweet setup although a bit cluttered. Just need some organization love and would be perfect. Still awesome setup.

I used to have that L-Shaped Walker Edison glass desk from Amazon a lot of others have. I just recently got fed up with the layout and got myself a regular non-corner desk from Ikea. That glass desk is amazing, but my room is SO small that I felt closed into the corner anytime I sat at my desk. I decided to go with a smaller desk, mount my monitors to the wall, redecorate my room and move everything around!

LSD2Q4L.jpg

2SIDS60.jpg

HioFDJE.jpg

proxZzi.jpg

Honestly, I'd love to get rid of this hideous wallpaper that's been in here since my parents bought this house in the 70s.. but it's just too much work, I could never do it alone! So until then, I have to deal with it.

And my favorite new thing to my room.. A simple and cheap black canopy to go over my bed :D Along with a few strings of fairy lights. It's so cozy now! The TV mount is perfect for watching stuff from the bed, and using the PC from there when I want to lay down.
eeacKKr.jpg
Wow this is really nice. Love the color theme. Keep up the good work.

I am so torn between going ultrawide or getting a second monitor. (And a larger desk)

WS.10.19.2015.png
This is a amazing setup. Cable management is superb. Color scheme is excellent and personality is on point. Simple, clean, and to the point. Makes me want to redo my setup.

I'm curious.

I've noticed that in a large number of these pictures you people have your cases (even tower cases) on top of your desks.

I haven't done that since I had one of these, and my 12" VGA CRT monitor stood on top of it :p

memorex-telex-7045d-intel-286-16-mhz-desktop-computer-777.jpg

My towers have always gone on the floor under the desk, as long as I've had them.

19967410200_6ac400daea.jpg

Not that my systems are loud or anything, but I do like the little noise they make out of earshot, and desk space is - well - at a premium with my setup (reminder pic from two pages ago)

So, I am curious. Why do you put the tower on top of the desk?
I would say so they can show off the components of the tower. You build a nice water-cooled computer with LED's with a side windows, your going to want to show it off.

It seems that I have at least one machine elevated off of the floor in my various stages of computing.
Sometimes it was the setup, having it on the desk was easier and sometimes there was no space on the floor.
Here is a shot from 2004, one on the desk, one on a table next to the desk and one on the floor,
desk-3-2004.jpg

The PC on the desk (the dark colored case) is hooked up to my Projector and was used as an HTPC, before that term was coined. The one on the floor is connected to the leftmost monitor and was used as a file server.
The other 2 screens were hooked to the machine on the far right, which was the main machine.
Now this is a throw back setup for real. Nice!!!

FxrC2Cq.jpg

putting this up for prosperity because after this weekend it should look a little different. Left monitor is a Nixeus 27 inch IPS 2560x1440 for basic web browsing and image viewing. The middle monitor is a BenQ 32" ips 4k for image editing. Right monitor is on the 4790K in the 250D you see on the right running an Acer xb270hu gaming monitor. It's been amazing.

I'm planning on streaming more so I have 2 other monitors sitting on the side that will eventually be added in.

Photographers may notice the Canon 50 1.2L on the right. Gamers may notice a few standout things. There's 3 headsets that I almost equally love in the picture. The one on the right being the VModa CrossFade m-100, a Senheisser Pc333D G4me, and the HyperX Cloud II.

All the Smite stuff was because I was one of the official photographers last year and this year.
Nice components but you are in desperate need of a new desk to hold them. This one is to small.

Last edited:
Back