Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

lol, wut? Are you referring to the dutch film director that was assassinated over a controversial Islamic film in 2004 or Vincent's brother?

I hope it's Vincent's brother. The other Theo looks sleazy.

Update
Yes, I do think you mean Vincent's brother. Theodorus supported Vincent's career financially. Too bad he died so young.

Dell 30" 2560 x 1600 - Asus Z77 Sabertooth - i7 2600 @ 5ghz - ATI HD6990 on H2O

IMG_6717.jpg

What headphone stand is that?

haha...it's a older version of this...I bought 2...I got them at Lowes or Home Depot...I added a little foam tape for padding were the headphones rest

http://www.target.com/p/rubbermaid-fasttrack-hose-hook/-/A-14053680

Last edited:
IMG_0352_zpsaec1a4f6.jpg

IMG_0354_zps06e8bec3.jpg

I picked myself up a pair since my old headphone solution fell off the walls. Found them for about $11 a piece at Home Depot.

nice eh RangerXML?...I have seen some pretty cool "expensive" stands and I don't dog them , but the functionality was there and the price was right with this solution

Yup, when I was looking around for stands, the actual stands were around $50 to $100. Prior I was using shelf legs from Ikea like you see in my prior pictures that my LCDs are on, but I had some mounted to the sides of the cabinet, but after the hot fall they fell off, so these were perfect for what I needed.

Actually, its a terrible desk. I bought this for my GF when she moved in, and within a month, the finish was already peeling off the particle board.

Thank you, I ended up getting the RealSpace Magellan desk at Office Depot that goes on sale for $140. :D

@ Stooley,

Loving the Seiki 39 for the monitor. How do you find it compares with the Dell 3008 you have next to it?

@ Stooley,

Loving the Seiki 39 for the monitor. How do you find it compares with the Dell 3008 you have next to it?

The Dell is clearly (without a doubt or even a question) the better monitor. 30hz @ 4k is very jittery, I tried gaming on it with a few specific games and some games are better than others.

Blacklist crashes @ 4k, BF4 plays great, but screen tear is very noticeable. AC4 looks great, and plays okay when limited to 30hz. Same with Sleeping Dogs. I tried to get Dead Space 3 to work but couldn't. I really hope someone makes a 39/40 inch panel that's 4k/60hz and under 800ish, heh that would be nice.

I'm not incredibly impressed with it but at sub $500, its not a huge loss if I don't like it. I will however try and daily it and see if the hz is going to really bother me that much. So currently, my 3008 is still the primary monitor and the seiki is secondary. I work from home and could benefit from the extra space.

Also, are you driving it through the DisplayPort? Are you running at 30Hz? How do you like it?

There is no display port, i'm driving it using the supplied blue HDMI cable via one of my 780's. My 3008 is being driven via Display port. I am also running the 50inch firmware.

Last edited:
The Dell is clearly (without a doubt or even a question) the better monitor. 30hz @ 4k is very jittery, I tried gaming on it with a few specific games and some games are better than others.

Blacklist crashes @ 4k, BF4 plays great, but screen tear is very noticeable. AC4 looks great, and plays okay when limited to 30hz. Same with Sleeping Dogs. I tried to get Dead Space 3 to work but couldn't. I really hope someone makes a 39/40 inch panel that's 4k/60hz and under 800ish, heh that would be nice.

I'm not incredibly impressed with it but at sub $500, its not a huge loss if I don't like it. I will however try and daily it and see if the hz is going to really bother me that much. So currently, my 3008 is still the primary monitor and the seiki is secondary. I work from home and could benefit from the extra space.

There is no display port, i'm driving it using the supplied blue HDMI cable via one of my 780's. My 3008 is being driven via Display port. I am also running the 50inch firmware.

Thanks for the reply. As an office/productivity monitor, Seiki should do very well. Plenty of screen real estate. Any opinions on how it handles gaming at downscaled 1080p?

Thanks for the reply. As an office/productivity monitor, Seiki should do very well. Plenty of screen real estate. Any opinions on how it handles gaming at downscaled 1080p?

1080p @ 120hz is okay, i'm used to gaming at 1600p though so I don't think i'll be doing any gaming on this monitor at that res.

I usually stick to my lightboost monitor (120/144hz) and play on my alienware if I want to game at 1080p.

30hz, is something else though if you are considering getting this. I love the res, but I hate the refresh rate.

MAGI system. This is my dorm room so it is a shared setup, hence the two sides/chairs.

2x U2410 + Sony 40EX640

adding 2 UltraSharp 2209WAs on an Ergotron above the U2410 on my side in a couple weeks.

JV_computerwall.jpg

Here's mine. 3 Samsung S27a750p

12370254155_c81a6be139_b.jpg

If anyone is wondering it's sitting under my loft bed, which is what that pine lumber is. NYC apartments are small!

Thanks for the multi monitor wallpaper sites guys...schweet... but I really need 7680x1600 or triple monitor wallpapers...resolutions on those sites aren't high enough :D

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a noob to the forum. I'm all agog at the setups here which look more like works of modern art than ye olde humble office!! Wonderful thread. I'm posting my present work abode in the spirit of sharing. And yes, the curtains are awful. ;)

@ Snoflo

welcome to the [H]ardness...nice variety of LCD's...setup well and functional...and no offense but very few here will give a rat's behind about your curtains!...haha...we can't see past the digitronics!

Last edited:
@ Snoflo

welcome to the [H]ardness...nice variety of LCD's...setup well and functional...and no offense but very few here will give a rat's behind about you curtains!...haha...we can't see past the digitronics!

hahahahahaaa! Thanks for the advice, killa. Thanks also for the welcome: it's very nice being here.

Back