Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

8604271733_2de702cbce_b.jpg

You don't see many setups like this! Love the monitor, having three must be epic.

gigasmack - Your screen looks soo...wide :p 3 of those would look sick for Eyefinity. I have the same mousepad. Good choice for the keyboard, nothing beats Razer mechanical keyboards :)

gigasmack - Your screen looks soo...wide :p 3 of those would look sick for Eyefinity. I have the same mousepad. Good choice for the keyboard, nothing beats Razer mechanical keyboards :)

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the wide aspect ration of the screen, but I'm really digging it so far!

Nice, clean. I love the big fitting block desk but I don't know how I feel about plants on top of speakers, I tried that myself but always doesn't look right.

Hardwarehunger - I like how the plants blend in with the background. Great wire management, what is that white panel?

Hardwarehunger - I like how the plants blend in with the background. Great wire management, what is that white panel?

lol, I'm presuming that that white panel is a heater. I see those all the time when I visit Europe and some Asian countries.

How about some more U2913wm? Repalced 2 2209WA's (one pictured in temporary laptop side setup)

A little work and play.

thanks!

the white panel is a heater - hot water passes through it.

Nice, clean. I love the big fitting block desk but I don't know how I feel about plants on top of speakers, I tried that myself but always doesn't look right.

i am not quite sure about them, either. but i have no other place for them, so they have to stay there.

lol, I'm presuming that that white panel is a heater. I see those all the time when I visit Europe and some Asian countries.

exactly - germany it is.

ghm3 - I really like how the desk curves right around you.

Thanks! Yeah I'm really happy with this set up. My last desk was a more typical office desk w/ drawers built in on the sides. It was a nice desk but not large enough for more then 2 30" monitors, and heavier than these Bush desks due to the drawers and how these are actually two modular desks next to each other.

Upgraded to a Dell U2913WM; still have the cord mess from my last picture...

How does it handle games like SC2? I know Blizzard artificially limited the aspect to 16:9 at the widest I believe.

I'd love that screen. Think i'd prefer it to 3 monitors personally.

I'm a huge triple wide fan but I've always had these single wide aspect monitors in the back of my mind as an alternative. One thing that I've always wondered about though is for the games typically support up to 16:9 and then break after that. Most of the times there's some sort of hack/mod to make it work, but sometimes you just gotta throw in the towel and play it on 1 screen. If I had a super wide monitor I don't really have the option for a single 16:9 monitor mode anymore I believe... I think maybe force it to be letter boxed might be an option.

How does it handle games like SC2? I know Blizzard artificially limited the aspect to 16:9 at the widest I believe.

I'm a huge triple wide fan but I've always had these single wide aspect monitors in the back of my mind as an alternative. One thing that I've always wondered about though is for the games typically support up to 16:9 and then break after that. Most of the times there's some sort of hack/mod to make it work, but sometimes you just gotta throw in the towel and play it on 1 screen. If I had a super wide monitor I don't really have the option for a single 16:9 monitor mode anymore I believe... I think maybe force it to be letter boxed might be an option.

Here are some screenshots of games that I've been playing on my new monitor. First Person Shooters look the best, but games like WoW and Diablo 3 look really good as well. Starcraft II is limited to 16:10, so it's basically a 1920x1080 screen that's stretched to the 2560x1080 resolution. It doesn't look bad, but it looks better if you play it windowed.

I had three 24" Dell monitors at one time running in Eyefinity with my Crossfire 5870's, but I could just not get used to the bezels and wacky fish-eye effect. With the Dell U2913WM, I get the wide aspect ratio that I want without the cons previously listed. Of course, it's not a crazy 5760x1080 resolution, but I'm really happy with my purchase so far!

Natural Selection 2
2013-04-06_00001.jpg

2013-04-06_00002.jpg

2013-04-06_00004.jpg

Diablo III
Screenshot003.jpg

Screenshot002.jpg

Screenshot000.jpg

World of Warcraft
WoWScrnShot_040213_225912.jpg

WoWScrnShot_040613_131608.jpg

WoWScrnShot_040613_131622.jpg

Battlefield 3
ScreenshotWin32-0003.png

ScreenshotWin32-0005.png

ScreenshotWin32-0006.png

Here is mine, 3 Asus VE248Q 24" monitors. Thinking about selling them along with a 6970 I have and going with a single 120hz 3d monitor.

20130328_085034_zps01d9f6f4.jpg

Here are some screenshots of games that I've been playing on my new monitor. First Person Shooters look the best, but games like WoW and Diablo 3 look really good as well. Starcraft II is limited to 16:10, so it's basically a 1920x1080 screen that's stretched to the 2560x1080 resolution. It doesn't look bad, but it looks better if you play it windowed.

I had three 24" Dell monitors at one time running in Eyefinity with my Crossfire 5870's, but I could just not get used to the bezels and wacky fish-eye effect. With the Dell U2913WM, I get the wide aspect ratio that I want without the cons previously listed. Of course, it's not a crazy 5760x1080 resolution, but I'm really happy with my purchase so far!

Yea, I did a little bit more research after posting. I ended up ordering one :cool:, got some funds to spare at the moment.

The WSGF video pretty much convinced me. It'll be much easier to drive 2560x1080 than 5760x1080 going forward. No bezels. Compatibility is a toss up since some games are better but some may break if not explicitly ran in triple wide when over 16:9 (i.e. Witcher 2).

I can't believe I glossed over this at its launch!

SUPA WIDE SCREENS! YEAH!!!!

wait, what?

img_5769f2uqv.jpg

Need an Intuos tablet so I can actually use the screen like this when drawing.
Also, yes, bad photo.

anyone have any settings on their camera to recommend for taking a picture of monitors (either daylight/no light)? TIA

Glad to see another NS2 player here! How does the increase in resolution affect your performance in game, or do you even have anything to compare it to?

Glad to see another NS2 player here! How does the increase in resolution affect your performance in game, or do you even have anything to compare it to?

I never had issues with the game at 1920x1080 with AF & AA. NS2 runs about the same on the increased resolution as well. The wider aspect ratio helps when scanning for Skulks on the walls. It's also nice when commanding!

The Crossover, nice screen. Never seen one in portrait before, looks good!

My brother's arrived today. Zero issues with this one as well.
Mine I have had for a few months so far.
Both tempered glass non pivot versions. Mine is on a Vesa.

Portrait is also good for having massive news feeds on facebook and whole thread pages visible at once :D... Well, not quite a whole page.

Back