Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

newdesk01.JPG

That's an awesome solution for anyone with an opaque desk. My glass one wouldn't like the nails in it too much though. If I ever switch to a wooden desk I'm definitely picking up one of these.

You just gotta get yourself some self-tapping glass nails. Should be in the same aisle as the power cord stretchers at your local hardware store.

I get it now. Anything less than 3 is like trying to clap with one hand. This club... It feels right. :D
2vVx2.jpg

PS: Where do you guys get those kickA** 5760x1080 wallpapers?

I wouldn't worry about the quality of the pic. I would be try and hide those wires behind your monitors going up the wall though. Push them to the sides behind your desk. :p

Theres no behind the desk and given the length of the wires I dont see a much more cleaner solution (open to suggestions). I'm surprised you didnt say anything about the wires behind the monitor stands and UPS'.

The bezels are annoying as hell when I try to watch something. So I just grab a tv and do 3x1 portrait + 1 extended.
2nsman4.jpg

Theres no behind the desk and given the length of the wires I dont see a much more cleaner solution (open to suggestions). I'm surprised you didnt say anything about the wires behind the monitor stands and UPS'.

Ah, so it is a question of not enough wire to get any slack? That is a sectional area that is connected to the wall?
All of this only matters if you care how it looks. If you don't mind it then forget what anyone else says. If you do want to hide it there are ways.
It looks like wires can be moved to the left and right most sides. Can the hardware above be moved to either side without it being a problem? The top right ones look like speakers, wouldn't they be better off down below?
For the wires below you could always get that plastic wire covering material. The stuff that looks like a black coil and feed the wire into those. Like the cabling protection stuff used in engine bays. It is cheap and makes things look much cleaner in some cases.

Thanks I'll look into that. Yup the desk is bolted into the wall, came that way with the house. I'll get rid of it eventually and buy all new office furniture at some point but for now I got it modded to the point that it does the purpose needed.

And those are all NAS storage up top there. The speakers are on the bottom between the monitor stands.

The bezels are annoying as hell when I try to watch something. So I just grab a tv and do 3x1 portrait + 1 extended.

That only works if you have more than 3 outputs on your GPU :p

Last edited:
Why only with so much outputs?

My PLP setup has worked (and still does) with two cards. At the moment GTX 570 and 7900GTX

Why only with so much outputs?

My PLP setup has worked (and still does) with two cards. At the moment GTX 570 and 7900GTX

Are those both PCIe cards ? Or is the 7900 AGP ? I have a 30" Dell U3011, looking at maybe going PLP soon, but so confused on how to game with that setup, due to nV Surround or Eyefinity not doing PLP.

I have a 30" Dell U3011, looking at maybe going PLP soon, but so confused on how to game with that setup, due to nV Surround or Eyefinity not doing PLP.

It runs just on the 30". Or for games that support it, you can run it in window mode and stretch the window over all 3 screens. But I personally just run it on the 30" (this is coming from 3x24" Portrait EF).

SAM_1105.jpg

24" 1920X1080 Westinghouse on the left and a 20" Westinghouse LCD (was free) on the right using a monitor mount to hang them. Hoping the Mrs checked my wishlist for the two 24" IPS displays :)

Techno's desk reminds me of an old desk I had in my first condo, a little studio. I bought an unfinished wood door from Home Depot and just laid it atop two file cabinets on opposite ends. The door knob hole was perfect as a cable guide. It was a great, cheap, durable desk.

The gfx cards are 465gtx's if I remember correctly. The desk is an Ikea butcher block.

I really love the setup. Very powerful yet clean. Allows me to get work done but keep an organized space. The extra room on the desk is great if you want to use a laptop or something also.

The gfx cards are 465gtx's if I remember correctly. The desk is an Ikea butcher block.

I really love the setup. Very powerful yet clean. Allows me to get work done but keep an organized space. The extra room on the desk is great if you want to use a laptop or something also.
Where is that Ikea butcher block table top? I can't find it on their website. I'm looking to build a new desk.

techpoweruser, is the butcher block connected to the shelves at all or just resting on top?

One of my workstations. My fav.... Home office.
Dual dell 3007's. Same setup as work but this desk is way nicer!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/169294_10151698640326996_178831022_o.jpg
Where did you get that awesome desktop?? I've been looking for a long narrow bit of butcher block like that for some time. Looks like 6 feet wide??

Edit... Didn't read the rest of the thread:

do you have the item number by chance to that butcher block?

I think I found that awesome IKEA butcher block table top. It's actually a countertop... and at $195, it ain't cheap.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40057853/

I'm going to check it out at the local IKEA store, this week.
That looks like the one. However, it looks a bit deeper then Techpoweruser's...

FWIW I currently have this:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50106773/

not fully updated pic, but the desk is still the same:
IMG_8558.JPG

build thread:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1595516

I like your desk, pwrusr. I'm looking to do something like Techno's as my main desk, with yours at the side so the whole desk has an L shape. I've had a Galant for several years, but it's sagging under all the weight of my setup. In addition to the stuff in my sig, I've got two big bookshelf speakers, a heavy Pioneer receiver and a 42" LCD TV.

I like your desk, pwrusr. I'm looking to do something like Techno's as my main desk, with yours at the side so the whole desk has an L shape. I've had a Galant for several years, but it's sagging under all the weight of my setup. In addition to the stuff in my sig, I've got two big bookshelf speakers, a heavy Pioneer receiver and a 42" LCD TV.
I gotta say the desktop itself is SOLID. I've sat on it a few times with very little sagging.

I turned the top 3 monitor mounts into speaker mounts. I'm thinking about getting some monitor arms to do that with for the rear speakers too.

cc112012.jpg

cc112012-2.jpg

wow thanks for posting this, i had been looking for that oak board all over the ikea site, found it finally. will get it this week.

One of my workstations. My fav.... Home office.
Dual dell 3007's. Same setup as work but this desk is way nicer!

169294_10151698640326996_178831022_o.jpg

Back