Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

"Bezel correction" only gives the illusion that they aren't in the way.If I had a car with a thin black beam down the middle of the driver's side windshield, it wouldn't prevent me from being able to see anything (since it's so thin) but it would always be annoying. No different for me with Eyefinity bezels. Had to switch to a 30" and then two 24s in portrait but not in Eyefinity mode. Much happier.

I do have to concede that one downside with portrait EF is that when a game doesn't support EF resolutions (i.e. 3600x1920), there is no easy fallback, where as in landscape EF, you can always just run it in the center monitor. Due to this reason, I have contemplated switching to a 20"-30"-20" PLP configuration. Unfortunately the drivers still do not support PLP Eyefinity mode.

loki_race

How do you like your xps 13 ? Im pretty happy with mine.

I have two complaints so far. The touch pad buttons are still part of the touch pad. So sometimes my click finger moves the mouse. Also, since I'm a programmer, I use the End and Home keys a lot, and the keyboard requires using Function to use either of these keys.

Other than that, I wish I could have waited for Ivy Bridge, but I had to have a laptop now (Romanians have been stealing miles of telephone line knocking out internet for weeks, so I had to have a laptop so I could work remotely from places that still have internet).

It's a nice little laptop so far. Worth the cash if you ask me.

Same here cash wise and neediong it now and I even bought the 256 version. as for the fn keys I just put it to have all the media keys as #1 and the f keys as fn, I know that doesnt solve your problem just thought id throw it out.

I hated the trackpad at first but it got 100% better as soon as I updated the bios and trackpad drivers.

New Yamakasi Catleap S-IPS 2560x1440 with U2412 side-arm.

b-2012_03_12-Yamakasi-8027.jpg

BB

dang

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sparky:

What monitors is your buddy using? The portrait monitors don't look like 4:3 1600x1200 which are normal for 20-30-20 PLP layouts.

Sparky:

What monitors is your buddy using? The portrait monitors don't look like 4:3 1600x1200 which are normal for 20-30-20 PLP layouts.

I'd like to know as well. I'm thinking about switching from 3x24 Portrait to 20-30-20 PLP.

did you order all 3 at once? how do you like them?

I ordered the first one from DCsamsungmall for test run. It has minor defects but overall was fine. So I ordered 2 more from samsungkorea who sold 2 for $780. I also had a 10% off ebay coupon so it worked out perfectly. I really enjoy them for daily use. Gaming on all 3 is not possible at this time but hopefully at a later date. Well worth the $1140 or so considering my former Dell U3011 cost that much.

Yes it is his latest build. More pics in the case mod gallery in the thread Deskbottom.

I am not sure what the monitors are but will ask him.

Just added 2 20" to my 30"

IMG_0015.jpg

What monitors are these? The stands don't look like the dell stands. Also, it looks like the color is a little different on the two 20s than the center monitor but that could be the camera or something.

What monitors are these? The stands don't look like the dell stands. Also, it looks like the color is a little different on the two 20s than the center monitor but that could be the camera or something.

I just bought 2 of these L200ME And my center one is a Samsung 305T

I love pLp because LLL at 30" is expensive, takes up too much desk space, and causes me to spin my head too much.

Test fit of the PLP setup after moving into new house.. Ugh so much cabling to do (must be neat). Finished pictures soon I hope.

qiDa

Loving these P+L+P setups :cool:

I would much rather have your 20"+30"+20" than my 3 x 27"

photo-3.jpg

Last edited:
Its a Staples special - I've had it for a few years, was about $250. Can't offer much more info unfortunately.

Get them now :)

You have $3,000 to give me for them ? No way would I spend that much just for upgraded resolution for the U2711.

On Craigslist I can buy a used 30" Display for like $750, and then the two 20" for like $250 ea, for total of approx $1250 can get a 20"+30"+20" setup.

You have $3,000 to give me for them ? No way would I spend that much just for upgraded resolution for the U2711.

On Craigslist I can buy a used 30" Display for like $750, and then the two 20" for like $250 ea, for total of approx $1250 can get a 20"+30"+20" setup.
LOL no need to get upset if you can't afford it... There's people posting about 27" 1440p screens selling for $400 in this section, I guess you can look into that.

I was just curious why you said that you wish you had a PLP setup instead of 3x27". I see absolutely no advantage in PLP vs 3x1440p screens except that it takes less space.

Back