Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dvdwyng.jpg

dvdwyn.

sorry if this sounds like an odd question. But where you your knees go if your tower is like right underneath your keyboard? :?

(Nice set up obv, btw. How you liking your Sony Z? Sports nice I assume, no?)

Nope just Baltimore. Gotta protect yourself.

Nah...just kidding. Ya, in Afghanistan.

dvdwyn.

sorry if this sounds like an odd question. But where you your knees go if your tower is like right underneath your keyboard? :?

(Nice set up obv, btw. How you liking your Sony Z? Sports nice I assume, no?)

hi john, actually i took the pic when i just started setting up everything for the first time, so yea my legs are uncomfortable at that time, i have now change my setup but too lazy to upload.. :)

i like my sony z very much, the coolest lightest fastest laptop i ever owned.. don't really like the hybrid graphics system though... (not able to drive u2711 native res) and no nvidia driver update from sony to date.. :eek:

Nice Rokodo,

thats 90" of monitor in a straight line. isnt that alot of head turning when sitting so close?

Nice setup . Eventually I want to do something similar but have the 4th monitor underneath instead of overhead. I'll prob have to make a custom desk someday if I want to do that. Its much more natural for me to look down slightly than crane neck upward., plus I'd feel less boxed in. (My desk is a big 3-panel corner desk but I take over the whole corner of the room, facing the desk outward to the room's center).

I have glass desks at home. I put a monitor on the pull out keyboard tray once. It just doesn't seem to work all that well. Especially since your arms are constantly in the way.

Nice setup . Eventually I want to do something similar but have the 4th monitor underneath instead of overhead. I'll prob have to make a custom desk someday if I want to do that. Its much more natural for me to look down slightly than crane neck upward., plus I'd feel less boxed in. (My desk is a big 3-panel corner desk but I take over the whole corner of the room, facing the desk outward to the room's center).

yeah just got to make sure about the lightning unless you live in a cave then its no problem lol but LCD and sunlight don't work out that well together. House got big windows so my wife had to do quiete a lot curtain hanging lol

The setup is coming along. Have to say that EVE looks pretty amazing on SoftTH, even though I can't seem to be able to enable antialising from anywhere(SoftTH config, ingame or CCC) without crashing everything...

55595113.jpg

Been abit unlucky with removing the bezels of of the 2007FPs. They say u just need to wedge something between the plastic parts and it should unclip them apart, but mine seems to be abit too tough make so I'm afraid that I'll hurt my babies during the process.

If you face your desk out from the walls, taking over a whole corner of a room, your monitors are much less of a collector "catcher's mitt" for light. That's assuming you have the space to do so, and that no light sources are behind you in the corner. I never like having my back to a room anyway.

Stark's glossy screens would look a lot better if he didn't have a menagerie of iron man suits in brightly lit alcoves behind his desk......... should keep the light sources in front of the displays - that is, behind the monitor backs, outside of the corner he's in.
iron-man_tony-stark-desk_1sm.jpg

Looking better in this shot...
iron-man_tony-stark-desk_2sm.jpg

Overhead lighting is a horrible idea in computer areas.. those banks of overhead fluorescents are terrible.

While nowhere NEAR as flashy as some people in this thread, I have to represent the old school. First generation Dell 3007WFP-HC. The one with only one DVI-D input and that's it :D The desk is one I built myself, a "big L" style that was made from scraps from an office desk and a two sheets of MFB that my brother over-bought for his own desk-making project. Desk in total cost me all of $10, about 4 hours hard labor and a shower (MFB gives off an ungodly amount of sawdust -_____-).

setup0.jpg

And the rig powering it. E8400 @ 3.4, 4 GB DDR2-800, HD6850 1GB. Yes, it's messy, but new case (HAF912) is arriving next week (WOO!). And yes, that is an anti-static wrist strap. Safety first, kiddos!
setup1.jpg

Nice monitor vagabond. I'm still dreaming of a single 30 incher someday. What's the wallpaper?

I use to want a 30", til I bought my 26". It's just too big for me. Rather go with a 24", and another 24", and a few more 24". Like 8 of them.

I use to want a 30", til I bought my 26". It's just too big for me. Rather go with a 24", and another 24", and a few more 24". Like 8 of them.
To have more screens is not increasing the viewing area in strict sense. I think 26+ screens should be only used to watch from farer distance or something. It's too big to have it on desk and do basic tasks.

LCD's are like tattoos. Once you start acquiring them it's hard to stop. I'm up to five and want more. lol

To have more screens is not increasing the viewing area in strict sense. I think 26+ screens should be only used to watch from farer distance or something. It's too big to have it on desk and do basic tasks.

NONSENSE! :p

I love my 3x 28"s, they don't seem too big for gaming OR everyday tasks...

office2medium.jpg

I've had 20.1" , 22" , 23" , 24" widescreen crt,
37" 1080p westinghouse, 28" (27.5") hannspree.
Now I have a 27" 2560x1600 ips with a few 19" flanking it.
(I've also had a few 17" laptops, work on a few 15" lcd's from time to time, and my 8.4" netbook) :b

In my opinion derived from regular use of the above monitors, in regard to desktop usage (reading and using tools/interfaces) anything 23" to 27" is perfect size for a desk at 3' or less - which keeps the perimeter of the main monitor from edging too much into periphery where your gaze (and in extreme cases your neck) would have to move more considerably (more degrees) than what I consider "normal" during use.. 17 - 22" on the low end up to 28 - 32" on the high end is "ok" too but not optimal for me. If I were using a 30" - 32" I'd probably keep it 3' away minimum, perhaps a little farther.

@vagabond142 you sir deserve a pat on the back for that desk.

Thank you :D

Also, about a month after I built it, I found the sides of an older water bed, thick wood designed for structural stability. Cut em to length, each "table" section has a strengthening beam across the back 1/3 of the desk for rigidity. That way, I can pound on my desk when I die horribly in BFBC2 and it doesn't break on me. Granted, the faux-wood top weighs probably 80 lbs all on it's own XD Ahhh... good old early 80's desk construction :D Here's a pic of the support beam under the primary section, the "wood colored" desk bit... scarred, ugly, nasty, rescued from a scrap pile, and put to good use :D

desk0.jpg

I know it's ugly as sin, but the thing is, I built that thing out of scrap wood and extra fiberboard that I bought from my bro at $5 a sheet. It's DEFINITELY function over form. Sure, I could polish it, stain it, paint it, whatever... but that takes away from the character of it, and honestly, building it with my friends (I had two friends help me, pretty much just holding things steady while I drilled/screwed/cut/traced/etc) and sharing a pizza afterwards beats going down to Ikea and buying a premade any day d(^^ d)

Last edited:
main.php

More Pics

Qty - Product Description
3 x 30" LCD
2 x 20" LCD
1 x Black Ice GT Stealth 120 Radiator
1 x Black Ice GT Stealth 140 Radiator
1 x RS 120mm Radiator
1 x XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump
1 x XSPC Rasa Black (Acetal) CPU Waterblock
3 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1150 RPM (D1225C12B3AP-13)
1 x Scythe KAMA-FLEX 135mm x 25mm Fan - 1600 RPM w/ S-FDB Bearing (140mm Mount) (SA1325FDB12H)
1 x Koolance VID-AR699 Radeon HD6990 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
1 x Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Angled Nozzles Pair (NZL-L13KG)
5 x Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Nozzles Pair (NZL-V13KG)
1 x Koolance Dual VID Connector - Adjustable 2-3 Slot Spacing (CNT-VDA34)
2 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff Nozzle, Female Compression (13mm, 1/2" x 16mm, 5/8") (VL3N-F13S)
2 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff Nozzle, Male G1/4 Thread (VL3N-MG)
20 x 1/2" ID - (5/8" OD) PVC Clear Tubing (1ft)
2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
1 x ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION LGA 1155 Intel P67 / NVIDIA NF200 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
1 x Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
2 x PowerColor AX6990 4GBD5-M4D Radeon HD 6990 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
1 x CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
1 x Thermaltake Level 10 GT (VN10001W2N) Black SECC / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
2 x Intel 510 Series (Elm Crest) SSDSC2MH120A2K5 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Flow.gif

I relocated to the basement for better cooling, space for the server, and peace and quiet. :D

Nothing special

QavrN.jpg

domenic, thank you for raising the bar of jealousy. your setup is insane.

have you thought about running all those cables behind your monitors under your desk? might make it a little cleaner.

also, did you run the speaker cables through the wall?

and honestly, building it with my friends (I had two friends help me, pretty much just holding things steady while I drilled/screwed/cut/traced/etc) and sharing a pizza afterwards beats going down to Ikea and buying a premade any day d(^^ d)
Thumbs up, dude. :)

@domenic, are you left-handed? Do you use the mouse with the left hand?

That's interesting, because I'm left-handed myself, but I do mouse with my right. Most left-handed people do the same AFAIA.

Edit: Also, I like your blog about your solar-powered house. :)

Last edited:
Back