Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

mwlhrh,

Sick setup! I was wondering, is that backlight bleed or the IPS glow when looking at dark screens at an off angle?

I love the MM case and simple foldup chair and foldup desk. Looks like a hackers setup. :p

I was just going to say the same thing. I moved down to the basement from a corner desk to a folding, six foot buffet table and I love it.

thanks everyone...I'm pretty happy with the setup...nothing like a MountainMods cube. The only remaining task is to get the palits watercooled; have to buy the blocks and another 3x120 rad.

poweruser - you are seeing some glow...once I am sitting in the 'folding throne', all screens are all equally black. Also, the picture is taken with my droid x phone which isn't particularly good with low light conditions and tends to amplify certain things...look at the hdd blue LED with flare

I see why everyone likes triple display...I used 2 of the HP zr30s with a gtx 295 and was satisfied, but with the extra real estate and the smoothness of the 580s, the setup is hard to resist.

Finally getting used to three screens! Cleaned up the desk a bit. Having fun with wallpapers...

eyefinity_clearnerdesk_picture.jpg

Link to Wallpaper: http://img1.socwall.com/Abstract/General/201008094903-18956.jpg

Those are some nice triple setups.

ah if I could afford it I'd get two more cinema displays but I have to use the rest of my tax return to remodel my basement wall incl. getting a double door, and getting some laminate flooring installed.. so for now a 19" on each side will have to do. I also want to wait for competition and more reviews of 27" 120hz displays before I dive into any eyefinity 3 monitor gaming decisions (two more cinema displays vs building twd three 27" 120hz as a separate monitor group could cost around the same ~ $2k). The early adoption/new release pricing might drop slightly eventually too. I'm on 14mo no interest for my 27" ACD but that will be paid off in 8months after which I'm prob going to upgrade cpu+mobo+ram (around xmas), so realistically unless something changes I won't be buying toward three monitors of the same size until next year (tax return?) ;)

I'm really enjoying gaming at 2560x1440 currently however. I haven't messed with windowed mode or softth across all three in PLP yet. I'll post more pics once my basement gets done in the following month(s). Great setup pics. Keep 'em coming. :cool:

If you're going to do it, do it before I have to go to Uni and my setup becomes LPP or something else retarded due to space limitations. xD

You could always do what I just did. I went completely portrait. It's rather compact and it's still good for productivity. Though I'm hydragridding like mad. It's also good for games (my performance went up a whole lot because I don't render as much as i had to in landscape.)

I need to have at least 1 landscape. I'm not a big fan of 30" in portrait and it only has 1600 pixels across... I want 1920 for video. In the worst case scenario I'll be bringing a little fold-up table which I might be able to use as long as it's stable enough to hold one of the monitors.

I need to have at least 1 landscape. I'm not a big fan of 30" in portrait and it only has 1600 pixels across... I want 1920 for video. In the worst case scenario I'll be bringing a little fold-up table which I might be able to use as long as it's stable enough to hold one of the monitors.

haha, i don't think a fold out table will be sturdy enough. I've tried.

Finally got a decent shot of my work setup:

19" Lenovo ThinkVision: 900 x 1440 (portrait)
28" Hannspree HF289H : 1920 x 1200
28" Hanns-G HG281D: 1920 x 1200
HP EliteBook 8540w: 1600 x 900

adrian_moreno_multiple_monitors_med.jpg

Hey all, I have been checking Hardforum's for quite a while now and have seen some great setup's which have inspired me. I have been meaning to post my setup for some time, but kept making improvements ;) I am a perfectionist by name and nature.
Please let me know what you think? I am open to any suggestions on ways to improve my setup! I have spent countless hours getting this to just the way I like it and tried to keep it to a minimum.

Apologies for the poor image quality.

Ditch the Bose speakers. For the price you pay you can get much better quality and better sounding speakers.

Nice setup, MrPerfectionist. Are those 23" Dells? And what brand/model are those 3 hdd enclosures? I like them :)

Great Picture of the sidearm hahahaha I love it....

Here is an old one of mine... a little off topic but you gotta admit computer nuts with guns or is that nuts with guns with computers or gun nuts with computers ahh who cares ;):D Its all good!

IMG_0636.JPG

Gawd that has to be a Louuuuuud case when those 120mils are at full turn!

Haha great case! That would make one hell of a radiator station for a super watercooled uber PC.

they are noiseblockers s3 fans...at full crank (1800rpm or so), they aren't really great to be next to. I usually keep them at 1000 (7v) rpm which makes the computer quieter than my old dell 8400 whilst at idle.

I have 2 xspc rx360 rads and a xspc rx120 in the case now for the cpu, MB, and ram. In the next week or two, I'm going to tackle the gpu waterblocks and add another xspc 360 and maybe another 120...should keep things cool. Nice case to hold 120x11 worth of radiator.

rob

boobs.

nothing special but still very nice!
Did u extend your desktop onto the ipad?

Oi, dont hate on the "old and busted" HP 2335, I'm still stuck with two, and they work just fine :D

Oi, dont hate on the "old and busted" HP 2335, I'm still stuck with two, and they work just fine :D

yep, mine was still working perfectly when i stopped using mine, haha.

gonna probably be selling it to a friend or something soon, or using it for dedicated xbox 360 usage.

Just wondering. I had a 3007wfp-hc before and the 2007fp was perfect combo. But what about for 2407wfp? Any small size monitor to pair with the 24"?

The new desk I just built and awesome cable tying,

room1hk.jpg

Set-up, joystick.

room2c.jpg

New receiver, new monitor - both bought used.

room3z.jpg

Haha :)

How are the colours on the U2311H's vs the 2335 btw?

i would say that the l2335 was definately really nice as far as color reproduction, but the pink hue on the bright colors/white backgrounds took away from it.

the 2311 is really nice, black blacks, vibrant colors, thin bezels for eyefinity.

overall, i'd have to say that i like my 2311's more than the 2335.

Back