Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Maybe he likes the feel of the sand between his toes when he sits behind his computer. But I would just get a small tub of sand just for my feet.

Still really really weird.

On a side note, personally I avoid the beach because I HATE that feeling of sand between my toes :p

FINALLY finished my new room. It only took about a week off and on every day lol. Painting the stars took the longest lol...Was suprised how good they turned out. I was going to just re-paint it black, but think they came out alright...

img2499x.jpg

In case anyone is wondering...the far left monitor is my server (I use synergy to mess with it). The other 5 are all hooked up to my desktop.

img2503f.jpg

img2508pu.jpg

Last edited:
Holy shit dude, what do you do for a living, artistic work? Because that painting is awesome.

what do you use all those screens for?

Well obviously middle is for eyefinity, far left for the server, far right is the dell 22" touchscreen and its just for fun (it monitors my temps while in-game and is mostly my music monitor)...and then I use the 37w3 for movies/tv...

Holy shit dude, what do you do for a living, artistic work? Because that painting is awesome.

Lol...Its the death star fathead. There is no way I am artsy at all, heh. It took me like 5 hours total for the stars...and I am suprised those aren't screwed up :p

FINALLY finished my new room. It only took about a week off and on every day lol. Painting the stars took the longest lol...Was suprised how good they turned out. I was going to just re-paint it black, but think they came out alright...

img2508pu.jpg

Aggie? Nice set up BTW.

Zarathustra[H];1036758275 said:
That is really really weird.

Many questions...

-How does the chair even roll in that?

-Why would you put sand in your house in the first place?

-I hope he (she?) doesn't have cats...

1) It doesnt

2) love the sand feeling between the toes?

3) Wouldn't want to find a surprise between my toes

Zarathustra[H];1036768119 said:
Even at that price, it is WAY too much.

No chair in the world is worth $600, at least not to me.

Guess it's up to you.. if you're spending 8-10 hours a day in a chair why not buy the best there is... especially ones that will last you 10+ years. I went with an Herman Miller Embody and it was like $1400, but I don't regret it. My desktop isn't even worth that much but I also don't keep my desktops around for more than a year before building a new one. I'll be keeping this chair forever unless it breaks... which I doubt it will, has a 12 year warranty if it does break anytime soon though.

Resultsx.jpg

Just got it set up, so wiring tidiness isn't exactly my priority.

Deliberately mismatched 22"+27"+22", very pleased to see that my hunch about a larger center monitor for Eyefinity was on the mark - feels much nicer in FPS. Less noticeable fisheye and more natural to focus on the center monitor.

Ewwwww....someone wasted their money on a 10" iPod Touch.

Actually the funny thing is i'm basically "renting" the device. Found out they stopped charging restocking fees so I figured I would give it a whirl for a week or so. Yea it's just a 10" iPod touch though, but it's not all bad. If I didn't already have a laptop this would be a close contender for the basic stuff I like to do out and about and don't necessarily need the horsepower of a full computer. Like it or hate it, mobile computing is heading in this general direction.

Yep, that's where smartphones come into play. iPad, not mobile enough for me to carry around and not powerful enough to use when I'm at home.

Ahhh what the hell. Its going to be a month before I get everything the way I want it. Here is a screen.

videocard-2.jpg

The right most monitor is on its own arm which can also line up with the other four for 5xPortrait. Its pulled forward because I wanted to troubleshoot why AVP was crashing at the first switch pull in the marine tutorial.

Pic was taken to show that I did indeed own the 5870 which I just sold.

Better shots will come later.

I thought you were trying to add another 5870 6 edition? newegg had them on sale a week or so ago

^ r those u30?

wow.. so much sick set-ups here.. i have 2 u2410 right now and it is huge for me.. hopefully get a third one soon

^ r those u30?

wow.. so much sick set-ups here.. i have 2 u2410 right now and it is huge for me.. hopefully get a third one soon

The stock mounts don't tilt vertically. You'll need to buy another mount if you want to do a portrait eyefinity setup with the 30" monitors from dell.

The stock mounts don't tilt vertically. You'll need to buy another mount if you want to do a portrait eyefinity setup with the 30" monitors from dell.

well technically they don't...but w/ some creative ingenuity, it can be done =D

imag0622.jpg

Ewwwww....someone wasted their money on a 10" iPod Touch.

that 10" iPod Touch makes a great casual gaming device for the wife and kids. And a great presentation remote/ wireless mouse/ rdc while at work. I seriously wasn't enjoying it at first, but found that it does a lot of little things very well.

However, it will never replace my laptop. At least not with iOS on it.

that 10" iPod Touch makes a great casual gaming device for the wife and kids. And a great presentation remote/ wireless mouse/ rdc while at work. I seriously wasn't enjoying it at first, but found that it does a lot of little things very well.

I agree. I love using my iPod touch to control my laptop during presentations.

My phone can do the same thing and more. I at least didn't waste money on something else to achieve the same results.

My phone can do the same thing and more. I at least didn't waste money on something else to achieve the same results.

No one cares how much you hate the iPhone; this is the display thread, not the "Let me shit on other people's random things that happen to be in their picture" thread. Take it elsewhere.

No one cares how much you hate the iPhone; this is the display thread, not the "Let me shit on other people's random things that happen to be in their picture" thread. Take it elsewhere.

sorry for the disturbance in the e-penis wars.

Sounds like somebody doesn't make a lot of money so he'd like to belittle people by telling them what they buy is shit.

amirite?

Thought so now back to pictures.

Back