Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

hard to describe in a few lines but i am a Process Architect.... fancy way of saying i look at broken technical processes and help fix them =)

Heres mine. I kinda dont like my computer on the shelf as it raised ambient temps because its closer to the ceiling, but I had no choice since I have no desk space and a pet ferret. ( so the floor isn't an option )

IMG_0085.jpg

Here was my setup a couple of years back. I've since moved and dropped to just 4 screens.

I also have a tutorial built and what I went through:
http://premium93.com/6-monitor-link

http://premium93.com/images/projects/6-monitor/complete-install.jpg

Nice setup and tutorial. Got any recommendations on a stock? lol just kidding. couldn't resist.

I think what you do is fascinating but not for me. I don't think I can handle the pressure.I pay someone to do that for me.

just got my 3 u2410 love these babies no tinting issues or anything of i notice of yet there all 3 A04

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry for the bad picture camera sucks will have some more pictures later with a better camera

Here's my latest configuration:

I just got my surround speakers today, and getting a better Receiver in Jan. Hoping to get a center channel to mount above/behind the center monitor in Jan as well.

And now for something a little different. Meet my server. It's a Dockstar hacked to run Debian.

jGvPM.png

That's my making some mods and working on getting the serial cable wired up. They're based off the SheevaPlugs, have 1/4 the ram but have 3 additional USB ports.

UpEAw.png

That's an LCD Photo Keychain working as a USB driven monitor. Currently it's showing stats via LCD4Linux. Unfortunately, my phone's camera can't do a good job with getting a shot of the screen.

THIS is probably the best I can do with a closeup.

B1jf8.jpg

Because of some work done by a guy named Peter over at the Dockstar hacking forums... The ST2205 based LCDs (google "picframe wiki") are no longer limited to being LCD4Linux status displays, but can also be set up to activate a root terminal via st2205term when plugged in. They've even managed X support, among other things.

MNTi9.png

128x128 resolution, in case you're wondering. ;) Perfect LCD for the dockstar. Sits right on the vertical miniUSB plug meant for a Seagate FreeAgent drive.

I know it's not Eyefinity, but I think it does make for an interesting setup.

Well the big monitor is IBM 21" P260 with sony trinitron tube. it has VGA and DVI, but the DVI requires special cable which I wasn't able to find.

The P260 was by far my favorite monitor. I transitioned to LCD panels, because the thing set of so much heat and had ruined a couple of el-cheapo desks (weight).

The cable is DVI-I, which includes analog (DVI-A) and digital (DVI-D) pinouts, but you need to make sure that the DVI on your video card puts out both analog and digital signals, too.

I still have the cable and you are welcome to it ... I'd need you to pay shipping, though. PM me if interested.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Ok here is mine. Just setup a mini-game room / work room in the basement.
Still have some work to do, but you'll get the gist of it.

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

Glossy bezel really shows the fingerprints :(

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

First post!

I've been following this thread for a year now and there are some awsome setups here.
The thread finally convinced me to get a proper display setup along with my transition to the Sandy Bridge age.

Going with U3011 as the main screen and it should arrive from Dell Ireland in the begining of next week. But the side monitors have arrived already: A patch of lightly used 2007fp:s in mint condition. Got these babies for a cool 89 euros each, so I'm pretty pleased with the deal.

6dell2007fp.jpg

Will keep updating as soon as I get my U3011 and the rig together

Happy new year from Finland to everyone!

First post!

I've been following this thread for a year now and there are some awsome setups here.
The thread finally convinced me to get a proper display setup along with my transition to the Sandy Bridge age.

Going with U3011 as the main screen and it should arrive from Dell Ireland in the begining of next week. But the side monitors have arrived already: A patch of lightly used 2007fp:s in mint condition. Got these babies for a cool 89 euros each, so I'm pretty pleased with the deal.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1429/6dell2007fp.jpg

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with 7 screens.

First post!

O...M...G...

Back