Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Not finished, needs a third monitor yet - but it's a start. I have no idea where I am going to put the tower, don't think it will fit with the third.
desk.jpg

looking nice! Maybe you need a new camera? xD

Is that a gun, lying there on the right? if so, you'r a badass :O

Edit: two questions:
- How thick is the bezel around those dell monitors?
- How much do they sell for?

looking nice! Maybe you need a new camera? xD

Is that a gun, lying there on the right? if so, you'r a badass :O

Edit: two questions:
- How thick is the bezel around those dell monitors?
- How much do they sell for?

It's from my Droid, I know it looks like total shit. Yes, it's a Glock 22 and it really hurts my back to sit with that thing digging into it.

The bezels are 3/4 of an inch, really not bad - when I get the third monitor I will tuck them partially behind the center so it will only be a total of 3/4 an inch instead of an inch and 1/2.

They were $212 shipped from dell - the 2209WA, you can get them for that price if you email [email protected] - by FAR the nicest monitor I have ever had (they are IPS panels instead of TN)

Niice!

I really like the dell's, they have allways been selling awesome monitors.i live in norway so i probably wont be able to get that awesome price.

Btw, in Norway that monitor, costs between 350-400 dollars before shipping :(

Niice!

I really like the dell's, they have allways been selling awesome monitors.i live in norway so i probably wont be able to get that awesome price.

Btw, in Norway that monitor, costs between 350-400 dollars before shipping :(

It's worth contacting her, maybe you can get something worked out.

Is that a 30in with two 24s on the side? Or are those 22s?

It's a NEC 3090 (30 inch) and two NEC P221w's (22 inchers). I originally bought the 22' monitors not thinking I would have the money for a 30' model for a long time. Then NEC put their 3090 up for sale as refurbs for $999, so I had to bite since new they are over $2000.

Oh and just in case anyone was wondering about input lag on the 3090, personally I just don't see it. This panel seems even more responsive than my last TN panel.

Here is my updated setup. I posted earlier in this thread so if you want to find more pics of my old one just search for my username. These are Dell 3008wfp's driven by two 5870's. I know the monitors don't fit on the desk, but they work for now.

Old Monitor:

New Monitor Setup:

Beggars cant be choosers, and I'd like you to try to get hold of the LG L245WP's used, they're friggin hard to find. I dont mind as long as the vertical res is the same.

keyboard is a standard HP deal, with a mousetrapper advance thingie infront.

Last edited:
i have a 22 inch asus with build in 1.3 mega pixel camera only have one screen at moment havent had the money to get the 2 22 inch asus screens with out the cam i suffer from ocd so eveything has to be spot on or i loose it lol

I like it close, that way I can properly judge the visual quality of games I'm playing. Any thing looks good from 10+ feet away which is the recommended viewing distance. At that distance or beyond you might as well stick with a standard tube CRT imo.

Agreed, time spent doing cable management is alot less painful then not and tripping over wires causing something to fall to floor and breaking it.

Honestly, if we are prioritizing, I'd suggest purchasing a set or one larger, durable, tv/entertainment stand...you know, instead of using empty packaging to hoist your tech up onto...

A setup with great cable management can make a setup look 10x better. When I saw the pic I didn't even notice the monitors...I noticed the cables everywhere.

Beggars cant be choosers, and I'd like you to try to get hold of the LG L245WP's used, they're friggin hard to find. I dont mind as long as the vertical res is the same.

keyboard is a standard HP deal, with a mousetrapper advance thingie infront.
Why is everyone looking for these LG L245WP/L246WP monitors? What's so special about them?

I have one, and I like it, but they didnt sell in any large numbers (expensive), so they're kinda hard to find these days...one of the better p-mva based monitors out there.

A setup with great cable management can make a setup look 10x better. When I saw the pic I didn't even notice the monitors...I noticed the cables everywhere.
I agree completely, First reaction was holy crap look at those cables, then was holy crap that couch is insanely close to the tv and so on

I agree completely, First reaction was holy crap look at those cables, then was holy crap that couch is insanely close to the tv and so on
geez why is everyone on the guys back? maybe he dosent care about his cables also if you look he dosent seem to have much room to push his couch any father back. sometimes you gotta live with what you have. :rolleyes:

Back