Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Those krks are powered speakers (amps built in). That little guy on the left is a headphone amp...i think...

@fox_au

Nice setup I like the speakers, whats your computer spec:

How can I post my computer picture here.

Thanks

101_2713.jpg

Yay new t260hd finally got there!

001.jpg

Hurrah for terrible, terrible cameras. Setup in the pic is my sig rig, along with my Hanns 28", my Gateway 22", my Acoustic bass amp and my Fender Jazz in the corner.

aren't you worried that the pc is on top of a huge sub and next to a little sub?

the vibrations in that area are horrible for your harddrive

Some of those kids need to learn the wisdom of the backhand. I'm betting that up to 40% are true accidents that weren't really preventable, and that the rest may have been from screwing around.

When I was little(born in 87, so this is the early 1990s), we had a rear projection TV. If you started f***ing around in the living room, you got backhanded. Backhanding is cheaper than fixing a TV, so it happened. Same with touching the car phone or playing with the wood tray tables in the back of the car(well, the Jag was really long, so you got hit later). It wasn't a lack of love, it was a fear of anyone getting hurt or messing up stuff my dad worked really hard to afford.

Never got hurt as a kid from any appliances because of that discipline. Kids need to know boundaries.

Some of those kids need to learn the wisdom of the backhand. I'm betting that up to 40% are true accidents that weren't really preventable, and that the rest may have been from screwing around.

When I was little(born in 87, so this is the early 1990s), we had a rear projection TV. If you started f***ing around in the living room, you got backhanded. Backhanding is cheaper than fixing a TV, so it happened. Same with touching the car phone or playing with the wood tray tables in the back of the car(well, the Jag was really long, so you got hit later). It wasn't a lack of love, it was a fear of anyone getting hurt or messing up stuff my dad worked really hard to afford.

Never got hurt as a kid from any appliances because of that discipline. Kids need to know boundaries.

I second that one. I know far too many kids in the youth group I co-lead that do not understand how to take care of equipment that is either given to them, or that their parents own. Too many times I hear 'I dont have a computer, because i knocked it off the desk playing (insert random outdoor game here)'. Its really annoying.

I would have never done anything like that, for fear of my mothers bamboo kitchen spoon... *shudders*

I second that one. I know far too many kids in the youth group I co-lead that do not understand how to take care of equipment that is either given to them, or that their parents own. Too many times I hear 'I dont have a computer, because i knocked it off the desk playing (insert random outdoor game here)'. Its really annoying.

I would have never done anything like that, for fear of my mothers bamboo kitchen spoon... *shudders*
Kids these days, eh? :eek:

I hate to digress from the topic but I've been trying to get a good setup for my display and speakers. I see tons of methods but I came across an awesome one using some old modular shelves I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond. Thing is, they can't help me find more if I can't get the manufacturer. I threw the box and manual away a long time ago. If anyone knows the manufacturer or where I can get more pieces to add on it would help me post my new setup at home!

I have two versions, One is a regular shelf, and the other is a TV stand, Both 3 levels. It's a lightweight chipboard? Black. Silver rods with threading allow you to keep adding levels and there are endcaps for feet and for the top level to hold them in place.

I'm going to look through this entire thread and see if someone is also using them
--------------------
Ok turns out my friend has the same tv unit as me and still had the box. It's Bridgewater Gallery Northfield Collection.
http://www.kitchensource.com/entertainment-centers/bw-fe3022.htm
http://www.kitchensource.com/shelves/bw-fe3026.htm

I have that same the same tv stand and a similar shelving unit, instead of 4 levels, its 2, and rectangular instead of square. As you can see, each level just screws in and you can keep adding to it [if the rods are the same size].
I bought these two for $10 and $20 but the internets wants so much more!? And there's no website for BGNC or any contact info...

Would love to get my hands on some more because its just the perfect height for a my monitor

Last edited:
Pictures would go a LONG way to someone being able to help you find what you are looking.

:S gateway on top of a sub....

Lol, yup

aren't you worried that the pc is on top of a huge sub and next to a little sub?

the vibrations in that area are horrible for your harddrive

I actually only use the bass amp when the computer is off, and my computer is always near my PC speaker sub regardless of my setup.

I yhink I would be more worried about the lcd dropping. How stable is that thing? lol

It's stable enough. Hasn't done anything yet.

Funny, I'm only 15 myself. ;)

Looking for some advice on a unique monitor setup, found this site from the anandtech lcd thread saying that this is the best display forum on the net, so here I am! =D. So I have 2 separate applications I need displays for.

The first (and probably easier decision) is for my office, we only get laptops to work on, and I know I could be more productive with more screen real estate and using a larger screen in conjunction with my 15" laptop screen.

For a single screen, as multiple screens plus laptop would probably look too strange for the office, I would assume bigger is better here....but obviously price becomes an issue above 22" it seems, and I don't know much about quality. If it will be a better setup though I am not strongly opposed to doing multiple screens, but I think it may be overkill.

Primary use is Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, database queries, usually have 8-10+ programs running, and actively working with the same amount of Excel application instances. I have poor eyesight and my eyes often get over stressed (tired/sore/blurry/stressed to the point of getting styes/hordeolum, etc at times), so considering I will be looking at this screen from 8-5 everyday, something easy on the eyes would help and be worth it.

This seems to be the best deal on the net for value right now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16824236051 with mostly good reviews for a 22" 1080p at 160 shipped, and ($5 cheaper at ZZF but haven't dealt with them http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...p?ProductCode=10009786 ), but I'm not sure how good these screens really are. I've bought a cheap 19" LCD before for $400 about 5 yrs ago, and it lasted 3 years or so. I don't think its worth spending money for the top of the line, as the prices continue to drop so fast on bigger and better screens, so I am looking for something that will suit me well, for a good deal so I won't waste so much money tossing it/upgrading in a few years. Also right now I am solely using the 15" on my lenovo T61, so I'm sure anything is going to be a big improvement. Any recommendations/suggestions/advice?

The second application gets a bit more complicated and interesting=D. This is for my home office, I'm an FX (foreign exchange/currency) trader, and I need to be able to view at least 12+ charts at once, plus my execution platform, some browsers, chat windows, videos, and other programs.

I will be spending a LOT of time in front of these screens, probably a solid 4-8 hours at home every day AFTER work, so anything that can help my poor eyes will be great. With all the stuff I want to be able to view, and maximize productivity, it sounds to me like multiple screens is the way to go here. I am thinking anywhere from 2-6 screens, ranging in size from 19s to 30s, whatever will give the maximum screen real estate, usability, comfort, productivity, and value. I don't need to buy them all at once, I can start with 1, 2, and build up from there. Again, I don't want to spend a fortune only to have them be worthless in a couple years and have to do it over and over again. On the other hand, for this application, if they ease any eye strain/stress for me or increase productivity/ability to focus while trading, they will pay for themselves very quickly.

Now I have seen that sometimes if using fewer large monitors it can be a pain to re-size all the windows you want to view on each one to all fit together how you want them, and you lose a lot of space between the borders of all the stacked windows on one screen. And it also may be easier to have more smaller screens for organiziation purposes as you can dedicate each screen for a specific task and maximize it, to quickly just look to that screen for what you want to do, without having to worry about re-sizing/stacking/organizing windows on each monitor, etc.

19's are only $100 shipped now, so could pretty cheaply get 6-8 of them for the price of one or less than the price of 2 big 30" screens. Of course then the mounting and video card setups get a big more complex too though. The same 22" for $160 shipped above, in a dual or quad seems like a good setup also. Please share your thoughts/advice/suggestions. Thanks!

Looking for some advice on a unique monitor setup, found this site from the anandtech lcd thread saying that this is the best display forum on the net, so here I am! =D. So I have 2 separate applications I need displays for.

The first (and probably easier decision) is for my office, we only get laptops to work on, and I know I could be more productive with more screen real estate and using a larger screen in conjunction with my 15" laptop screen.

For a single screen, as multiple screens plus laptop would probably look too strange for the office, I would assume bigger is better here....but obviously price becomes an issue above 22" it seems, and I don't know much about quality. If it will be a better setup though I am not strongly opposed to doing multiple screens, but I think it may be overkill.

Primary use is Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, database queries, usually have 8-10+ programs running, and actively working with the same amount of Excel application instances. I have poor eyesight and my eyes often get over stressed (tired/sore/blurry/stressed to the point of getting styes/hordeolum, etc at times), so considering I will be looking at this screen from 8-5 everyday, something easy on the eyes would help and be worth it.

This seems to be the best deal on the net for value right now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16824236051 with mostly good reviews for a 22" 1080p at 160 shipped, and ($5 cheaper at ZZF but haven't dealt with them http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...p?ProductCode=10009786 ), but I'm not sure how good these screens really are. I've bought a cheap 19" LCD before for $400 about 5 yrs ago, and it lasted 3 years or so. I don't think its worth spending money for the top of the line, as the prices continue to drop so fast on bigger and better screens, so I am looking for something that will suit me well, for a good deal so I won't waste so much money tossing it/upgrading in a few years. Also right now I am solely using the 15" on my lenovo T61, so I'm sure anything is going to be a big improvement. Any recommendations/suggestions/advice?

The second application gets a bit more complicated and interesting=D. This is for my home office, I'm an FX (foreign exchange/currency) trader, and I need to be able to view at least 12+ charts at once, plus my execution platform, some browsers, chat windows, videos, and other programs.

I will be spending a LOT of time in front of these screens, probably a solid 4-8 hours at home every day AFTER work, so anything that can help my poor eyes will be great. With all the stuff I want to be able to view, and maximize productivity, it sounds to me like multiple screens is the way to go here. I am thinking anywhere from 2-6 screens, ranging in size from 19s to 30s, whatever will give the maximum screen real estate, usability, comfort, productivity, and value. I don't need to buy them all at once, I can start with 1, 2, and build up from there. Again, I don't want to spend a fortune only to have them be worthless in a couple years and have to do it over and over again. On the other hand, for this application, if they ease any eye strain/stress for me or increase productivity/ability to focus while trading, they will pay for themselves very quickly.

Now I have seen that sometimes if using fewer large monitors it can be a pain to re-size all the windows you want to view on each one to all fit together how you want them, and you lose a lot of space between the borders of all the stacked windows on one screen. And it also may be easier to have more smaller screens for organiziation purposes as you can dedicate each screen for a specific task and maximize it, to quickly just look to that screen for what you want to do, without having to worry about re-sizing/stacking/organizing windows on each monitor, etc.

19's are only $100 shipped now, so could pretty cheaply get 6-8 of them for the price of one or less than the price of 2 big 30" screens. Of course then the mounting and video card setups get a big more complex too though. The same 22" for $160 shipped above, in a dual or quad seems like a good setup also. Please share your thoughts/advice/suggestions. Thanks!

I trade stocks at home for maybe 2 hours a day and the rest at work on a few laptops.

I run a setup of 2 Dell 2209WAs portraited on the side of a Samsung LN40A500 40" 1080P LCD HDTV. I also run 2 15" 1280x1024 laptops near that as well. The TV is great for research, trading actions and the sides are great for tracking prices and viewing graphs.

I would stray away from TN panels as the poor viewing angles are problematic in display arrays. I'd spend about $200 - $300 per display for decent 22" displays and get 4 to start; if I were you.Go with any of the IPS or PVA variants and you'll be fine. For stands, there is a seller on google who has very inexpensive arms ($150 for a six pot stand); I'll post it when I get home tonight.

My new monitor next to my old Samsung 22". The new one is a KDS 26".

IMG_0829.jpg

The Samsung is going to my sister as I am building her a computer.

Here is my complete setup.
IMG_0828.jpg

The big monitor is a 42" Westinghouse.

IMG_0825.jpg

Ok I just got my two new Dell 2709w's yesterday and thought I would post a before and after shot.

Before:

After:

Back