Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Markd, what are the stands that you are using for the monitors? They appear that they just go straight up with no real arm attached? How do you like the desk mounted setup for the LCDs?
Looks really good though in early 09 seems like you had a lot more screens!

I use a VM 811

V117-1016-main-ca.jpg

They are definitely not as good as the Ergotrons, but don't cost as much either ($32 each). They can go up and down (at the expense of the lcd going farther forward or backward), swivel left and right, pivot+rotate the lcd, etc.

Not really sure what you mean by "desk mounted"? However, I love the lcd arm "float effect" where at the right angles it just looks like all 3 lcds are floating in the air.

Markd

Can you post some pictures of under the desk, to show the computers.
What do you have ?

Markd

Can you post some pictures of under the desk, to show the computers.
What do you have ?

Nothing special really (I'm a web designer that doesn't game):
Antec Sonta III case
Gigabyte P35 DS3R
4GB of Ram
1 Terabyte HD
8600GT
E44400 (OC at 3ghz on stock)

I also have a Macbook Pro, but I usually leave that at work.

WRT54GL w/Tomato is my wireless card, cheap X540 speakers, 1 terabyte esata hd for time machine, the little red thing is a mouse that I use to turn on my computer. Wires is just shoved in the corner where you can't see them.
insider2.jpg

insides1.jpg

I also love your setup Markd.

Even though you have tons of space on that table with no papers/books on it... I'd keep it like that too it just looks so CLEAN.

Your chair looks comfy as hell. The thickness of where you sit is almost like a bed haha. Happen to know the brand/model of it?

Yup, awesome setup. I love that minimalistic look. I enjoyed seeing the evolution of your setup too. :cool:

UberGeek427 & silent hero Thanks! I put together a mini history of all my setups in case you are interested:

P!rate Every since I built my hackintosh I couldn't get my PCI 5200FX work for my extra DVI port. Previously I had windows+ultramon which was amazing for 3 monitors. I am going to get an EVGA uv plus in the next few days so I can use my third monitor.

Wow, that's awesome. You've come a long way & it looks great!

Thanks ih8tspam, UberGeek427

ZzBloopzZ: I don't think the chair is anything special. I believe it was made by "Lane" (I ripped the label off) and probably from costco 4-5 years ago. It is kind of falling apart, I might try and repair it. The trick to keeping it clean is eliminating papers, I did freelance web design for the last 2.5 years so every reciept, every cheque, or any other paper would go straight in the scanner (that is what the mini usb is for below the left monitor).

jrdonnaruma: I am not sure, my Dad had it for about 7 years and it got passed down to me. I just repainted.

Last edited:
Nice, I like it. Why not hang the right speaker off the right monitor and make it symmetrical with the left one?

I use a VM 811

They are definitely not as good as the Ergotrons, but don't cost as much either ($32 each). They can go up and down (at the expense of the lcd going farther forward or backward), swivel left and right, pivot+rotate the lcd, etc.

Not really sure what you mean by "desk mounted"? However, I love the lcd arm "float effect" where at the right angles it just looks like all 3 lcds are floating in the air.

Where did you get the LCD arm for cheap?

Nice, I like it. Why not hang the right speaker off the right monitor and make it symmetrical with the left one?

The speakers are wall-mounted, the angle of the picture makes it look like it is hanging off the monitor.

IIRC the Apple remote has a magnet in it and it will actually stick to the side of the Apple display. At least it works on the iMac because the front glass panel is held to the computer via magnets. I'm not sure if the ACD is the same but worth a try.

Just something you can try if you like it, rather than hanging it on the wall.

Ruahrc

The speakers are wall-mounted, the angle of the picture makes it look like it is hanging off the monitor.
It looks like your right speaker is much farther away from the monitor than the left speaker is.

Last edited:
whats the name of the iPhone holder?

Well the chair is at low price right now at Canadian Tire for $59.99 CAD. If i had to buy a kick ass chair, it would be a dentist chair for a few thousands dollars.

Not in this economic time.

Pic:
3486321462_700c61e497_b.jpg

Personally I would have invested in a new camera... haha
Looks better than I would have thought, I am sure it looks even better in person!

Personally I would have invested in a new camera... haha
Looks better than I would have thought, I am sure it looks even better in person!

haha forgot to add that the photo was taken with my crappy cell phone =P I will post additional pictures as soon as I clean my office n organize the massive maze of wires

Got my 3007 wfp HC from a fellow forum member + my 2x2001fp's
Nice new setup, Yang! I've seen your LCDs evolve from Dell 2707 -> Westinghouse 37" -> Gateway XHD3000 -> present day. Did I miss any? All looked great!

Nice new setup, Yang! I've seen your LCDs evolve from Dell 2707 -> Westinghouse 37" -> Gateway XHD3000 -> present day. Did I miss any? All looked great!

haha thanks wolf! let's see if I can remember, Envision 17" , Hyundai L90D+ 19", Gateways 24" x 3, LG 37", Westy 42", Samsung 40", Samsung 46", Gateway 30", Dell 27", Dell 24", and now Dell 20" x 2 + Dell 30" haha....and I kept the Samsung A550 46" for TV duties/HTPC

we still have to meet up sometime!

say those lcd arms look familiar ;) :D

Yeah, and also that Rockstar energy drink. :D

Those 30 inchers become really useful with extra desktop space when working, the same goes for dual monitor setups, which can be even more useful. Although when gaming a powerful video card is a must because of the high resolution.

haha thanks wolf! let's see if I can remember, Envision 17" , Hyundai L90D+ 19", Gateways 24" x 3, LG 37", Westy 42", Samsung 40", Samsung 46", Gateway 30", Dell 27", Dell 24", and now Dell 20" x 2 + Dell 30" haha....and I kept the Samsung A550 46" for TV duties/HTPC

we still have to meet up sometime!

I want to hang out with you guys as well

mine goes as follows

Dell 17 inch->Dell 20" wide screen -> 2xDell20 widescreen-> Dell 24 -> Dell 30" -> Dell 20", Dell 30", Dell 20", -> 2x Dell 30" -> and now I am back to Dell 20", 30", 20" , Sony 32inch XBR6 @ 1080p along with Sony 60 inch @ 1080p, Sharp 42"

I think we need to go to a meeting together..
"Hi everyone, my name is Jacob, and I'm a LCDaholic."

Back